Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #151
bhc2000
Earning My Ears

Thank you. I will check every few days and see if target.com has the Disney gift cards in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof5cg View Post
Sorry - forgot to finish by saying my $50 disney card only cost me $22.50 out of pocket after my "earned" Swagbucks $25 target GC & red card discount.
bhc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #152
GAGirlInVA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastuso View Post
Gift card related:

It seems you can't use them over the phone for room only ressies, which sucks. Anyone successfully do this? I've been told you can, but then they say their gift card system is down.

Also, I'm not wanting to carry around a lot of "cash" in gift cards for part of my vacation. Can you scratch off the security code number, and have it separately , like on your phone,to redeem? This way the physical card is fairly worthless, assuming they need that security code to use the card.

Any tips from GC users would be appreciated. I'm new to the Kroger fuel points usage, and have a lot of cards for our upcoming trip.

Jason
Call back. I had one person that didn't want to type in my BJ's giftcards back in 2011 but when I called back the next person said it was no problem. I've also done multiples on the online system, but that system might have been updated/changed since then.

If you have to call in a FEW and then a few more. Break it up. It's money... they'll take it. HA.

We left part of our giftcards in the room and only took what we figured we needed for the day. Others have had them loaded to their KTTW and used the charging to access their giftcard. Another person on the board has charged to their room, then gone to the desk every so often to "pay off" with their giftcards.

Dec 2010: ASMu April 2011: POP! Oct 2011: ASMo April 2014: Caribbean Beach resort!

Next trip? Maybe DisneyLAND for Dec '14 or March '15
GAGirlInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #153
grubens
Earning My Ears

Here is a variant on the Target purchase question. Has anyone tried buying them online from target.com using a Capital One credit card and the Target 4 bonus miles option? This would yield a 6% savings (if you have a Venture card) instead of 5%. Capital One says the bonus miles do not apply to gift card purchases, but so does the Red Card.
grubens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #154
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Actually The Disney Gift Cards are considered entertainment cards but you won't get anything off Target gift cards..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #155
grubens
Earning My Ears

Just a quick follow-up on my earlier post. You can in fact achieve some additional savings using a Capital One credit card that usually earns 2 miles on every purchase. If you go thru the Capital One Rewards site and click on Target.com you can purchase Disney gift cards that earn 6 points per dollar. You'll pay shipping costs of $1.95 per order of ten cards (max per single order). If you apply the miles towards the cost of the cards, the net cost for $500 of Disney gift cards is $471.95 which is $3.05 cheaper than using a Target Red Card.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #156
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhc2000 View Post
Target.com shows the Disney gift cards but it also says not available online. Has anyone actually ordered Disney gift cards online before? Thanks.
I can't do it either. Maybe it depends where you live?
Old 06-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #157
grubens
Earning My Ears

I just ordered 40 cards online this morning.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #158
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubens View Post
So you're the one who keeps running the website out of cards
Just Kidding.

I am ordering on line also, I have had NO issues ordering, receiving them, or using them to pay on my Disney resort reservation. I have "3" room only reservations and am able to pay by credit card via the phone system.

Rastuso - keep trying, try a different CM, they do take them

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
floridagirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #159
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubens View Post
Did you have to do separate transactions b/c it wouldn't let me get 40
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #160
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

Oh, I never thought of ordering them online! Do cashback sites like ebates work with the online gift cards?
Fivemuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #161
rastuso
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGirlInVA View Post
Call back. I had one person that didn't want to type in my BJ's giftcards back in 2011 but when I called back the next person said it was no problem. I've also done multiples on the online system, but that system might have been updated/changed since then.

If you have to call in a FEW and then a few more. Break it up. It's money... they'll take it. HA.

We left part of our giftcards in the room and only took what we figured we needed for the day. Others have had them loaded to their KTTW and used the charging to access their giftcard. Another person on the board has charged to their room, then gone to the desk every so often to "pay off" with their giftcards.

Well, I just got shot down again. Again, it was because it was room only, so it is treated as a deposit, which must be by credit card. She wanted an expiration date. I'll double check at home, but I'm pretty sure there are no expiration dates on GCs. That's illegal now.

This must be a policy change, or they are playing hardball with me. They always say I can pay at checkin. Which just ticks me off. I don't want to carry around all this cash. I'm thinking now I'll cut the cards up, keeping the magnetic stripe intact, and keep the parts separate. I'll have all the numbers elsewhere too. The physical cards are meaningless. They all make it clear if I was doing a vacation package I could use them no problem. So, it really seems they simply don't want me to have the luxury of giving the numbers online because I'm not spending enough money.

Jason
rastuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #162
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well, I just got shot down again. Again, it was because it was room only, so it is treated as a deposit, which must be by credit card. She wanted an expiration date. I'll double check at home, but I'm pretty sure there are no expiration dates on GCs. That's illegal now.

This must be a policy change, or they are playing hardball with me. They always say I can pay at checkin. Which just ticks me off. I don't want to carry around all this cash. I'm thinking now I'll cut the cards up, keeping the magnetic stripe intact, and keep the parts separate. I'll have all the numbers elsewhere too. The physical cards are meaningless. They all make it clear if I was doing a vacation package I could use them no problem. So, it really seems they simply don't want me to have the luxury of giving the numbers online because I'm not spending enough money.

Jason
I was able to key in a ton of GC's through the phone system for my room only res this past Feb. I have also had CM's take them over the phone for room only res. Someone is giving you the wrong information. Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #163
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

So now I am able to order them online. Must be something new because just a few days ago the disney gift cards said not available online. Nice!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #164
rastuso
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I was able to key in a ton of GC's through the phone system for my room only res this past Feb. I have also had CM's take them over the phone for room only res. Someone is giving you the wrong information. Good luck!!!

So you can manually key in gift card numbers through an automated system?

Because online, I get errors too. It can't find my reservation number because it is room only, I've been told.

Jason
rastuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #165
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So you can manually key in gift card numbers through an automated system?

Because online, I get errors too. It can't find my reservation number because it is room only, I've been told.

Jason
Somewhere in the prompts on the automated system is "make a payment". It took my GC's no problem and gave me my new balance after each card. Now I had to go back to the start of the menu each time, but never had to hang up. Took a while but I didn't mind since I was not holding up a CM.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: