Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #886
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ertrader View Post
What time should we look to catch a bus for a 8:45 reservation at Crystal Palace?
I would be at the bus stop between 7:30 and 7:45.

Quote:
This is before the park opens (not a EMH day), how does this work ?
If I remember correctly, there will a CM standing all the way to the left of the turnstiles with a clipboard. Give them your reservation number for Crystal Palace and they will let you in.

Quote:
From what I can gather, the park is supposed to open at 9:00 but may open earlier? And there is some kind of opening ceremony or something ?
Yes, there is an Opening Ceremony that should start around 8:45 for a 9:00 open. It's pretty cool and we make it a point to see it at least once every trip. Do a search on You Tube for Magic Kingdom Opening Ceremony for an idea of what it is.

Quote:
And on a unrelated note, my wife loves any kind of fruity, frozen beverage. What do you guys recommend from the Banana Cabana?
My personal favorite is the Pina Colava! Yumm!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #887
Gitts2008
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone!

We are surprising my mom (aka Nana) by staying on-site @CBR. We have stayed there before with her. We plan on telling her that we are stopping at CBR to pick up the tropical CBR resort refillable mugs. I know that these do not exists, but she does not. Or having lunch, since we are driving and not sure when we will arrive.

At the guard house is where I am most concerned. Do you all think that if I tell the guard we are going to Port Royal and hand him a lil note that says
"Checking in, but it's a surprise for the nana in the back" that we will be able to continue our surprise?

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #888
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitts2008 View Post
Hi Everyone!

We are surprising my mom (aka Nana) by staying on-site @CBR. We have stayed there before with her. We plan on telling her that we are stopping at CBR to pick up the tropical CBR resort refillable mugs. I know that these do not exists, but she does not. Or having lunch, since we are driving and not sure when we will arrive.

At the guard house is where I am most concerned. Do you all think that if I tell the guard we are going to Port Royal and hand him a lil note that says
"Checking in, but it's a surprise for the nana in the back" that we will be able to continue our surprise?

I would just tell the guard that you want to go to the gift shop. They don't usually have a problem with that. Once you are past the guard make the first left into the parking lot for the check in area.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #889
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

I agree. The easiest way would be to say you are going to the gift shop, or the food court for a meal. They'll let you in with no questions (in my experience) and you won't raise her suspicions by passing him anything or having him read something.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #890
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

You'll have to show an I.D. at the guard station even if you are just visiting the resort. If you want to give the guard a note at check-in, I'd have someone else in the car distract Nana while you hand it them. But, like others have said, you can simply tell the guard that you are going to the gift shop and they won't question you any further.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 06-16-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #891
eeyore29
DIS Veteran Wanna-Be

Location: Mount Wannahockaloogie (a small mountain town near Allentown, PA)

Does anyone have (or could anyone easily make) a map overlay with CBR and any of the value resorts (in proportion)? Or CBR and Poly? Trying to get a better idea of the size. I keep hearing that it's so huge, but then people chime in and says it's not that bad.

We always get a preferred room at the value's. And we got lucky with Raratonga the year we stayed at Poly. So yes, we're spoiled with close rooms, which is good because we visit the food court pretty often. Our friend is going to call tomorrow to see if she can add us to her free dining PIN offer. When she booked a few days ago, she was only able to get Pirate/Water-view at CBR or ASp for her dates. She chose CBR because of ASp's food court being closed. Our trip would extend 2 days past hers, so I don't know if that would change the type of room available. I know we can pay for preferred, and we would do that if that's an option, so then the distances wouldn't really be an issue.

But a map/overlay would be very helpful if anyone has one, or could easily make one.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:00 AM   #892
Gitts2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You'll have to show an I.D. at the guard station even if you are just visiting the resort. If you want to give the guard a note at check-in, I'd have someone else in the car distract Nana while you hand it them. But, like others have said, you can simply tell the guard that you are going to the gift shop and they won't question you any further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I agree. The easiest way would be to say you are going to the gift shop, or the food court for a meal. They'll let you in with no questions (in my experience) and you won't raise her suspicions by passing him anything or having him read something.
Thank you so much I've been busting at the seams to keep this secret. It sounds like it will be easier than I thought to get through the gate.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #893
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much I've been busting at the seams to keep this secret. It sounds like it will be easier than I thought to get through the gate.
No problem!! I totally understand. I have a surprise Christmas trip planned for the kids and it's killing me to keep this one under wraps for months and months!

We often go to other resorts to eat in their foodcourts and they ask us to show the drivers I.D. and we say we're coming for lunch and they let us right in. Never a problem
Old 06-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #894
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Hi All
I just changed our reservation from POFQ to the CRB (11/30-12/5) so I could take advantage of the FD. Iím still fairly new w/planning trips to Disney (itís been many years since my girls were little) but with a grandson now, Iím back to Disney. YAY!

Iím over whelmed by the size of CRB and didnít/donít understand what Preferred Room vs. Water/Pool View. Though I did book a water/pool view cuz I would like a room closest to the best pool for a 3 year old. Iím not sure thatís the main pool or the one w/the shipwreck and double slides (that could be the same pool). Or are there others? I havenít been able to find a lot of pictures.

Any advice on location would be greatly appreciated!

TIA
Old 06-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #895
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Make sure you check out post #1 of this thread. There's a link to the CBR map and it also lists which buildings are preferred.

Water view rooms will have a view of water. That water could be the lake or one of the 6 quiet pools. There are water view rooms all over the resort.

So if you want a guarantee of being close to the main pool and food court I would book preferred.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #896
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Make sure you check out post #1 of this thread. There's a link to the CBR map and it also lists which buildings are preferred.

Water view rooms will have a view of water. That water could be the lake or one of the 6 quiet pools. There are water view rooms all over the resort.

So if you want a guarantee of being close to the main pool and food court I would book preferred.
I've looked at page 1 (and sure I'll check it out a few more time before our trip ), but maybe I'm slow. I'm trying to figure out which buidling area would be best with a 3 year old. We want to be close to a pool for him. The map show pools, but I really haven't had any luck seeing a description of the pools. So I don't know which one would be best for the 3 year old. Is it the main pool or would one of the others be better.

So I"m wondering asking for a preferred next to the main pool and food court would really suite our needs. Or should I be looking at another area? I understand we can utilize any of them, but my preferrence would be NOT to hike all over the resort in our quest.

It also my understanding there are no guarantees of being put by the main pool or food court just because a I book a preferred. Have I misunderstood that too?

TIA, Tammie
Old 06-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #897
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post
I've looked at page 1 (and sure I'll check it out a few more time before our trip ), but maybe I'm slow. I'm trying to figure out which buidling area would be best with a 3 year old. We want to be close to a pool for him. The map show pools, but I really haven't had any luck seeing a description of the pools. So I don't know which one would be best for the 3 year old. Is it the main pool or would one of the others be better.

So I"m wondering asking for a preferred next to the main pool and food court would really suite our needs. Or should I be looking at another area? I understand we can utilize any of them, but my preferrence would be NOT to hike all over the resort in our quest.

It also my understanding there are no guarantees of being put by the main pool or food court just because a I book a preferred. Have I misunderstood that too?

TIA, Tammie
If you booked water view, you may not/probably will not be near the main pool. Water view means you can look out your window and *see* water in some form, be it a quiet pool, corner of a quiet pool, or the lake, and I don't know that those are guaranteed to be in the "preferred" area. If you want to be near the main pool and food court, you will need to book preferred. That will put you in Trinidad North or Martinique 24-26 (I think). Those buildings are closest to the main pool.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #898
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post

TIA, Tammie
The preferred rooms are the closest ones to the main pool (and kiddie splash water play area - the pirate ship) and food court. All the other pools are just small quiet pools, nothing really to describe. The main pool does have a zero depth entry place so it and the pirate ship (which is right next to the main pool) are your best bets for a 3 year old I'd say.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #899
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post

If you booked water view, you may not/probably will not be near the main pool. Water view means you can look out your window and *see* water in some form, be it a quiet pool, corner of a quiet pool, or the lake, and I don't know that those are guaranteed to be in the "preferred" area. If you want to be near the main pool and food court, you will need to book preferred. That will put you in Trinidad North or Martinique 24-26 (I think). Those buildings are closest to the main pool.
If you want to request water view after booking preferred you could.

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #900
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
The main pool does have a zero depth entry place so it and the pirate ship (which is right next to the main pool) are your best bets for a 3 year old I'd say.

Ahhhh, now I understand. Thank you! The price was the same so if I change my reservation from a water/pool view to preferred am I gurarenteed to get close to main pool/food court? Or should I put in a request for it and keep my fingers crossed?

Again, thank you for your assistance.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: