Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #136
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

We went to Disney this past Christmas. After eating at Chef Mickey's on Christmas Day, we took the monorail over to see the decorations at the Grand Floridian. By the elevator we saw this elderly woman who was wearing lots of makeup and had her belongings surrounding her. I couldn't help but stare as she seemed lonely. My husband thought she was old money and that her family was probably around somewhere and she was resting. I have not been able to get this woman out of my head ever since because she looked so alone and it was Christmas. Now I feel terrible after reading her story on here. I had never heard of a teddy bear woman. I wish I would have wished her a Merry Christmas. If I ever see her again, I am going to give her a teddy bear.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #137
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

I've followed this thread for a few years - and I will say every time my family goes to the Grand Floridian, usually to have dinner, I do see the Teddy Bear Lady. She always comes when the jazz band is playing. Usually she sits quietly on one of the more secluded sofas in the lobby. She does seem to have a sad way about her. Many times I've been tempted to say hello, but ultimately come to the conclusion that if it were me I'd like to be left in peace.

para-quoting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by landers View Post
My names Jack, I was a character for 13 yrs at parks, I am very familiar with the towel baby. I worked mainly in crystal palace as eeyore and tigger.
I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight here - but this really stood out as an odd comment. I have not myself worked in the parks, but I lived and went to college in Orlando for about 4 years and had (and still have) many good friends who work in the parks. One was a character actor who "was friends" (CMs are not allowed to say who they play) with Eeyore. But because of the different height requirements he would have never been able to "be friends" with Tigger. Yet you say you've done both... From my understanding Eeyore's "friends" can be no taller than 5'8" while Tigger's "friends" need to be at least 5'10". Sure that's only a 2 inch difference, but as far as costuming goes it's huge.
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #138
ChallengeFlag
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantingodin View Post
para-quoting:

I'm honestly not trying to pick a fight here - but this really stood out as an odd comment. I have not myself worked in the parks, but I lived and went to college in Orlando for about 4 years and had (and still have) many good friends who work in the parks. One was a character actor who "was friends" (CMs are not allowed to say who they play) with Eeyore. But because of the different height requirements he would have never been able to "be friends" with Tigger. Yet you say you've done both... From my understanding Eeyore's "friends" can be no taller than 5'8" while Tigger's "friends" need to be at least 5'10". Sure that's only a 2 inch difference, but as far as costuming goes it's huge.
Not trying to continue a fight here, but Jack's legit. Can we stay on topic?
ChallengeFlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #139
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengeFlag View Post
Not trying to continue a fight here, but Jack's legit. Can we stay on topic?
I'm so glad you think so. I disagree. Seems odd to me that "two" people who have all of 10 posts combined are getting so defensive when I pointed out a known fact. Hope you have a magical day!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #140
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so glad you think so. I disagree. Seems odd to me that "two" people who have all of 10 posts combined are getting so defensive when I pointed out a known fact. Hope you have a magical day!
Funny how your friend's info is a known fact and others' experience isn't.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #141
ChallengeFlag
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I used to work with Jack... and while I have only recently started posting on the DIS under this username, I have been around the site since 2001. I used to post under a previous name at that time, but quit posting in 2003.
I recently started posting again... but with this kind of warm welcome I am beginning to question that decision.
But back to the topic, as I stated above, I used to work with Jack, starting in 2003.
ChallengeFlag is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: