Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
linck7421
Earning My Ears

Best resort to stay at in October for 4 adults?

SO... I'm planning another yearly trip to WDW. So far we've stayed at POP, all the Allstars, CB, and Cont. We are wanting to stay at a place we've never stayed before. Suggestions? What is the best resort hands down and why?
linck7421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

For four adults during food and wine, I would say yacht and or beach club. You can not beat walking to Epcot and HS plus all of the night life is right there! Plenty of nicer restaurants within walking distance too. Did I mention Epcot is right there???
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by linck7421 View Post
SO... I'm planning another yearly trip to WDW. So far we've stayed at POP, all the Allstars, CB, and Cont. We are wanting to stay at a place we've never stayed before. Suggestions? What is the best resort hands down and why?
The Poly would be my choice as that's our favorite resort. We love the tropical atmosphere, the large spacious rooms, relaxing in a hammock on the beach, and being on the monorail where it's convenient to the GF and CR for a variety of dining and shopping options. Good luck deciding, although I'm sure you'll have a great trip no matter where you stay .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post
For four adults during food and wine, I would say yacht and or beach club. You can not beat walking to Epcot and HS plus all of the night life is right there! Plenty of nicer restaurants within walking distance too. Did I mention Epcot is right there???
Hands down the Best suggestion, bar none. . IMHO

In fact we're at the Beach Club now, we just got off the Fantasy this past Saturday. Oops forgot to mention the great pool at the Y&BC.....
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
amym2
DIS Veteran

We stayed a couple of nights at Old Key West last October and LOVED it. Olivia's is a great restaurant, and you can take a boat to DTD. It has a very casual Florida vibe, which may or not be what you're looking for, depending on where you are coming from.

Wilderness Lodge is another favorite. Yummy restaurants, great pool, nice ambience in the lobby.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

Are you planning for this year or next? If you are planning to go this October, you might need to check availability. We wanted to grab a room for BC but most of the rooms had already been snatched up. Good luck, and happy planning!

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
Tink0812
Mouseketeer

It depends!

If you are wanting to go deluxe, the Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort. I like the grandiose feel of the place yet it still feels "homey" to me (I am from a rural area and enjoy being outdoors/camping). I also enjoy taking the boat to MK. Which also makes it easy to take monorail to Epcot for Food and Wine festival. From what I hear, the Epcot area/Boardwalk area resorts are quite busy during Food and Wine festival just simply for the fact of convenience of being so close to Epcot. Now, if you are wanting to go moderate, Port Orleans (both FQ and RS) is an excellent choice. I find both sections to be quiet and my family enjoys the easy access to DTD via the Sassagoula boat system. We spend a lot of evenings at DTD (Raglan Road and Paradiso 37 are our favs).
Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by linck7421 View Post
"best" is subjective
for october however, i would definitely agree with an EPCOT resort for the F&WF (a short stroll or boat ride away there, as well as DHS).
YC is beautiful, elegant, and quiet.
BWI/BWV has nighttime performers, jellyrolls (dueling piano bar), etc

the BC/BCV is wonderful, but more geared toward (lots and lots of) little ones, imho.

all have easy access to many dining options, including those in EPCOT. as said though, the likelihood of getting more than a few consecutive nights at any of the above three for this october is not good.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If all four are in one room, you'll pay an extra $50 a night for the extra two adults at the BC/YC/BWI.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: