Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #16
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

I don't agree with this at all. The woman is the victim here. The husband should be locked up.

The school should already have security in place to keep people out. Firing the teacher won't keep other crazies from hurting kids if their security stinks.

This is ridiculous.

I would seriously like to see what Pope Francis's reaction to this would be.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #17
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

I believe the article said he's already incarcerated but the school feels they won't know when he's released. I'm still torn. As a parent I can see being frightened. But this woman should not be victimized twice. Shouldn't the school and community be rallying around her and supporting her? I agree restraining orders are a joke. And let's not forget her children are now ostracized from their school and, I'm sure, community.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #18
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

So exactly what do all of you expect the school to do? Continue to employ this woman and willfully endanger the other students and staff at this school? That's going to open the school and the church up to lawsuits from parents that have a good chance of winning.

It's unfortunate, but the school has a greater responsibility to the rest of its students and staff to protect them from a known danger.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #19
Bojo
Not a fan of the Pepto-Bismol Macarena

It is truly a shame that the "system" has failed this mother as well as her children.

I wonder how many people who are criticizing the school would actually pay to send their own children to a school where they know that a domestic abuser may show up and possibly do harm to staff and/or students there?
Old 06-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #20
Hoodie
Going to BC and GF with one week's planning
The snappers go for you and the painteds pee on you. Either way, they never seemed very grateful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojo View Post
It is truly a shame that the "system" has failed this mother as well as her children.

I wonder how many people who are criticizing the school would actually pay to send their own children to a school where they know that a domestic abuser may show up and possibly do harm to staff and/or students there?
It says she was put on administrative leave and then let go. My guess is that the adminsitration heard from the parents and their own lawyers.

If my child was at the school, I'd be asking for her removal as well. The guy already showed up once. It's awful she has to deal with this, but when her personal problems, no matter what they are, create a threat for my kids, my kids come first.
Hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #21
Lilliputian
DIS Veteran

That's a very sad situation with no good way to solve it. The man has already proven that he'll show up there despite being forbidden by law to do so. Responsible parents won't keep paying money to send their kids to a school that has to go on lockdown repetitively due to a specific revengeful guy. If the teacher stays, the students will leave, and then they'll have to lay off other teachers.

Since it is a church school, I hope that they've offered her money and support finding a job through their benevolence fund.
Lilliputian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #22
robinb
DIS Veteran

I think it's ridiculous that this poor woman and her kids are victimized twice. Once by her ex (and their father) and then by a church that is supposed to support their parishioners. Since when is "no crazy ex's (spouses, parents, siblings, etc) a condition of employment? Or of being accepted into a school? Are the families of the other teachers and students required to submit to background checks in case there might be some scary skeletons in their closets?

And in the meantime, her abusive ex sits in his jail cell and crows "Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner ! I ruined my ex-wife's life! Yee-haw !"
Old 06-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #23
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I think it's ridiculous that this poor woman and her kids are victimized twice. Once by her ex (and their father) and then by a church that is supposed to support their parishioners. Since when is "no crazy ex's (spouses, parents, siblings, etc) a condition of employment? Or of being accepted into a school? Are the families of the other teachers and students required to submit to background checks in case there might be some scary skeletons in their closets?

And in the meantime, her abusive ex sits in his jail cell and crows "Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner ! I ruined my ex-wife's life! Yee-haw !"
I agree 100%. I hope she is able to sue the school and win for wrongful termination.
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #24
JaneBanks
Lime Cordial, delicious! Laughing on the ceiling with Uncle Albert

Quote:

My guess is , is when a school full of children needed to be put on lock down because he violated the RO.

It is unfortunate for this woman and her children but they aren't the only ones that need protecting in that school.

(ME) (DH) =

December 2010 Grand Floridian Honeymoon

February 2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
January 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #25
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That was his plan and he WON.

Hey Church... WWJD???

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #26
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #27
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneBanks View Post
My guess is , is when a school full of children needed to be put on lock down because he violated the RO.

It is unfortunate for this woman and her children but they aren't the only ones that need protecting in that school.
So, will the diocese do background checks on all the families of people who can enter their schools for the safety of the children? Will they check all the employees, priests, nuns, laymen, volunteers and even the children? They need to protect the school, after all. Or is that only reserved for those who have committed the sin of d-i-v-o-r-c-e?
Old 06-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #28
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
Not really sure how I feel about this. While on the one hand I think it's abhorent, on the other I can't imagine how I would feel if my child was in this school. Curious to hear other points of view.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D330387
My thoughts on this is that there is no protection from psycho's when you are a victim.

As far as her being fired, it is just a response to how things are today. School cannot accept the risk. While I hate it, I can't see how you can allow that type of situation at your school.

Those poor kids.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #29
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

Quote:
So, will the diocese do background checks on all the families of people who can enter their schools for the safety of the children? Will they check all the employees, priests, nuns, laymen, volunteers and even the children? They need to protect the school, after all. Or is that only reserved for those who have committed the sin of d-i-v-o-r-c-e?
Schools are required to run background checks on employees and volunteers here in MA. If you are a parent and volunteer in the classroom, you have to be screened first.

Let's change this situation around and have it be a private non-denominational school. Do you think it would have done any differently?

The children were probably asked to leave the school because their enrollment was a condition of her employment.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00
Arielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #30
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
I don't agree with this at all. The woman is the victim here. The husband should be locked up.

The school should already have security in place to keep people out. Firing the teacher won't keep other crazies from hurting kids if their security stinks.

This is ridiculous.

I would seriously like to see what Pope Francis's reaction to this would be.
This, exactly this. I find this blame the victim firing disgusting. It's no different from racial profiling airline passengers: "security theater" playing on people's fears and prejudices.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: