Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #16
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris0809 View Post
I don't know if I would say that it is an inferior setup, it's just different. This is probably why many adults choose connecting balcony rooms over concierge.

As an adult I would easily share a bed with my sister. They really can't pretend to know everyone's preferences. That being said, the murphy bed in the non-concierge room pulls down and works for sleeping, but not really for getting around the room either. You can't access the balcony with it out. Every room has some sort of compromise.

Also, add another vote for the pull down bunk being pretty comfortable. Every adult and child I've ever spoken to has had nothing bad to say about it. Unless you have physical issues getting up and down the ladder I would think positive.

We specifically chose this setup (Cat V) when traveling with my 78 year old mother in law so that she would have the double pull out and more room to be comfortable.

To each their own!
My sister is too big to go on the pull-down. Therefore sharing a double would be ridiculously cramped.

IMHO, a Murphy bed us FAR superior to something that comes down from the ceiling.

I just wish they had been more forthcoming rather than saying "It can sleep 5 adults so you'll be fine." What would happen if 5 adults did book it and all of them were over the weight limit? Based on DCL's statement, it would have been booked on their word for the number of guests. I know my parents specifically booked it because they were told the number it slept. They were NOT told the bed comes down out of the ceiling.

But like I said, sleep is overrated I think. Oh well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: