Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #3151
itisamymc
Mouseketeer

Is RPC... Royal Pres. Club? Trying to guess.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #3152
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Royal Palm Club

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #3153
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Royal Palm Club
Aka "Main Building".
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #3154
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

We are now less than a month away for our vacation at GF Got the travel documents last week from AAA! Once I get the documents, I know that vacation is getting close. Don't know when I will be back on here. Having hand surgery today. Stay well my friends! Be back in touch as soon as I can.

For anyone going soon to the GF, have a great time. Keep pictures coming!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #3155
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
We are now less than a month away for our vacation at GF Got the travel documents last week from AAA! Once I get the documents, I know that vacation is getting close. Don't know when I will be back on here. Having hand surgery today. Stay well my friends! Be back in touch as soon as I can.

For anyone going soon to the GF, have a great time. Keep pictures coming!
Best wishes Hope the surgery is uneventful

We will probably NOT be at RPC next month...no changes just yet, but the boys want a say all good, we may still see ya in the world!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 06-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #3156
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Hello all!

I will be reading this board soon! We just returned from a week and AKL and are doing a quick over-nighter at GF before DD goes to camp. I am so excited! I have stayed at every deluxe EXCEPT the GF! We will probably hang around the resort for the Saturday and Sunday since we just got back and HOT!!! Oh my!! it felt like 100 every day.

DD wanted to know if there is a sauna/steam room near the pools or only in the Spa? Is that spa room open to guests of the GF or only spa patrons?

TIA
Old 06-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #3157
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

So, once the 2014 rates come out (as well as word on whether the military discount will be released), I am thinking of booking Sugarloaf for a stay next August.

I am thinking that in August, it will be nice to have 2 pools, plus the splash area for our girls.

I am also thinking that there should be no construction by that time because DVC is supposed to open Oct. 2013.

I have stayed YC CL and WL CL and really loved WL CL while YC CL was just okay (loved YC as a resort though)....anybody here who has stayed at those and can compare it with Sugarloaf?? RPC is out of the question, just too darned expensive, even with a 40% discount.

Or, should I just book a standard room?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #3158
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So, once the 2014 rates come out (as well as word on whether the military discount will be released), I am thinking of booking Sugarloaf for a stay next August.

I am thinking that in August, it will be nice to have 2 pools, plus the splash area for our girls.

I am also thinking that there should be no construction by that time because DVC is supposed to open Oct. 2013.

I have stayed YC CL and WL CL and really loved WL CL while YC CL was just okay (loved YC as a resort though)....anybody here who has stayed at those and can compare it with Sugarloaf?? RPC is out of the question, just too darned expensive, even with a 40% discount.

Nope...Sugarloaf. The location is awesome Candace. The pool is right there, main building too...right across walkway. The cookies and cupcakes are yummy yummy yummy. And the CMs made my girls feel like Princesses. Did I mention they picked DH up from the parking lot and drove us all to the SL building

Old 06-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #3159
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Nope...Sugarloaf. The location is awesome Candace. The pool is right there, main building too...right across walkway. The cookies and cupcakes are yummy yummy yummy. And the CMs made my girls feel like Princesses. Did I mention they picked DH up from the parking lot and drove us all to the SL building
Thanks!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 06-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #3160
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Hey, we stay garden room, request marina view. While I pay alot for GF, there's no way I would pay for CL!!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 06-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #3161
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Hey, we stay garden room, request marina view. While I pay alot for GF, there's no way I would pay for CL!!
What's a conveniently located building that's not Sugarloaf?

PAST TRIPS:
Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #3162
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
If you're at the courtyard pool looking at Sugar Loaf, we were on the second floor right side. it was room 6222. It had a kind with a sofa bed.....
Thanks syndeysmom ! DH and I sometimes have a opportunity to visit with out the kids...and prefer a king room ..I will add that to my listof fave rooms..Should I even admit that I have one of those..LOL...

MickeyNut I have a feeling that no matter what CL that you book for pre and post cruise..that you are going to end up at a certain resort that has a Hawaiian theme to it!!

pas130 I think that the elevator that you are referring to is what is called the "pool" elevator.. and I think it got that name when the courtyard pool was the only pool of the GF grounds...it was easier to use to head to the pool....and also to not be heading thru the lobby in swim attire?? ...the entrance is right before Gasparillas entrance.. in a small lobby..that area is also used as a service entrance/exit for room service deliveries...its most convenient to those RPC room that are theme park view...but is more out of the way for most of the other rooms...think that you need a room key to access any of the floors using that elevator... Hope that helps..if that is the elevator that you are referring to...?? LOL..

Old 06-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #3163
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mousemommy...Depends on what you are looking for... The building that probably is closest to both pools and the main building that is not club level is Big Pine Key...Boca Chica is in a very nice spot if you want to be close to the courtyard pool (and has lovely views IMO...) and the water transportation...Sago is closest to Gasparillas and the bus stops...

Old 06-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #3164
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
pas130 I think that the elevator that you are referring to is what is called the "pool" elevator.. and I think it got that name when the courtyard pool was the only pool of the GF grounds...it was easier to use to head to the pool....and also to not be heading thru the lobby in swim attire?? ...the entrance is right before Gasparillas entrance.. in a small lobby..that area is also used as a service entrance/exit for room service deliveries...its most convenient to those RPC room that are theme park view...but is more out of the way for most of the other rooms...think that you need a room key to access any of the floors using that elevator... Hope that helps..if that is the elevator that you are referring to...?? LOL..
Totally is the elevator I was referring to. Thank you! However, I'll be at BLT instead.... Couldn't get hubs on board with RPC

Old 06-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #3165
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Hello all!

I will be reading this board soon! We just returned from a week and AKL and are doing a quick over-nighter at GF before DD goes to camp. I am so excited! I have stayed at every deluxe EXCEPT the GF! We will probably hang around the resort for the Saturday and Sunday since we just got back and HOT!!! Oh my!! it felt like 100 every day.
Congrats on booking the GF.....you're going to love it .

Quote:
Having never stayed YC CL I can't compare anything to that one, but I prefer WL CL to GF SL. I will admit, though, that SL is very convenient to the courtyard pool for grabbing snacks/drinks while relaxing pool side .

Quote:
I agree with BlueSkies about Big Pine Key. On one of our GF stays we had a GV in Big Pine Key and it was very convenient to the courtyard pool, as well as to the main building (and not too far from Gasparillas, either ). Boca Chica is also a great building for a GV room as far as being close to everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
MickeyNut I have a feeling that no matter what CL that you book for pre and post cruise..that you are going to end up at a certain resort that has a Hawaiian theme to it!!
LOL....you know me too well, Blue . It's already been decided that Poly CL is where we'll be after the cruise, but I can't for the life of me decide where to stay pre cruise as there are too many great choices to pick from .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: