Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #16
Spokavegas
DVC Member.....always counting down to a Disney destination!

SUCH cool stories! In all cases.....did your family stick together when going thru the terminal...? (i.e. standing in line together at Kid's Club sign-in, etc)
AKL 5/ 05 - Grand Californian 6/06 - Disneyland Hotel 4/07 - Poly Resort 2/08 - Disney Wonder Bahamas 2/08 (joined DVC!) - Saratoga Springs 5/08 - AKL Grand Villa 2/09 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean 1/11 - AKL Kidani Village 1/11 - Grand Californian 2/12 - Disney Wonder Alaska 7/12 - Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary/AKL- OTN Summit and Food & Wine Festival 11/12 - Disney Magic Caribbean 2/13 - DL Grand Californian 11/13 - AULANI 8/14!!

Spokavegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #17
figaroismycat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by melsherard View Post
We were chosen as family of the cruise by the Kids' Clubs crew... we got a note on the first night, then on the last night we had a lot of goodies on our bed... t-shirts, hats, and coloring books Very fun and exciting!! Check out my trip report in my signature line for pics
fun!
figaroismycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2015, 08:09 PM   #18
jadee911
Earning My Ears

Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BealsRwe View Post
We were selected as the Family of the Cruise by the Guest Services Team on our Wonder cruise in August (8/3/10-8/8/10). It is not something we asked for. It was a tough summer for our family, as I lost my Mom to Ovarian cancer 6/25/10. It was such an incredible surprise-such great pixie dust and magic. We received letters in our stateroom each day about the port, things to do. We also got goodies from room service such as cookies, a cheese tray, and petit fors. We were given the Castaway Getaway Package for use at Castaway Cay, and also invited to the concierge reception. We had our own special Family of the Cruise cast member, Zoe. She was wonderful! She also called us each day to check in.

I am not sure how or why we were selected...part of the Disney magic! We are actually sailing on a 7 night western coming up as an escape again. I have been the caregiver for my dad since my mom passed away. He passed away on 11/9/10 from Lymphoma. There is a sense of peace now that they are together again. Losing both parents so close, when they were so young (mom-62, Dad-67) has made 2010 a rough year. May be some extra pixie dust will fly our way on 11/27/10!

I was told that each team of crew onboard can pick a family of the cruise. Not sure how or why, but it was something I will never forget!

We actually found out onboard. We were not the First Family and announced, rather a special note was in our stateroom the 1st night of the cruise.
I just stumbled on the statement "Family of the Day". So after searching to see what it was about I couldn't help be think that it couldn't have been given to someone more deserving. GOOD for you guys! I know it was a few years ago and this is a late reply but like I said I just stumbled on this. I hope that when you go on our next cruise that you will feel the Disney Family & Friends arms around you guys.

Jan 18-22 Dream Bahamas
Jan 10-17 Wonder Puerto Rico
2014 Wonder Alaska
1997 Disney Land
1995 Disney World
1986 Disney Land (Singer)
jadee911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:29 PM   #19
Bella29
Mouseketeer

In 2006 on the Magic we were chosen by the kids club and by Shutters or the Character Team? The kids' club sent our kids very nice gift bags and for the other we were in a parade on Castaway Cay. We rode in a golf cart with Pirate Mickey Mouse (my boys wore their pirate costumes too). That was absolutely incredible!

We have been on 4 other Disney cruises and haven't been selected for anything (which is of course totally fine, it's such a privilege just to be on the ship!!) so I have no idea how we were selected, I assume it's just random. But I will also note that 2006 was the only time we cruised without a set of grandparents in tow. Coincidence I am sure.

It must be really fun for the crew members who get to pick someone and spread a little pixie dust! I think that's my dream after the kids get off to college - move to Cocoa Beach and work in the terminal and get to pick the family of the day.
Bella29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:38 AM   #20
karebear06
DIS Veteran

in regards to the families chosen, are they always families that consist of kids???
karebear06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: