Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
travelitis
DIS Veteran

ASMu Suites beds

Just wondering about the comfort level of the beds in the family suites. The pull outs at OKW were very good, and my cousin who had back surgery was comfortable on one. I'm wondering if the beds in ASMu will be OK or if I should book off site to get my teens regular beds. Oh, and my 3 kids will not share beds. One has a disability and needs his own bed. I'm comparing a rental home and Bonnet Creek which is much nicer than ASMu and on site. I do like Disney theme and buses so teens can go on their own of they want, though.

5 Mickey bars ~ $25.00 Picture of kids with an X-Wing ~ $35 losing count of Disney trips ~ Priceless!
travelitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #2
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Sorry, never stayed in ASMu suites, but the ASMu regular room beds seem just as comfortable as the beds anywhere in Disney (at least to me).

I agree that the Disney buses are very convenient if you want to split up and go different ways occasionally.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
jjjbennett
Mouseketeer

just returned today from ASMU family suites.....I slept on a pull out (the couch) for 2 nights and then switched to the Queen in the other room for the rest of the week. My impression of the pull out was it was passable. I've slept in worse. I'm almost 50 and I was not sore or stiff in the morning but it certainly did not have the comfort level of a real bed while I was lying in it. Our child under 12 slept on the pull out chair/ ottomans and I heard no complaints from them. Our 21 year old slept for several days on the pullout coach and complained once that he wished he had a real bed but did not make a big issue of it.
jjjbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
disd55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
Sorry, never stayed in ASMu suites, but the ASMu regular room beds seem just as comfortable as the beds anywhere in Disney (at least to me).

I agree that the Disney buses are very convenient if you want to split up and go different ways occasionally.
ASMu actually has double beds. So, I don't know if that means they aren't as comfortable as other resorts, but every resort feels different and the moderates we stayed at were definitely not as good as the Deluxe's beds.

I say do Bonnet Creek. It's very nice and has buses to the parks, I believe. I'm not sure if ASMu suites have double or single beds, but all Values have double beds, which can be very uncomfortable for some single people in the bed, let alone 2 people.
disd55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

We just got back last night from our stay at ASMU Family Suite.

The Queen bed in the bedroom was too hard for me. My husband thought it was perfect. We also wished it was a king bed because we barely fit on it. (My husband is a big guy).

The sofa bed was awful. It was so hard my DD gave up on it and just pulled off the blankets and slept on the couch without pulling out the bed. It was a double bed.

The chair bed was nice. I couldn't believe how much better that was than the sofa bed.

The ottoman bed was too small. I tried to sleep on it one night when my husbands snoring was horrible but I just couldn't. I'm 5'6" and part of my feet and legs hung off of it. It was also very hard - reminded me of trying to sleep on a floor with a thin mat on top.

We need the extra space and prefer to stay onsite but I won't stay in one of these rooms again.
I think we'll try either a Family Suite at Art of Animation or get 2 rooms at a moderate resort if my son comes with us when we do another family trip in 3 years.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

One trip I shared the couch fold out with one of my nieces, and it was just fine to me. But beds can vary a lot at the same resort. Some are hard and some are soft. I wouldn't doubt the fold outs are the same. Some get more use so they are a bit softer than others.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
DWillowBay
DIS Veteran

We did the Suites at ASMu 2 years ago. My adult son was perfectly comfortable on the pull out furniture (tried the sofa and the chair). We got no complaints the whole week we were there.

ASMo -1999, POP -2006, DLR - 2007, ASMo -2008, ASMu -2009, BCV - 2010, CSR - 2011, POFQ - 2012, BC - 2012, WL / CR - 2013 POR - 2014, POP! - 2014 POFQ - 2014 SO Blessed !
DWillowBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

We have stayed in a family suite at ASMu twice with 2 adults in the bedroom and 3 teens in the living room.

Nobody complained about the pull outs but I will say the Queen bed in the bedroom was hard as a rock. My bed at home is a pillow top and very soft and the bed at the resort was just too firm. I woke up every day with neck and back pain and I never have neck or back pain.

My DSS14 slept on the sofa pull out, my DD13 slept on the chair pull out (and she is 5 foot 9) and she fit just fine, and DS12 slept on the ottoman pull out and he is 5 foot 3 and he fit just fine.

I stayed on property so the kids could enjoy the resort and the activities at the resort and pool. But I have nothing good to say about the main bed in the suite.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

I've stayed in the ASMu FS twice - 2010 & 2012

I found the pull out sofa very uncomfortable. Like someone else said, I ended up just sleeping on the sofa without pulling it out. (Of course, I was getting up in the middle of the night due to a cranky infant so maybe I was just too tired to pull out he sofa bed at that time.)

Queen size bed in the bed room fine.

I never slept on eith the chair or ottoman pull out.

How old are your teens? I find kids to be much more forgiving to an uncomfortable matresses and can sleep anywhere.
How big are your teens? The FS could be a tight fit if they are practically adults.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: