Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2009, 11:52 PM   #121
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyadore View Post
Wow really people how nasty can you get?
I myself had a real nice conversation with the Teddy Bear lady in the GF.
She is not nuts, a lunatic ,strange or frightening.She only comes to listen to the piano for sweet memories as her husband died last year.
She sits quite in a chair and bothers nobody in opposite to the parents that let there children scream, run amok, throw food over the floor or jump up and down the chairs in the lounge of the GF.
Last year her sister came over to this board to tell us about Lynn. She is no freak.
The real sad thing is that she knows she is the laughing stock on this board ,she told us herself, so please mods close this threat.
From what I've seen most people here are simply curious, that's pretty natural. If the mods had a problem with this thread they would have closed it long ago. Nobody means any harm here.
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:15 AM   #122
Disneyadore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom View Post
From what I've seen most people here are simply curious, that's pretty natural. If the mods had a problem with this thread they would have closed it long ago. Nobody means any harm here.
This is not about being curious its poking around in somebodies life.Curious is asking for pictures of characters not people that have a towel baby or just are sitting in the lobby.

Who knows maybe in the future you or me could get in a situation like this and would you or your family be thrilled to see you on the WWW as some freak?
Keeping these threads open and alive only means more hassle and harassment for these people.
Disneyadore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #123
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
This is not about being curious its poking around in somebodies life.Curious is asking for pictures of characters not people that have a towel baby or just are sitting in the lobby.

Who knows maybe in the future you or me could get in a situation like this and would you or your family be thrilled to see you on the WWW as some freak?
Keeping these threads open and alive only means more hassle and harassment for these people.
I don't think anyone here called them a freak, most just have a fascination. I, for one, am glad there are people like Mrs. Lynn and the Towel Baby couple in WDW. They add a character or should I say certain mistique. They may not ask to be well known, but if you are an occuring presence it's bound to happen. It's not a negative thing, it's just a "just is" circumstance.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:03 AM   #124
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:

Nobody is going through their trash or checking to see if they've paid their taxes. You can't help but be curious when you see a person who is carrying a towel that they treat like a real live baby. It's bound to bring about some curiousity. The Grand Floridian is a very public place, whether this thread exists or not, this behavior is going to get noticed and people are going to ask questions.

I think knowing who they are and what their backstory is actually makes it less likely they will be approached or harassed. Without knowing, one might even think they were cast members and part of the "show." This thread is probably helpful in that respect. Ever think of that?
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:05 AM   #125
Disneyadore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom View Post
Nobody is going through their trash or checking to see if they've paid their taxes. You can't help but be curious when you see a person who is carrying a towel that they treat like a real live baby. It's bound to bring about some curiousity. The Grand Floridian is a very public place, whether this thread exists or not, this behavior is going to get noticed and people are going to ask questions.

I think knowing who they are and what their backstory is actually makes it less likely they will be approached or harassed. Without knowing, one might even think they were cast members and part of the "show." This thread is probably helpful in that respect. Ever think of that?
This threat only has 30,544 views and I,m even not talking about the threats the mods poofed about this subject.

30,544 people that know of these people nose around ,ask for pictures etc.
If this was not posted on a public board maybe a few people would notice them and that was it.
How sad must you be to ask for pictures of a "towel baby" that is probably the substitute for a real baby.
Maybe a substitute for a child that died who knows. But instead of leaving these people live there lives we try to get as much information as we can get and photos from there grief.
We all are just one step away from a car accident, lost of a loved one or illness that could change our lives also into grief and pain and maybe behavior that does not stroke with others.
And boy would we all love to be on a public board then were complete strangers from all over the world were giving comments on our behavior.
Disneyadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:33 AM   #126
WDW Enabler
Founding Father of the HARDHAT BRIGADE

I agree with Bayou on this one. I have met a few of the people mentioned in this thread. It is a healthy curiousity for people to want to know. I like many others would love to know more but would shy away from asking them directly for fear of insulting them or causing a scene if they take my curiousity as an insult. I am a person who goes out of my way to make other guests more fun and memorable. I am in numerous other families photo albums, and scrap books. Sometimes in Naval uniform, Halloween costumes, Theme days at the World (Pirate and princess party) the obnoxious green hard hat with mickey ears, or the trips with several grown men drinking around the world. I know i digress but it is natural to wonder, and more socially acceptable to do it in the anaminity of the internet vice to their face. If I run into Teddy Bear lady I will most likely go and talk to her, not to take her picture, but to talk. Many older people have wonderfull stories to tell, and it seems as though she is there (thanks to the thread) because this is something that her and her departed husband enjoyed together. A little piece of what used to be. I am sure before his death people did not stay as far away from her as possible and treat her like a lepper. As far as "towel baby" family is concerned, I would be afraid of offending then to talk to them.

Proud father of 1 Disney FANATIC, and husband to an even bigger Disney FANATIC.
Proud Disney "Verteran of the day" three times, and owner of the flag flown over the Magic Kingdom on March 27th 2008.

Founding father of the "Hardhat Brigade", a growing group of enternal fun loving Disney fanatics who ...... wait the surprise is coming....... Wear lime-green hardhats with Mickey ears....

Applications now being accepted. Apply within
WDW Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #127
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

[QUOTE=luvthemouse71;33999332]

There was a lady in my city who did something similar..she had MR and she also had a little dog that she doted on. My dad was a fireman and his station was in her neighboorhood. He had told me that she had gone into the store and left the dog outside. Someone killed the dog while she was in there.[QUOTE]

I really hate people sometimes. That's just disgusting. Actually, it's beyond words.
...hurry back......hurry back......be sure to bring your death certificate.
W.E.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:13 AM   #128
WDW Enabler
Founding Father of the HARDHAT BRIGADE

I believe the "Posse" part was added by the Orlando Sentinel. As far as terrence, he was in the first movie and is sort of tinks love intrest before Peter, or at least that is what my DD told me.

Michael

Proud father of 1 Disney FANATIC, and husband to an even bigger Disney FANATIC.
Proud Disney "Verteran of the day" three times, and owner of the flag flown over the Magic Kingdom on March 27th 2008.

Founding father of the "Hardhat Brigade", a growing group of enternal fun loving Disney fanatics who ...... wait the surprise is coming....... Wear lime-green hardhats with Mickey ears....

Applications now being accepted. Apply within
WDW Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #129
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.

I stumbled on this thread and wanted to see pics of the tattoo guy. Website link posted on page 1 did not work. This is came up and is recent news. He's getting his tattoos removed.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...rre&id=7800207
Old 11-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #130
CaptainHypersock
Rain Captain

I guess the nice way of putting it is: There are ALL kinds of people in this world...

CaptainHypersock out.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #131
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

It would be interesting to see "after" pictures without all his tattoos.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #132
MyHappiestPlace
Mouseketeer

Location: Hop, skip and jump from The Happiest Place on Earth

I know this is a very old thread (well at least a yr old LOL) but the lady w/ the bears is still at the Grand. I saw her just before thanksgiving. I have noticed her before and wondered who she was. She just seems like she's listening to the music so i thought she might be related to the piano player and came along to hear him play.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #133
southie_chick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow really people how nasty can you get?
I myself had a real nice conversation with the Teddy Bear lady in the GF.
She is not nuts, a lunatic ,strange or frightening.She only comes to listen to the piano for sweet memories as her husband died last year.
She sits quite in a chair and bothers nobody in opposite to the parents that let there children scream, run amok, throw food over the floor or jump up and down the chairs in the lounge of the GF.
Last year her sister came over to this board to tell us about Lynn. She is no freak.
The real sad thing is that she knows she is the laughing stock on this board ,she told us herself, so please mods close this threat.
I hope Lynn/"The Teddy Bear Lady's" sister sees this note. I DON'T see her as a laughing stock - nor do I think most people on this board either. We were just curious - when you see something "out of the ordinary", you ask. There seems to be much good wishes & prayers being sent to Lynn - especially during the holiday season.
We all have our way of remembering the ones we lost who shared our love of Disney - this is just her way. Me ........ I try to eat a Mickey ice cream bar in the parks & try not to cry - it's what my mom loved the best on her 1 trip to MK. She raved about being in the sun, watching the people, & being able to enjoy her ice cream all at the same time. She thought it was the coolest thing that the ice cream was shaped like Mickey! Wish she got more trips but at least she had the one..... & it brought her so much happiness.
Wish I had seen this post earlier - I would have liked to have dropped her off another bear for her collection & wish her a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year when I was down there in November. Hope I have that honor next year.
southie_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #134
caseybruna
Mouseketeer

/
DLP Feb 2008

Last edited by caseybruna; 01-03-2011 at 07:17 AM.
caseybruna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #135
landers
Earning My Ears

Ive Seen and Met Towel Baby

I actually registered on here only to post my experience with Towel Baby... My names Jack, I was a character for 13 yrs at parks, I am very familiar with the towel baby. I worked mainly in crystal palace as eeyore and tigger. We got all sorts of celebrities and families of all sorts. Theres a couple who stay at Grand Floridian for usually an entire month of summer that have this towel with sunglasses and a mickey ears hat with "Jenn Jenn' on it. We are trained to treat everyone with 'magic' and respect,so odd as it is, we would hear Towel Baby was at say, at table 5 and get there to see a dark haired man with scruffy greesey hair full thick beard and his(I assumed wife tho I heard could be his sister) with plate in front of them all AND the towel baby. She ( the lady,brown hair roughly 40,as the guy) very polite, quiet, not wanting much attention would just say "hello eeyore/tigger " shake hands and let you be on your way, I was a greeter also for characters some days and got to interact with the man, very nice to speak with, I didn't have nerve to ask the obvious, but he had strong new york accent and seemed Normal. I worked at 1900 park fare at grand Floridian too and see them frequent there as well. So then couple yrs later(they are regulars like once or twice a year for a month) me and my wife at the time are in MK with our child in line at Snow Whites ride...I see Towel Baby family and record them in line... Somewhere in California where my now exwife lives is that tape of towel baby, I want to ask her to find it and I can youtube it maybe, its vhs tho and rough divorce so may be trashed yrs back, BUT YES THERE A MAN WOMAN AND TOWEL BABY 100% real, cast members know
landers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: