Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
Pixie Naseweis
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your trip report!

First WDW visit 1991
DLP shareholder since 1993
First DLP visit 1994
First DL visit 1999
First DCL cruise 2011
Pixie Naseweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #17
Pinkytink
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your trip report, we are travelling in August and your tips are really useful

Do you have any more info on the service who will hold your luggage for the day in Barcelona? (We made the mistake of allowing ourselves too much time between disembarking and getting our flight at 4pm. We don't really want to hang around the airport all day with a 2 year old but can't really go sightseeing with all our luggage.)

Me DH DS (14) DS (3) DD

WDW 2002, 2008
DLP 1996, 2004, 2007 x 5, 2008, 2009 x 3, 2010 x 3, 2011, 2012, 2013 x 2
DCL 2008, 2013
Pinkytink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #18
raleighmichelle
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Wine?

I've sailed with Disney before so I know you can bring on wine/alcohol at the beginning of the cruise but you said you would restock at the ports? I guess I've never bought alcohol in ports before to bring on the ship because with Disney I always seem to bring on a ton at the beginning or try too. I know other lines make you basically check it till the end of the cruise if you buy it in port. I'm assuming Disney is different with this or is it more because the ship is in Europe? Just wondering! I'm not sure how much we could get per-cruise, but that is good to know we can just walk on with it at other ports of call.

Great review!

My mom and I are doing the 12-night on the 27th.
raleighmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #19
Love2Cruise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighmichelle View Post
I've sailed with Disney before so I know you can bring on wine/alcohol at the beginning of the cruise but you said you would restock at the ports? I guess I've never bought alcohol in ports before to bring on the ship because with Disney I always seem to bring on a ton at the beginning or try too. I know other lines make you basically check it till the end of the cruise if you buy it in port. I'm assuming Disney is different with this or is it more because the ship is in Europe? Just wondering! I'm not sure how much we could get per-cruise, but that is good to know we can just walk on with it at other ports of call.

Great review!

Yes, you can buy alcohol in the ports and bring it on the ship to enjoy. We have always done this on the Carribean cruises. Looking forward to buying wine from Italy and France! And Sangria in Barcelona. We are also on the June 27 sailing. I will be with my husband and DD (15). See you on the magic
Love2Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #20
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighmichelle View Post

Great review!

We bought on two bottles. We did restock the wine at ports which was fun. No problem bringing it on!

Plus it's FUN to shop for the wines in the local port... Spanish wine in Barcelona, French wine in France, Italian wine in Italy

Since most of us aren't arriving by car etc.. I think it's hard to bring on a "ton" here so that's why we went with the restock method.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: