Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at WL (non club) and LOVED IT, CBR (did not love it), BWI CL (liked it okay) and AKL (non club) and the *only* reason we are staying CL again at AKL this year are because you can do the Sunrise Safari. Oh, and because it was already $$$$$ to book AKL anyway because they weren't included in the summer promo, upgrading from Arusha Savanna view to CL was hardly anything. We knew the kids would love it (they loved the lounge so much at BWI, and we are keeping the CL part of the trip a surprise--they think we'll never do CL again). But if it weren't for the Sunrise Safari, really, we would just do regular old AKL and be fine with it.

But, I think we've had different experiences than you, as in we did not fall in love with CL and don't feel the need to stay that way every time (we are also staying at POP this next trip). I honestly think some of it may have been WL. I am not kidding...that resort is magical and I don't know a single person who has stayed there and not loved it. Do you think it was the CL that you loved so much? Or was it WL? (I don't know that there's a right answer...just asking!)

For our next next trip (DH is ready to throttle me) we will almost definitely be at the Poly. (I am hoping we love POP so we can do another split.) The Poly is the only other deluxe that we both really want to try. But unless our AKL CL experience is totally different from our BWI CL one, I can't see us shelling out the money for it again.

Just some thoughts!

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
mirage0306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: