Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

DREAM: Checking Cabin Availability Questions

Hi.
I would like to book 4 cabins on the Dream for 2014.
I know what cabins I need but when going back/forth with a popular site that many use here, it is becoming frustrating for me to keep giving cabin numbers when I am asking very specific requirements (aft, middle/aft, connecting, etc.). Is there a way for me to go online and find out exactly what cabins are available?

If not, if I call DCL directly can I hold or just check availability and have the cruise transferred over to another site so I can get the OBC?
I need to talk to a person and go over cabin by cabin if I'm not getting the help I need from another place.
Thanks.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Hi.
I would like to book 4 cabins on the Dream for 2014.
I know what cabins I need but when going back/forth with a popular site that many use here, it is becoming frustrating for me to keep giving cabin numbers when I am asking very specific requirements (aft, middle/aft, connecting, etc.). Is there a way for me to go online and find out exactly what cabins are available?

If not, if I call DCL directly can I hold or just check availability and have the cruise transferred over to another site so I can get the OBC?
I need to talk to a person and go over cabin by cabin if I'm not getting the help I need from another place.
Thanks.
Booking that many rooms, I'd call DCL directly. They have to capability to see more rooms at once. And, could probably answer most of your questions.

You can transfer your reservation(s)to a TA, if you go ahead and book through DCL, within 30 days , if you wish.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
js

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Booking that many rooms, I'd call DCL directly. They have to capability to see more rooms at once. And, could probably answer most of your questions.

You can transfer your reservation(s)to a TA, if you go ahead and book through DCL, within 30 days , if you wish.
Perfect!
Thank you very much!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
WeLoveDisneyAlways
DIS Veteran

FYI from my experience the OBC was dropped in half when I looked into transferring our booking. Yes DCL has a lot more rooms available then they offer online we found this out when we needed connecting rooms and online didn't show any available when I called they were almost all available.
Coronado Springs Resort Disney World - March 2003; Atlantis Bahamas - Sept 2004; Bellagio Las Vegas - Jan 2007; Sandals Montego Bay Jamaica - Jan 2008; Pop Century Disney World - Sept 2008; Pop Century, Disney World - Jan 2009; Atlantis Bahamas - Jan 2010; All Star Movies Disney World - May 2010; Caribbean Beach Resort Disney World - Jan 2011; Bay Lake Towers Disney World, Disney Dream Cruise, Coronado Springs Disney World - Jan 2012 ; Art of Animation Resort Disney World Jan 2013 ; Coronado Springs - Disney World, Disney Dream, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Disney World Jan 2014
WeLoveDisneyAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
js

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveDisneyAlways View Post
FYI from my experience the OBC was dropped in half when I looked into transferring our booking. Yes DCL has a lot more rooms available then they offer online we found this out when we needed connecting rooms and online didn't show any available when I called they were almost all available.
Thank you.
If the agency that many use here cuts my OBC in half, perhaps I will cancel with DCL and then have the new agency book the rooms. Why would they cut it in half?
Old 06-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
js

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post

Thank you.
I booked all my cabins!!! THANK YOU!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
js

Before I transfer over my booking, I will look to see if anyone offers different OBC than others. I was not thrilled that I was able to book 4 cabins in 30 minutes with DCL and it took all morning/afternoon with the other site and still hadn't found what I was looking for but if they are the best with OBC, I will not spite myself (or really my mom - karensi, who is taking all all of us).
Thanks again.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #8
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you.
If the agency that many use here cuts my OBC in half, perhaps I will cancel with DCL and then have the new agency book the rooms. Why would they cut it in half?

Quote:
Before I transfer over my booking, I will look to see if anyone offers different OBC than others. I was not thrilled that I was able to book 4 cabins in 30 minutes with DCL and it took all morning/afternoon with the other site and still hadn't found what I was looking for but if they are the best with OBC, I will not spite myself (or really my mom - karensi, who is taking all all of us).
Thanks again.
I'm not sure if you are referring to Dreams Unlimited or another TA but most do offer less OBC for transferred reservations. It is usually more beneficial, OBC wise, to either book directly with a TA or name that TA while booking.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
js

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
I'm not sure if you are referring to Dreams Unlimited or another TA but most do offer less OBC for transferred reservations. It is usually more beneficial, OBC wise, to either book directly with a TA or name that TA while booking.
Yes, I was referring to DU. I was not sure if I could say their name or not.
Just silly. I did more work with her then just my calling DCL directly. I told them exactly what I wanted/needed and it was done, 4 cabins all booked.
I will still transfer over my bookings (4 cabins over NYE) since half is better than what DCL is offering, which is nothing.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Not all TAs drop their OBC offered by half. To do what you wanted to, I was going to recommend contacting a TA who you could speak to on the phone to make your bookings. They could have conferenced with DCL with you on the phone.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #11
owensamo
DIS Veteran

I could be wrong, but my understanding was that reduced OBC for transferred reservations was due to the reduced commission that DCL provides for those reservation (because DCL did the original booking, not the TA). I know that there are often DCL-direct deals that are only for new bookings - I guess I thought this falls into the same area.

That said, I don't think there's a reduction in Costco rewards for transferring a reservation, but they may have a completely different sort of agreement with Disney (being a rather large company) than some of the other TAs.

Can you put a hold on the rooms for 24 hours, then have the TA book them?
Disney Magic: 7N - 1/19/08, 1/17/09, 12/19/09; 14N EBTA - 5/14/11; 12N N Europe - 7/22/15
owensamo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: