Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #451
theparsons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannek View Post
Legality I assume.
Person brings chair over to rail. Person gets up to use the bathroom, husband helps her since she's pregnant, child x climbs up on chair, leans over the rail and topples over the railing and lands down below.

Lawsuit ensues, woman being pregnant doesn't release Disney from liability...
Actually it's probably more like, heavily pregnant woman brings her chair to the rail since standing and pregnancy don't always go together well......someone sees her with a chair and insists that they too get the same privilege and despite 2nd lady NOT being pregnant throws a hissy fit because someone else got a perk that 2d lady didn't. Sadly, that is the way our society seems to run lately. I'm old enough to remember a time when heavily preggers would be standing at the rail looking uncomfortable and 2d lady would have brought her a chair.
theparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #452
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theparsons View Post

Actually it's probably more like, heavily pregnant woman brings her chair to the rail since standing and pregnancy don't always go together well......someone sees her with a chair and insists that they too get the same privilege and despite 2nd lady NOT being pregnant throws a hissy fit because someone else got a perk that 2d lady didn't. Sadly, that is the way our society seems to run lately. I'm old enough to remember a time when heavily preggers would be standing at the rail looking uncomfortable and 2d lady would have brought her a chair.
I believe this scenario is right...

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #453
scjo68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked. I skimmed through all the pages, but might have missed it.

It was reported that they don't always (perhaps rarely) replenish the desserts. So, if folks DO show up at their ADR time, they run the risk of getting little or no desserts at the dessert party? Why would WDW tell someone to show up an hour past the start of the party? If we go in the future, at least we're armed with this information, but it just seems wrong that they would give you an ADR time that could be after the desserts have all been eaten! If they replenish the desserts, this wouldn't be an issue. But I would be @!#^*@!#*^#*^@# if I paid that much for a dessert buffet and showed up at the time they told me to, only to find out that the buffet has been picked over and nothing is left!
I agree that the staggering of ADR times is misleading. Unless a guest had been to the party before, or had researched it on discussion boards such as this, they would arrive at the party "late" if they arrived at their assigned time.

We have been to the party four times.

Do they replenish desserts? Yes, constantly, each time we have been there. Last time, we sat right beside the buffet tables, and we saw how hard the cm's worked. They kept putting out huge quantities of desserts at a quick pace. We also got to see how the guests behaved. Some grabbed desserts with a eagerness and speed that suggested that they hadn't eaten all week.

I have never seen them run out of desserts. But, some types of desserts do run out. I watched them put out several trays of crème brulee but they were gone pretty quickly, then there was no more crème brulee. Eventually, there were more cupcakes than anything else. So, the buffet was never empty, but the variety decreases.
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR, Aug. 2014 POP
scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #454
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

For anyone that has been recently...is there still a PP photographer? What type of shots do they take? TIA!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #455
disneyluvrtink
Mouseketeer

I was just there Sunday and there was a photopass photographer, but he only did one shot in front of the castle.

Emmy
disneyluvrtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #456
Gibbygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyluvrtink View Post
I was just there Sunday and there was a photopass photographer, but he only did one shot in front of the castle.
Thanks for the quick reply! So was it of you & your party posed at the party with the castle behind you?

Still trying to decide if I want to purchase the CD so trying to figure out what kind of shots I might get on it. Have never purchased the CD, or even any pictures off the site after our trips. I always have the PP photographer take a shot or two with our camera at meet & greets if we all want in the picture. Don't have a real good one though so I know any night time shots with my camera will not be great.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #457
disneyluvrtink
Mouseketeer

Yeah they had the photographer to the right as you come in to the party. It was a nice picture with the castle in the background. In my opinion the photopass cd is well worth it. I got the photopass plus last trip and we were there 5 days and got well over 200 pics. They seem to be doing a lot more magic shots than I've ever seen.

Emmy
disneyluvrtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #458
Gibbygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyluvrtink View Post
Yeah they had the photographer to the right as you come in to the party. It was a nice picture with the castle in the background. In my opinion the photopass cd is well worth it. I got the photopass plus last trip and we were there 5 days and got well over 200 pics. They seem to be doing a lot more magic shots than I've ever seen.
PERFECT! I think you just made my decision for me!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #459
JenniferIshler
Earning My Ears

Crowds after party/fireworks

I apologize if this was already discussed but I was wondering what the crowds were like when the fireworks were over and you are trying to leave the party. Are you allowed to stay and continue eating desserts or do you leave and enter the craziness of the crowds? Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
JenniferIshler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #460
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferIshler View Post
I apologize if this was already discussed but I was wondering what the crowds were like when the fireworks were over and you are trying to leave the party. Are you allowed to stay and continue eating desserts or do you leave and enter the craziness of the crowds? Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The desserts will be taken away not very long after the fireworks end. I'm sure you can hang around in the seating area though.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #461
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

We went last night, June 15 and here is my review:

Our table was fine, a great view of the fireworks. Here is what I did not like:
- it was unorganized and in need of crowd control by the CMs
- We had to wait in line so everyone went in at the same time which meant everyone headed to the desserts at the same time, another line
- it was a free for all with people taking four plates of desserts
- they ran out of silverware and bowls
- they refilled the trays but not for long, you basically got one shot at the line before most of the food ran out
- it well like a free for all at feeding time.
- I think people were trying to get their money's worth

It was a good concept and something different to do but it would have been better if they staggered the people coming in kept the food there throughout the party and not for only 15 minutes or so. No one was directing people at the buffet and it seemed like the CMs did not know what they were doing. I think they should get rid of the ice cream area as it was congesting the lines. my advice is to get there a little early and be first in line as we were one of the last people in which may have been our problem.
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
pmaurer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #462
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjo68 View Post
I agree that the staggering of ADR times is misleading. Unless a guest had been to the party before, or had researched it on discussion boards such as this, they would arrive at the party "late" if they arrived at their assigned time.

We have been to the party four times.

Do they replenish desserts? Yes, constantly, each time we have been there. Last time, we sat right beside the buffet tables, and we saw how hard the cm's worked. They kept putting out huge quantities of desserts at a quick pace. We also got to see how the guests behaved. Some grabbed desserts with a eagerness and speed that suggested that they hadn't eaten all week.

I have never seen them run out of desserts. But, some types of desserts do run out. I watched them put out several trays of crème brulee but they were gone pretty quickly, then there was no more crème brulee. Eventually, there were more cupcakes than anything else. So, the buffet was never empty, but the variety decreases.
I would agree with this but it seemed liked we were all waiting in line that was not moving and we were all let in at the same time
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
pmaurer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #463
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaurer74 View Post
We went last night, June 15 and here is my review:

Our table was fine, a great view of the fireworks. Here is what I did not like:
- it was unorganized and in need of crowd control by the CMs
- We had to wait in line so everyone went in at the same time which meant everyone headed to the desserts at the same time, another line
- it was a free for all with people taking four plates of desserts
- they ran out of silverware and bowls
- they refilled the trays but not for long, you basically got one shot at the line before most of the food ran out
- it well like a free for all at feeding time.
- I think people were trying to get their money's worth

It was a good concept and something different to do but it would have been better if they staggered the people coming in kept the food there throughout the party and not for only 15 minutes or so. No one was directing people at the buffet and it seemed like the CMs did not know what they were doing. I think they should get rid of the ice cream area as it was congesting the lines. my advice is to get there a little early and be first in line as we were one of the last people in which may have been our problem.
I was there on the 15th as well and couldn't agree more. The dessert area was chaos. The area was way too small and the flow was completely disorganized. They should really figure out a way to replenish the items from behind the line instead of walking through the throng of ppl waiting in line.

I was also disappointed in how quickly people stated lining up along the railing. Previous times we have gone we were able to watch the castle projection show from our seat then move to the railing for the fireworks.
1986 - Off-Site; 1997 - Thanksgiving - Polynesian; 2001 - Christmas - All Star Sports; 2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 2014 - Christmas - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Suzanne033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #464
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

Does anyone know the latest date that they are taking reservations through right now? I went back a few pages and saw that someone got August 22, but I wasn't sure if they had opened up September or October yet.

TIA!

izzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #465
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Sept has not opened!
Blessedwith3boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dessert party, magic kingdom, terrace, tomorrowland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: