Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #61
holden
DIS Veteran
 
holden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,056

I saw this thread and had to respond. You see, DH and I are Poly lovers! I grew up staying at the Poly (it was the only hotel besides the Contemporary at the time). DH fell in love with the Poly after staying there with me (and our kids) several times.

On our last visit, we decided to be practical and stay at BC. We planned to visit Epcot 3 times during the week (we could walk there from BC), and we had never stayed at an Epcot resort before. "Let's take a chance," I said...

Bottom line is...we had a nice time at BC, but it just isn't the Poly.

If you fall in love with the Poly, she will always be in you heart. For us, the Poly will always be the first choice. Even if it means skipping a year to save up for it!

Enjoy your trip wherever you choose to stay
__________________
Me - 44
DH - 45
DD - 11
DD - 7
holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:29 AM   #62
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads
 
Alexsandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
I saw this thread and had to respond. You see, DH and I are Poly lovers! I grew up staying at the Poly (it was the only hotel besides the Contemporary at the time). DH fell in love with the Poly after staying there with me (and our kids) several times.

On our last visit, we decided to be practical and stay at BC. We planned to visit Epcot 3 times during the week (we could walk there from BC), and we had never stayed at an Epcot resort before. "Let's take a chance," I said...

Bottom line is...we had a nice time at BC, but it just isn't the Poly.

If you fall in love with the Poly, she will always be in you heart. For us, the Poly will always be the first choice. Even if it means skipping a year to save up for it!

Enjoy your trip wherever you choose to stay
Thanks for your input!
I booked the Polynesian a few days ago and I have to say, I feel really good about it. I looked at tons of pictures of beach club and it seems really nice but Poly is just so much more romantic to me. I will try BC with the kids on my future trips if I don't get totally hooked on the Poly.
Plus we are booked for many restaurants on the monorail, including Ohana, KOna Cafe, the Wave, and V&A at GF (for our anniversary). I can't wait!
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-19-2013, 05:59 AM   #63
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,769

You will NOT regret your choice if the Poly & I'm telling you, you'll be hooked!! Nothing in WDW compares to the views, the ambiance, the staff & the convenience of the monorail ( well except for GF, lol)

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #64
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,657

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsandra View Post
Now that I have chose can anyone suggest the best longhouse to stay in when booked in a standard view room.
We loved Samoa as we thought it was very convenient to everything. It's just steps from the GCH, the pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks . We were on the first floor facing the quiet pool and it was great .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby428 View Post
Opposite! The romance of the Polynesian for an adult couple trumps the extra cost. Might be more to do at BC but not more romantic things e.g. Stroll along the beach with a view of the castle with a peek around the wedding chapel and easy access to the other monorail resorts. Romantic memories are priceless. A wish is a dream your heart makes and Polynesian is a dreamy place.
I agree. The BC is a great resort, but there's just something about the Poly's atmosphere and seeing the castle from just about anywhere on the Poly grounds .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsandra View Post
I booked the Polynesian a few days ago and I have to say, I feel really good about it. I looked at tons of pictures of beach club and it seems really nice but Poly is just so much more romantic to me. I will try BC with the kids on my future trips if I don't get totally hooked on the Poly.
Plus we are booked for many restaurants on the monorail, including Ohana, KOna Cafe, the Wave, and V&A at GF (for our anniversary). I can't wait!
You won't regret it, the Poly is amazing .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #65
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads
 
Alexsandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
You will NOT regret your choice if the Poly & I'm telling you, you'll be hooked!! Nothing in WDW compares to the views, the ambiance, the staff & the convenience of the monorail ( well except for GF, lol)

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
You are making me even more excited about staying at the Poly. Thanks
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #66
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads
 
Alexsandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

We loved Samoa as we thought it was very convenient to everything. It's just steps from the GCH, the pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks . We were on the first floor facing the quiet pool and it was great .

I agree. The BC is a great resort, but there's just something about the Poly's atmosphere and seeing the castle from just about anywhere on the Poly grounds .

You won't regret it, the Poly is amazing .
Samoa seems like a good location but I was worried about noise from the volcano pool. I did not realize that the back side faced the quiet pool. I requested Fiji marina side third floor or Tokelau 2nd or 3rd floor but now I just read on tikiman that those location don't have king beds. Since we are only 2 guests, I am scared they will stick me in another longhouse with kings. However i just checked and Samoa has king beds. I should maybe change my request to this longhouse instead.
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #67
hookedonears
Louisianan
 
hookedonears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,847

We've never stayed at the Wilderness lodge, though everytime we visit, our hearts tell us the next time we come back, we want to stay there. Our heads take over though, and most of the time we end up back at the Poly. We've stayed at the Beach Club only once, and as a comparison room to room, there is no. The Poly's rooms are larger and nicer. The Beach Club's ceilings are lower as well. The Poly is just a nicer, more relaxing facility all around. We tried the Beach Club primarily because of the pool for our daughter. We've stayed at the Poly 4 times and there was no doubt to us that the Bus waits there seem to be much shorter as compared to the Beach Club. We did however stay near the quiet pool at the Beach Club, which made the walk to EPCOT very easy, and that was nice. The boat ride to DHS was nice as well, however we love the Monorail and the Magic Kingdom is our favorite by far and is a park that we visit the most.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #68
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsandra

Samoa seems like a good location but I was worried about noise from the volcano pool. I did not realize that the back side faced the quiet pool. I requested Fiji marina side third floor or Tokelau 2nd or 3rd floor but now I just read on tikiman that those location don't have king beds. Since we are only 2 guests, I am scared they will stick me in another longhouse with kings. However i just checked and Samoa has king beds. I should maybe change my request to this longhouse instead.
According to Tikimans FB page, there will be some king bed rooms on the 1st and 3rd floors of Fiji.
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #69
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonears
We've never stayed at the Wilderness lodge, though everytime we visit, our hearts tell us the next time we come back, we want to stay there. Our heads take over though, and most of the time we end up back at the Poly. We've stayed at the Beach Club only once, and as a comparison room to room, there is no. The Poly's rooms are larger and nicer. The Beach Club's ceilings are lower as well. The Poly is just a nicer, more relaxing facility all around. We tried the Beach Club primarily because of the pool for our daughter. We've stayed at the Poly 4 times and there was no doubt to us that the Bus waits there seem to be much shorter as compared to the Beach Club. We did however stay near the quiet pool at the Beach Club, which made the walk to EPCOT very easy, and that was nice. The boat ride to DHS was nice as well, however we love the Monorail and the Magic Kingdom is our favorite by far and is a park that we visit the most.
That's good to know about BC. I had thought strongly about staying there this year, just because we have stayed at Poly 3 yrs in a row and I wanted to try a new resort, plus we spend more time in Epcot. In the end, Poly won over. My DH only wanted to stay at the Poly and I love the idea on being on the monorail line. Plus, this will probably be our last time going back before the DVC construction begins.
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #70
starman314
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I was going to vote for the Polynesian, but it looks like you already made up your mind. Great choice! You only live once, so you might as well go with your heart.
starman314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #71
Grumpymom73
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpymom73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 544

We stayed at Poly last year and loved it. Just returned from the YC and we were not really impressed at all. I think you made the right choice. The Poly is very romantic.
__________________
Grumpymom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #72
bwifan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 116

Listen to your heart, poly all the way, especially without kids.
bwifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #73
Maleficent Dragon
šoš A wondrous future lies before you! šoš
 
Maleficent Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
You won't regret it, the Poly is amazing .



I would have chosen the Poly over the BC as well.
__________________




Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #74
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInLINY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,014

I have stayed at both and prefer the BC over the Poly.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #75
Happyclarabelle
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 14

I personally love the BC and find the atmosphere very romantic and relaxing. The biggest perk for me is being able to stroll over to the Boardwalk and Epcot (my favorite park)... You'll have to report back after your stay at the Poly. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!
Happyclarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.