Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #31
JaneSparrow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose129 View Post

Oh my goodness!!!! I'm sorry you had that weather. I really hope that's not a norm! I'm slightly nervous now. We are booked for Nov 30-dec 8
We're booked 11/29 to 12/7. Good luck to us!
JaneSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #32
kbee69
Earning My Ears

touringplans.com has crowd calendars
kbee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #33
mslhb
Mouseketeer

We went the 1st week of December last year and thought both the weather and crowds were perfect. It was high 70s almost everyday. We swam daily. For us I would much rather it be on the cold side then blazing hot. I knew the weather could be unpredictable so we were prepared with mittens, ponchos, shorts, jeans, etc... Ended up packing a ton but oh well!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #34
Claudia Kellenberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles77 View Post
We are going this year in November and are hoping for warm enough weather for swimming.

That being said, we were at WDW around December 10, 2010 and - no word of a lie - the temperatures got down to 29. Yes, that is Fahrenheit! We froze! I know before we went that I had read that the weather could be warm during that time of year, and it could be cold. Lucky us, we got the jackpot of record lows

Good luck!
I was there, too at that time. The weather was chilly all week. I could cope with it, but the morning that it was only 29 degrees was really unusual. I was at The Beach Club Villas, and as I walked over to the Yacht Club for breakfast it was 29 degrees then. We Could Have Had Snow!! I think I actually would have been upset if it had snowed.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #35
caroluau
Earning My Ears

We went 2nd week of December last year and came in time for all resort decorations as well as perfect temps of 70s-80s! It may have gotten a little cool at night because I remember DD needing a light jacket to watch fireworks and to meet Santa during MVMCP. I will never forget when we came in Dec over 10 yrs ago it was high 30s and we needed to buy Mickey sweatshirts and mittens because it was freezing!
July 2012- WDW Off Site/ Day Trip
Dec 2012- WDW GF, AOA
Oct 2013- WDW AOA
Aug 2014- First trip to Disneyland! DLH
Aug-Sept 2014 - WDW POR
Dec 2014 - WDW AOA
caroluau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #36
Winky65
Earning My Ears

The Osborne lights will be up on November 8th this year. We were there from the Fri after Thanksgiving til Dec. 6th in 2011 and the weather was quite nice. Absolutely perfect for the parks every day, and even used the pool 4 or 5 times. It was chilly but not freezing. We are going for the Halloween party this year and unfortunately leaving 2 days before the lights start.
Winky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #37
bek
Mouseketeer

Last year, I was at WDW with my sister across the Veterans Day weekend. Then I went to WDW the second week of December with my DIL.

The Veterans Day weekend, we both needed hoodies and jeans. It was very crowded because of Jersey Week, Veterans Day and Food & Wine. The Holiday decorations were starting to go up in the parks. Resort decorations were not happening yet.

The second week of December, we wore shorts and wicking shirts as it was quite warm. The parks were not crowded. Parks and resorts were both decorated and it was beautiful! There were more holiday decorations in the parks than when I was there in early November.

However I've lived in North Florida for over 40 years. After Halloween until end of April, the weather can be anything at any time.
bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #38
pigletto
DIS Veteran

My neighbours went the first week in January 2 years ago. He had to buy a winter ski jacket because it was so cold. He got it from the shop in Norway..so imagine what that cost him, but he couldn't stand it anymore!

I am so excited for our Christmas trip (3rd week of December). Hot or cold we'll have a blast. However, we're also going in August so I know I'm going to get my fill of hot pool weather.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: