Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #136
ravendas
Earning My Ears

Just cancelled a 7:40am at Ohana for 9/22 and a 1:45pm for Tusker House on 9/24. One of these days, I'm going to get my schedule solidified.

First WDW trip for DH and DD....first trip for me since 1986!
Me DH DD8
ravendas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #137
mtnat
Earning My Ears

There is an 8:30 pm reservation for 4 at 'Ohana on the website. . The date is 9/21/13.
mtnat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #138
Barbara C
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnat View Post
There is an 8:30 pm reservation for 4 at 'Ohana on the website. . The date is 9/21/13.
Thank you! I was able to grab this and it even accepted my reservation for 5 instead of 4.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #139
Cappy81
Mouseketeer

Just cancelled Chef Mickey's September 25th 11:30 am for 3 people.

3/12 Poly, 9/12 AKL, 9/13 WL, 9/14 AKL
Cappy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #140
mtnat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara C View Post
Thank you! I was able to grab this and it even accepted my reservation for 5 instead of 4.
I saw it while I was trying to find one for our family, but the time is just too late I'm glad you were able to get it!
mtnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #141
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

Just cancelled BBB for 8:15am on Sept 29th!
Fivemuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #142
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Bog

OK, I've been searching for BOG during my trip with no luck for a couple of weeks now (I did get an 8:55pm ADR the 2nd day I tried but am still searching for an earlier time). Out of curiosity I've been looking in the morning about an hour to 1.5 hours after WDW dining opens at the date exactly 180 days out and each morning I've looked there have been no ADRs available already by that time.

Today out of curiosity I searched every single date from today through December 15th (180 days out) and there was not one single ADR available (yes I wasted 30 minutes of my life for that).

I just plain cannot believe how hard it is to get a BOG ADR!
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground
jimsanfilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #143
Ckmommy72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsanfilippo View Post
OK, I've been searching for BOG during my trip with no luck for a couple of weeks now (I did get an 8:55pm ADR the 2nd day I tried but am still searching for an earlier time). Out of curiosity I've been looking in the morning about an hour to 1.5 hours after WDW dining opens at the date exactly 180 days out and each morning I've looked there have been no ADRs available already by that time.

Today out of curiosity I searched every single date from today through December 15th (180 days out) and there was not one single ADR available (yes I wasted 30 minutes of my life for that).

Tell me about it!! I search literally 20-30 times a day (or more) every single day. People in my real life think I'm nuts, but DD really wants to eat here, and even more, she REALLY wants to meet the Beast! If I don't get it, it's obviously not the end of the world, but it would make us all really happy.

I even found a 6:00pm reservation on the day after we are going to be at MK, and tried everything I could to fit it in, but wasn't able to. We would have had to add hoppers just for the meal, and I'm not spending that much money just for one meal. So, another DISer benefited.

I will keep trying with the hope i get REALLY lucky! Good luck to you!

DH Michael DS C (13) DD K (9)

March 2006 - Off Site
January 2012 - POR
January 2013 - ASMo
September 2013 - AKL (MNSSHP & F&W)
October 2014 - ASMu (14th anniversary trip)
Ckmommy72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #144
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Quote:

You just have to be REALLY persistent! I went onto the reservation site and clicked Dinner for 2 for every day we were going down there probably 20 times a day before something opened up. I couldn't believe it! I clicked away from it accidentally before realizing what had happened! I hit back and grabbed it RIGHT AWAY! I know it's tedious, but keep trying and it WILL happen!!!

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #145
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Edit to add: Thank you for what I would call painstaking research-I really hope you get your ADR!!

It is very sad that it is this way, it also leads me to wonder how many folks will hold mutltiple ADRs for here until the very last minute they can cancel to prevent their card from being charged.

Disney has done the very best thing that they could do however by offering lunch as a Quick Service option, giving many more families the opportunity to at least experience it. I've decided that I'm going to be happy with the lunch option-it's not so bad when I think about it. I will be eating off of real plates and utensils, they have a not bad menu, desserts are the exact same, and I have the option of seeing/sitting in a room not open for dinner.

BTW to the poster who has a dd that wants to see Beast-he used to be found at Epcot in France, not quite the same I know, but still an option.

2001 ASMo, 2002 POR, 2003-2008 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 CSR, 2012 CSR,2013 CSR
Mom2Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #146
Barbara C
Mouseketeer

I have been searching for an ADR for BOG many, many times a day for almost a month with no luck. I'm searching for an ADR for 5 so I feel like my chances are fairly slim.

I'm quite sure that people hold multiple ADRs (if they are lucky enough to get them) and that there will eventually be cancellations, I just need to be on-line at the right time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this perservence pays off
Old 06-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #147
Ckmommy72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Stitch View Post
BTW to the poster who has a dd that wants to see Beast-he used to be found at Epcot in France, not quite the same I know, but still an option.
Hi! Thanks! He used to be in France, but unfortunately not anymore we actually opted in Jan 12 to just meet Belle and not wait for Beast as we had an ADR to get to, and now I'm kicking myself. DD didn't seem to care that much at that time, now Beast is on top of her list.

DH Michael DS C (13) DD K (9)

March 2006 - Off Site
January 2012 - POR
January 2013 - ASMo
September 2013 - AKL (MNSSHP & F&W)
October 2014 - ASMu (14th anniversary trip)
Ckmommy72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #148
MickeyNicky25
Earning My Ears

Really, diligently looking for a Tusker House Reservation at 8 AM on 9/19/2013.
MickeyNicky25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #149
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Stitch View Post
Edit to add: Thank you for what I would call painstaking research-I really hope you get your ADR!!

It is very sad that it is this way, it also leads me to wonder how many folks will hold mutltiple ADRs for here until the very last minute they can cancel to prevent their card from being charged.

Disney has done the very best thing that they could do however by offering lunch as a Quick Service option, giving many more families the opportunity to at least experience it. I've decided that I'm going to be happy with the lunch option-it's not so bad when I think about it. I will be eating off of real plates and utensils, they have a not bad menu, desserts are the exact same, and I have the option of seeing/sitting in a room not open for dinner.

We were there in December and saw the craziness that is the line trying to get into BOG for lunch. I almost think you have to camp out there as soon as you get in the park to have a chance. I know that was 6 months ago and it was the week it opened to the public, so maybe it's not quite as bad now.

I will continue to look for a better time slot, but if I can't get one I will still be very happy I was able to get one at all, even if it is at 8:55pm.
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground
jimsanfilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #150
LglBlonde
DIS Veteran

Do you think people are using multiple accounts to get multiple reservations? Because I had a situation where I decided to do dinner at A instead of B, but the system knew I had a ressie for B already and would not let me make the ressie for A at teh same time/date/party number.

Jacob's 5th Trip and Jackson's 2nd!: Sept 2-8, 2013 Fort Wilderness Cabin with Free Dining!
Jacob's 4th Trip and Jackson's First!: May 21-28, 2012 5BR House @ Emerald Island
Jacob's 3rd Trip: June 5-12, 2010 5BR House @ Emerald Island
Jacob's 2nd Trip: Feb 23-Mar 1, 2009 Emerald Island
Jacob's 1st Trip: Dec 8-15, 2007 - Two nts at Hilton WDW, then Shrek's Hideout!

Adult Trip w/ DH & my brother & his (now) wife: Aug 29-Sept 4 2005 - CBR
DH's first trip: May 31-June 4 2004 - POFQ
LglBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: