Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
luvmylittleboy2003
DIS Veteran
 
luvmylittleboy2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: To far from the mouse!!
Posts: 1,953

If you were dating (1 year) living together (5 months)...

And have made it clear that one day (not tomorrow) you would like to get married, would you find it odd that the guy NEVER mentions it, unless someone brings it up...then says 'I have a plan' this coming from someone that can't plan out 30 secs from now!! It just strikes me a little odd! I've made it very clear I don't want to waste my time if he isn't ever interested in being married again!! Thoughts??

If it helps we are in our early 40s and a blended family, we all get along great!!
__________________
Dm: Ds: :
Off site April 1993 Off site March 1998 FW Cabins Nov. 2007 CBR Pref. location - Oct. 2008 CSR Waterview April 2010
luvmylittleboy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't
 
goofyintoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 9,100

So even thou you love him, if he told you he doesnt want to get married until much later in life, if at all...you would leave him? Whats the rush to get that ring on your finger?

If you love him, how can you say being with him is a waste of your time? What if he isnt ready yet? Most men, but not all, tend to gravitate towards marriage at much slower pace than women. If he made it clear that he would like to get married as well, I'm sure he will propose when he is ready. I wouldn't rush him or give him ultimatums.
__________________
I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!



........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........







AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran
 
Scrappy_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorful Colorado!
Posts: 4,730

I think I'd have a "heart-to-heart" talk with him and see what his plans are. Just because he doesn't mention it, doesn't mean he doesn't think about it. If my DH didn't know how important it was to me, we'd probably still be dating, as he was happy just the way things were. He's happy the way things are now too....he just needed a nudge.
__________________

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
 
kimblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylittleboy2003 View Post
And have made it clear that one day (not tomorrow) you would like to get married, would you find it odd that the guy NEVER mentions it, unless someone brings it up...then says 'I have a plan' this coming from someone that can't plan out 30 secs from now!! It just strikes me a little odd! I've made it very clear I don't want to waste my time if he isn't ever interested in being married again!! Thoughts??

If it helps we are in our early 40s and a blended family, we all get along great!!


The rule,guys...

Sorry, I have nothing to add. I thought I did but changed my mind LOL
__________________
GO JETS GO
kimblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!
 
JessicaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 15,825

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylittleboy2003 View Post
And have made it clear that one day (not tomorrow) you would like to get married, would you find it odd that the guy NEVER mentions it, unless someone brings it up...then says 'I have a plan' this coming from someone that can't plan out 30 secs from now!! It just strikes me a little odd! I've made it very clear I don't want to waste my time if he isn't ever interested in being married again!! Thoughts??

If it helps we are in our early 40s and a blended family, we all get along great!!
This speaks volumes. You already know the answer. If marrying this guy is really important to you tell him how you feel so you can know where you stand.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
DawnM
Dawn
 
DawnM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 12,778

If you dated him for a whole year didn't you know his intentions before moving in with him?
__________________
Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
luvmylittleboy2003
DIS Veteran
 
luvmylittleboy2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: To far from the mouse!!
Posts: 1,953

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnM View Post
If you dated him for a whole year didn't you know his intentions before moving in with him?
I moved in @ 6 months, we've been dating a year total. He said he wasn't saying he didn't want to get married again, but that he would know, at the time, if it was right!!
__________________
Dm: Ds: :
Off site April 1993 Off site March 1998 FW Cabins Nov. 2007 CBR Pref. location - Oct. 2008 CSR Waterview April 2010
luvmylittleboy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
luvmylittleboy2003
DIS Veteran
 
luvmylittleboy2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: To far from the mouse!!
Posts: 1,953

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
This speaks volumes. You already know the answer. If marrying this guy is really important to you tell him how you feel so you can know where you stand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I think I'd have a "heart-to-heart" talk with him and see what his plans are. Just because he doesn't mention it, doesn't mean he doesn't think about it. If my DH didn't know how important it was to me, we'd probably still be dating, as he was happy just the way things were. He's happy the way things are now too....he just needed a nudge.
Thanks, both are very good points!!!
__________________
Dm: Ds: :
Off site April 1993 Off site March 1998 FW Cabins Nov. 2007 CBR Pref. location - Oct. 2008 CSR Waterview April 2010
luvmylittleboy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #9
Pigeon
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,297

I would think that he's not nearly as keen on getting married as you are,
Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #10
luvmylittleboy2003
DIS Veteran
 
luvmylittleboy2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: To far from the mouse!!
Posts: 1,953

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
So even thou you love him, if he told you he doesnt want to get married until much later in life, if at all...you would leave him? Whats the rush to get that ring on your finger?

If you love him, how can you say being with him is a waste of your time? What if he isnt ready yet? Most men, but not all, tend to gravitate towards marriage at much slower pace than women. If he made it clear that he would like to get married as well, I'm sure he will propose when he is ready. I wouldn't rush him or give him ultimatums.
It's just a personel choice for myself and my son, that's why I asked him from the beginning. I would have never kept dating him if he had answered NO! I'm not in a hurry, but also don't want to invest several years into a relationship if we aren't on the same page.
__________________
Dm: Ds: :
Off site April 1993 Off site March 1998 FW Cabins Nov. 2007 CBR Pref. location - Oct. 2008 CSR Waterview April 2010
luvmylittleboy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #11
luvmylittleboy2003
DIS Veteran
 
luvmylittleboy2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: To far from the mouse!!
Posts: 1,953

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
I would think that he's not nearly as keen on getting married as you are,
That's my gut feeling as well!!! My friends have all pretty much said the same. Just nice to have other viewpoints
__________________
Dm: Ds: :
Off site April 1993 Off site March 1998 FW Cabins Nov. 2007 CBR Pref. location - Oct. 2008 CSR Waterview April 2010
luvmylittleboy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!
 
lovemygoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: nothing, nothing, nothing....oooh tumbleweed!
Posts: 9,206

He told you he wasn't sure he was interested in marriage. You moved in; he got his way. Sounds like you should be having this conversation with him instead of people who can't give you the correct answer.
__________________
Tina
Proud Army Wife


Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #13
Robinrs
DIS Veteran
 
Robinrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA originally from Bklyn, New York
Posts: 41,553

As a person who avoided marriage like the PLAGUE for a lifetime, don't expect him to volunteer it. He's fine with the way things are. If you want it you're going to have to take the lead, it's the only way. If he doesn't follow then you'll get the clue. Maybe it's okay just the way it is.
__________________

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #14
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't
 
goofyintoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 9,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylittleboy2003

It's just a personel choice for myself and my son, that's why I asked him from the beginning. I would have never kept dating him if he had answered NO! I'm not in a hurry, but also don't want to invest several years into a relationship if we aren't on the same page.
Fair enough. But you've only been living together for 5 months. (Total together: 1 yr 5 months). I'd give it time. The worst thing you can do is pressure a guy when he isn't ready.
__________________
I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!



........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........







AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #15
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!
 
lovemygoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: nothing, nothing, nothing....oooh tumbleweed!
Posts: 9,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Fair enough. But you've only been living together for 5 months. (Total together: 1 yr 5 months). I'd give it time. The worst thing you can do is pressure a guy when he isn't ready.
I think the relationship is total 1 year. She moved in at 6 months and they have been living together another 5 months is the way I understood. (Im probably wrong though)
__________________
Tina
Proud Army Wife


Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.