Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #16
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Have any of you gone from CL to a regular deluxe and been equally or even more happy??? Or did you miss CL?

And feel free to chime in on your favorite CL's and why, or even why you feel that CL is a waste of money....
We don't stay anything but deluxe, but we don't always stay CL. CL is nice, but it's not a necessity for us and we have just as good of a time without it as we do with it. As long as I get my deluxe resort (wouldn't go if I couldn't stay deluxe ), I'm happy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLgal View Post
I understand your hesitation, but you will still have a great time at a Deluxe without CL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
We prefer to hang at the pool when we're at the resort... We make picnic lunches, adult beverages in our cooler... Resort room is for sleeping....
That's what is so great about Disney......there are so many choices to choose from. Getting food upon arrival and making lunches is not a vacation to me.....I want to relax and be pampered when I go away....but for others it works, which is great .

Quote:
But, I am sure we would have just as much fun not having it,
Yes, you would .

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
You're not spending THAT MUCH time at the resort to take advantage of all that stuff. If you are, you're wasting your vacation.
We spend more time at the resort than at the parks and that works great for us. Some people see the room as just a place to sleep, but we don't see it that way and we have never felt that we were "wasting" our vacation by spending more time at the resort, whether we were sitting by the pool or enjoying some time in the lounge.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #17
TXPyroMom
Mouseketeer

I haven't ever stayed club level, so I can't comment on that, but have you thought about upgrading your view?

With the ages of your children, I bet they would love to wake up every morning to the castle and fall asleep every night with it changing colors.

We stay at the Contemporary in an MK view room and love it. Watching Wishes in your Pjs without 10,000 of your closest friends standing next to you is great While my family adores the Contemporary, I get that it's decor isn't for everyone, but you can still stay at the Poly or Grand and pay for an MK view.

Good luck with your decision!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #18
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPyroMom View Post
I haven't ever stayed club level, so I can't comment on that, but have you thought about upgrading your view?

With the ages of your children, I bet they would love to wake up every morning to the castle and fall asleep every night with it changing colors.

We stay at the Contemporary in an MK view room and love it. Watching Wishes in your Pjs without 10,000 of your closest friends standing next to you is great While my family adores the Contemporary, I get that it's decor isn't for everyone, but you can still stay at the Poly or Grand and pay for an MK view.

When we stayed WL CL, we had an awesome view of the castle and also Wishes. It was amazing....

I am considering CR TPV, instead of CL. I think that would be pretty awesome!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #19
Dis703
DIS Veteran

No real advice, but I can totally sympathize with your dilemma. Prior to kids we only stayed offsite. Then we went once with ODS and did POFQ and was kind of meh about it really. Then this year I was in desperate need of a fabulous vacation so we splurged big time and made the jump to CL at BC. I NEVER thought I would stay deluxe much less CL but with a 35% discount we felt it was worth it for a once in a lifetime type of vacation.

We are looking to return one more time before my twins turn 3 and we bought APs for that purpose. In reality our budget allows for a mod but not a deluxe so we are going from a CL experience with a fabulous location to a mod without either and I'm afraid its going to be very disappointing. Although whatever we do I plan to go in with the attitude of just enjoying every minute because I'll still be at my favorite vacation spot!

We did use the CL lounge A LOT on our recent trip. It helped that our room was literally 15 feet from the lounge so we popped in on our way in and out all day. And we went back for naptimes so we were often there during snack or app time as well as back to get the kids to bed most nights while desserts were out. I could see if you didn't have the convenience of a close room or if you plan to be at the parks from open to close how it might not be as worthwhile.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
Willows909
Mouseketeer

I love this thread, thanks for starting it! We are staying Deluxe and CL for the first time and I am so excited! We are not going to the parks and plan on taking full advantage of CL....Lots of relaxing, taking in AKL pools and the CL lounge experience! We may or may not do it again...cost wise it is a splurge, but it's just hubby and I and we decided to go all in!!
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #21
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
No real advice, but I can totally sympathize with your dilemma. Prior to kids we only stayed offsite. Then we went once with ODS and did POFQ and was kind of meh about it really. Then this year I was in desperate need of a fabulous vacation so we splurged big time and made the jump to CL at BC. I NEVER thought I would stay deluxe much less CL but with a 35% discount we felt it was worth it for a once in a lifetime type of vacation.

We are looking to return one more time before my twins turn 3 and we bought APs for that purpose. In reality our budget allows for a mod but not a deluxe so we are going from a CL experience with a fabulous location to a mod without either and I'm afraid its going to be very disappointing. Although whatever we do I plan to go in with the attitude of just enjoying every minute because I'll still be at my favorite vacation spot!

We did use the CL lounge A LOT on our recent trip. It helped that our room was literally 15 feet from the lounge so we popped in on our way in and out all day. And we went back for naptimes so we were often there during snack or app time as well as back to get the kids to bed most nights while desserts were out. I could see if you didn't have the convenience of a close room or if you plan to be at the parks from open to close how it might not be as worthwhile.

We were super close to the lounge at YC and used it a lot more than the one at WL. But that is because when we stayed at WL, we also had the DDP, so just not enough time for the lounge.

I am leaning towards just doing a deluxe with no CL. I know in my head, it makes sense....it just makes my heart sad...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 06-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #22
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
I love this thread, thanks for starting it! We are staying Deluxe and CL for the first time and I am so excited! We are not going to the parks and plan on taking full advantage of CL....Lots of relaxing, taking in AKL pools and the CL lounge experience! We may or may not do it again...cost wise it is a splurge, but it's just hubby and I and we decided to go all in!!
You will love it!!! I hope you don't become too addicted.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 06-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #23
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Mousemommy1....Thank you! Disney is so addictive in itself whether you are at value or CL! I'm sure I'll be back at value (Pop is my favorite one) soon enough!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #24
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Mousemommy1....Thank you! Disney is so addictive in itself whether you are at value or CL! I'm sure I'll be back at value (Pop is my favorite one) soon enough!
Well, as you know...I am staying at POP this September after two CL stays, I love POP!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 06-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #25
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

I have no advice for you on this one as we've only stayed moderate and deluxe - non CL. However, I just wanted to say thank you for giving me a reason to NOT try CL anywhere ! I've always been afraid that if we went CL, we'd not want to go NON-CL ever again! I think we'll just stick with booking our "regular" Deluxes and occasional mods!
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #26
Kim1964
Was intimidated by her bug, but don't worry she's conquered it!

Our first CL stay was a surprise, free upgrade at YC. We really enjoyed it. The next trip we didn't stay CL, and I missed it. Since then, if we are at YC, we stay CL. So far, that is the only CL at which we have stayed.

I think I'd be OK staying at a different deluxe without CL, but not one I've known and enjoyed.
Kim1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #27
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

My question to you OP is why aren't you a DVC'er

We have never stayed CL, just never really wanted to or saw the need for it.

We usually combine our DVC stays with other resorts and personally I would much rather have the CR MK view than the CL. BTW, that view blows away the one from the WL

If your family are big breakfast eaters, then use this opportunity to go to some character breakfasts or eat at a different CS restaurants every morning. Or how about breakfast at the parks? As for snacks, you can get loads of them at DtD or at your resorts store and make your own little lounge in your room!
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #28
DISzy
Mouseketeer

Do you know what would be cool and add value to CL? Club lounges in the parks for CL guests. Your gold KTTW card would give you entrance to a lounge with cold drinks and light snacks in each park Am I right?!
DISzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #29
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Mousemommy1
Old 06-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #30
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were super close to the lounge at YC and used it a lot more than the one at WL. But that is because when we stayed at WL, we also had the DDP, so just not enough time for the lounge.

I am leaning towards just doing a deluxe with no CL. I know in my head, it makes sense....it just makes my heart sad...
Candace, I know what you mean! I've never not had club level.....and truly have become dependent on it, I just love it! I think I know you, and I think you might really miss club level. I know your family fell in love with the whole WL CL experience -- why mess with a good thing??? why not go back to what you know and love?? I too, am having a hard time deciding -- Oct / Nov 2014, or Jan/Feb 2015 (most likely the month I choose as it's cheaper than Oct/Nov) -- but I am trying to decide between Kidani 1 BDRM and NO club level!! (BOOOO) and BWI Deluxe room, with Club level. with 2 teens, I am thinking club level will be the definite way to go/ plus location of BWI - can't be beat! for some reason, I'd feel better with the teens going off on their own at BWI than bussing it everywhere at KIDANI/AKL . It's tough to give up Club Level when you've come to love it!!!
I personaly don't think I could.
I'd say stay with what you love and do Club Level. or try POLY CL, you can get some good prices there, and I think you'd like it.
I understand the whole dilema though -- once bitten by the club level bug, it's hard to resist!!!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: