Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #196
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Great pictures of DHS! It's been years since we ate at Prime Time, but it looks like you guys had so much fun with Gary.

And I had to watch Confessions of a Disney Employee after you mentioned it. Thanks for the tip! Confessions Part 2 and Revenge of the Disney Employee were also great. Vista Waaaaaay!
Thanks! We had a blast!

Hahahah that's my favorite part. So funny. You are welcome!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #197
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Sanaa looks delicious! We are eating there in August and I can't wait. I love that they have those sort of "sampler" meals so you can try more than one thing. Your pics of AKL also have me so excited to stay there... in less than two weeks for my solo trip!!

That coconut pineapple cupcake at Seasons looks delicious! I haven't seen that one before and I'd love to try it - I'll have to try and remember to look for it when I'm there. And the dessert sampler for two at GFC looks so good! Can you tell I'm a dessert person? In fact last trip I had that nutella waffle for my lunch... it was so sweet that it was almost like having dessert for lunch, but I enjoyed it!

Congrats on getting the Be Our Guest ressies for December! It's a great meal!

Seems like your server at PrimeTime was perfect for that place! So fun
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #198
lhuggi1
There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Starting At The End of Every Day...

Great Review I loved it !!! I also love that you refer to "Stacey" as much as I do

1999 - Best Western Orange Blossom Trail - WDW, 2001 - Quality Inn - I-Drive - WDW, 2004 - Caribbean Beach
2007 - Coronado Springs
, 2008 - La Quinta I-Drive - WDW
2009 - Coronado Springs, 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Disney's Swan & Dolphin, 2012 - Pop Century
2013 - Pop Century, 2013 - UPCOMING Coronado Springs Free DP

boo'd by valenrandy!
lhuggi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #199
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Sanaa looks delicious! We are eating there in August and I can't wait. I love that they have those sort of "sampler" meals so you can try more than one thing. Your pics of AKL also have me so excited to stay there... in less than two weeks for my solo trip!!

That coconut pineapple cupcake at Seasons looks delicious! I haven't seen that one before and I'd love to try it - I'll have to try and remember to look for it when I'm there. And the dessert sampler for two at GFC looks so good! Can you tell I'm a dessert person? In fact last trip I had that nutella waffle for my lunch... it was so sweet that it was almost like having dessert for lunch, but I enjoyed it!

Congrats on getting the Be Our Guest ressies for December! It's a great meal!

Seems like your server at PrimeTime was perfect for that place! So fun
Sanaa is fantastic! I hope your meal is as great as ours always are! Have a great time at AKL!

It was! Definitely worth a try! Dessert is the best.

Thanks! We had a wonderful time!

Oh he sure was. He was so great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhuggi1 View Post
Great Review I loved it !!! I also love that you refer to "Stacey" as much as I do
Thank you! Stace is the best.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Old 06-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #200
courtneybelle
What foolishness would you like to see?

Hey Kristen, happy belated birthday! After reading you and Jess's trip reports, I decided to officially join the Dis you both have shown me so many cool things I haven't tried in my trips to Disney, and I'm looking forward to trying school bread and red velvet cheesecake cupcakes in August (when maybe I'll run into you? We'll see!)
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #201
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Hey Kristen, happy belated birthday! After reading you and Jess's trip reports, I decided to officially join the Dis you both have shown me so many cool things I haven't tried in my trips to Disney, and I'm looking forward to trying school bread and red velvet cheesecake cupcakes in August (when maybe I'll run into you? We'll see!)
Thank you! Yes those are so delicious! I'll be there for the majority of August, so feel free to say hello if you see me!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 06-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #202
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Ew yuck! Stand clear of that guy on the bus, he was having way too much non Disney fun.
Windsor Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #203
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Princesses View Post
Ew yuck! Stand clear of that guy on the bus, he was having way too much non Disney fun.
Or just one too many Glow-Tinis.

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #204
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 16: There's Nothin' Like Magic Kingdom in the Mornin'

August 21st, 2012

WARNING: This is a non-food update because it was just such a fun morning. I don't think anyone's mad.

We headed to Magic Kingdom this morning! There's nothing like a summer morning at the Magic Kingdom. It's my favorite thing in the world.

We watched the Trolley Show of course! It's my dream to be in this show. It's perfect. I danced for more than 10 years so I have the skill set. HIRE ME DISNEY.

We were feeling Adventureland this morning.

It was looking particularly beautiful and empty on this sunny day.

The Tiki gods welcomed us. Cue the magical tiki sounds.

We went over to the Agrabah Bazaar and were the first people of the day to meet Aladdin and Jasmine!

They were so nice and loved Sarah's and my nails. They're such conversation starters with the characters!

We did Pirates after that and then headed over to Frontierland.

On the way over, we saw Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, the Country Bears, and all the Br'er characters! They were just frumpin' through Frontierland! It was awesome!

Br'er Rabbit posed for me!

What a great day.

This was a monumental morning because Mom FINALLY braved Splash Mountain!

We ended up getting split up because Sarah and I wanted to ride in the front, but the consensus was that she LOVED it! It is now one of her favorite rides!

Here are Sarah and I searching for ye olde Briar Patche.

We met up with Mom and Scott at the exit and Woody and Jessie were out with virtually NO line, so we just had to say hello!

They were so excited and animated, especially Woody. It was a great meet-and-greet!

Afterwards, Scott, Sarah and I barely waited at all for Big Thunder Mountain!

The posted wait time said 30 minutes, but it was actually about 10! Frontierland wasn't crowded at all this morning! It was great.

WOOOOOOO.

I love me some wild wilderness attractions.

We met up with Mom after our close escape from the mine and hopped aboard one of my favorite Disney experiences EVER, the WDW Railroad! It's just so relaxing and scenic, and I love the bell and whistle sounds, and the narrator's voice, and when they say "Alllllllll aboaaard!"

It's just perfect.

I want to be on it now.

We took the train around to Main Street U.S.A. and saw the Dapper Dans, the Mayor, some townspeople, the Fire Chief and the engineer saxophone ensemble all at once! It was awesome!

What a fantastic morning.

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 06-18-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #205
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 17: The Plaza

August 21st, 2012

The reason we headed back to Main Street was actually because we were having lunch at The Plaza at noon!

We were seated in the sunroom by Illena, which was lovely! It was bright and cheerful, and we had a lovely view from our window table.

Sisters, Sisters...

Eeyore photobomb:

For lunch, Sarah had the Plaza Club, which includes smoked ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise layered on sourdough bread.

This came with homemade chips, most of which Mom stole. They were really good! Sarah liked this sandwich a lot but it was a big portion so she couldn't finish it.

Scott had the Chicken Strawberry Salad, with fresh garden greens, grilled chicken breast, cucumbers, fresh strawberries and Gorgonzola cheese tossed in a White Zinfandel vinaigrette.

This salad was huge, light and delicious! Scott really enjoyed it.

Mom had the Grilled Reuben, which is thinly sliced Corned Beef on grilled Marble Rye bread with Sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island dressing.

She really enjoyed this, and ohhhh those Plaza fries. Yummay. I stole a lot of those.

For my meal, I ordered a tossed salad and a cup of Baked Potato soup.

This was delicious and just what I wanted. It really hit the spot.

Overall, we really enjoyed the food and atmosphere at The Plaza. The service was a bit lackluster, but we didn't mind. We're going back for dinner in August. I can't wait!

After lunch, we headed to Tomorrowland where Scott got us Space Mountain Fastpasses for later while Mom, Sarah and I did the Laugh Floor.

After we filled the can (huzzah) we saw PUSH out and about!

He was funny and we watched him for a while. I hadn't seen him in years and Sarah and Mom hadn't at all before, so that was a real treat.

We took a nice leisurely ride on the PeopleMover, and decided to split two cars so we could put our feet up.

After that we used our Space Fastpasses!

Just having an afternoon siesta in Space.

It's okay to sleep there.

Hypersleep.

We met up with Mom and she was craving an ice cream sundae, so off to The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor.

That smell will never get old. It's so amazing I can't even.

Bliss.

She ordered The "Plaza" Ice Cream Sundae, which really hit the spot. So classic. She loved it!

I grabbed me one of my favorite snacks, a Red Velvet Cake Pop from the Confectionary.

YUMMO.

We headed out of the Magic Kingdom and back to Kidani, munching away.

SNIPE ON THE BUS, courtesy of Sarah:

Frump life.

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 06-19-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #206
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 18: The Turf Club

August 21st, 2012

Later on, after the family napped and I took a shower and relaxed, we got on a bus to Animal Kingdom and a few minutes later were on our own, private bus to Saratoga Springs!

We were having dinner at the Turf Club this evening!

Hurricane Isaac was having his prelude moment so it wasn't terribly hot out and there was a nice breeze, so Harold sat us on the outdoor patio.

SNIPE:

Sarah ordered this insanely awesome chocolate milkshake to drink. It was great.

BREAD:

For his meal, Scott ordered the Sustainable Fish with whole grain rice pilaf, spinach, and Cherry tomato Buerre Blanc. He loved this! It was fresh and flavorful.

Sarah ordered the Turf Club Shrimp Scampi with garlic, butter, lemon and parsley. All of her favorite things!

Mom and I ordered the Mint-Crusted Lamb Chops with Honey-Mint glaze and Dijon mustard sauce served with Goat Cheese polenta.

WOW! This was so good! I haven't had a whole lot of lamb in my lifetime but this was excellent! Anything that comes with Goat Cheese something or polenta is already up my alley. This was flavorful and one of my favorite entrees of the trip.

For dessert, Mom and Sarah had the Cheesecake with seasonal accompaniments:

This was yummy but they were both too full to finish.

Scott had the Maple Pot de Creme with Almond Praline. This was really unique and he liked it a lot! He loves both of those flavors.

I had the Chocolate Espresso Torte with raspberry sauce and vanilla port wine ice cream. This was so yummy! The textures were really nice in the torte and it wasn't so rich that I could only have one bite. The port ice cream was delicious! I really enjoyed this.

We had a really nice meal at the Turf Club! It's a little out of the way unless you're at DTD or staying at Saratoga, but we'll get back there someday!

We walked around the lobby and the Artist's Palette after dinner.

I pin traded around a bit and bought a shirt at the Artist's Palette, and then we went outside into the pouring rain and caught the first bus we saw at The Springs stop (DTD) and then got on a bus to AKL, which played the AoA spiel at first (featuring some new guy who is NOT Bus Voice Guy which is very upsetting). We got back to AKL and I relaxed a bit before I went to sleep.

My t-shirt purchases from the day:

The Magic Kingdom one was on sale at the Briar Patch, and I got the SSR one after dinner. I love them both!

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 07-30-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #207
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

OMG, that photo with you and Mr. Cosby! Not only have I seen the dentist standup bit, I actually was fortunate enough to see it in person. He did a concert here and me (and around 10 thousand others but whatever) got to watch him in person. I love that you know that bit. It's a classic.

Such great photos at Prime Time, especially the "Mickey Ears". Gary sounds awesome.

Ahh, I love PUSH. He's one of those characters that needs an explanation with a photo. Otherwise you get the "What's with the trash can picture?".

Great MK morning.

And I think you're off to the West Side soon, so have a safe and wonderful trip and say hello to Brenda if you see her.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #208
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
OMG, that photo with you and Mr. Cosby! Not only have I seen the dentist standup bit, I actually was fortunate enough to see it in person. He did a concert here and me (and around 10 thousand others but whatever) got to watch him in person. I love that you know that bit. It's a classic.

Such great photos at Prime Time, especially the "Mickey Ears". Gary sounds awesome.

That's awesome! He came here a few months ago but I had a school-related commitment so I couldn't go. I love that bit!

Thanks! He was great!

Ahh, I love PUSH. He's one of those characters that needs an explanation with a photo. Otherwise you get the "What's with the trash can picture?".

Great MK morning.

And I think you're off to the West Side soon, so have a safe and wonderful trip and say hello to Brenda if you see her.
Hahaha yes! He's fantastic. I love watching all the little kids run around him and just not know what to think.

It really was!

I am! Thank you very much!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 06-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #209
pattiken
Mouseketeer

I totally have to join this thread. Loving your report great pics

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
pattiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #210
ocalla
DIS Veteran

I'm still laughing soooo hard at the Splash Mountain pic.....the mom and son sitting behind you!!! She's liable to strangle him to death. Hmmmm is she more scared of the ride? or of her son falling out?

Trying The Plaza for the first time in July. I thought it would be a nice way to cool down for lunch before heading back for a Poly swim
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: