Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #211
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,298
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Glad that you are feeling better, Buffy!

You will be fine starting out slowly getting ready for the Princess. Even for Dumbo training we are only at 8 miles and that is with 2 1/2 months to go. Is there a 10k in the fall somewhere near you? That would be perfect to training for as a bridge to the Princess.
I'm still looking but I haven't really found anything yet.
We have an 11.6 mile race in August but I don't think I'm going to do that one. To hot and muggy, it was even hard for DS16 to do.
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #212
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,724

The first page is up to date!

We are seeing a lot of colour already!! And over half of the people that have reported a weight this week are already at over 50% towards their monthly goal!
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #213
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,724

Happy Monday everyone!!

I hope this thread will become livelier again during the week!!!

I woke up to a wonderful surprise on the scale this morning. It dropped another 0.7 pounds since yesterday. I am nearly at my lowest pre-vacation weight and then I can start getting even further down! So excited!!

Unfortunately after lunch I could not resist the temptation of trying out the new ice cream our usual coffee place has added. It was delicious, but it cost me 4 points!!! But I had lots of veggies for lunch and am planning on eating more for dinner!

Summer is just such a great time for fruit and vegetables! I am enjoying peaches and berries and real ripe tomatoes so much at the moment.
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #214
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

Good morning! I think I killed the thread Hopefully everyone is just super busy. Here's your QOTD inspired by my cutting veggies this morning for grilled chicken salads for dinner tonight (to which DS7 informed me "I'm not a vegetarian, you know.")

What is your favorite vegetable? Do have a specific way you cook it or like it cooked? Do you have a recipe to share?

Jill
__________________

Last edited by jillbur; 06-17-2013 at 08:40 AM.
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #215
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
I just wanted to jump in quick--tomorrow I'll have some extra time to catch up. Just been eating too much and feeling guilty so I didn't weight myself this week (on and on) decided to just stop the cycle in it's tracks and come back before it gets out of hand. cya tomorrow
Jump back in and get back on track! Don't feel guilty, it happens.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Good morning! I am Jill and I'll be your coach for this week I'll be on later for replies as I have to get my house organized with grocery shopping and laundry. Today's QOTD is inspired by a week a the beach.

QOTD Saturday, June 15 & Sunday, June 16:
Being healthy is about more than just eating and exercising. Do you protect your skin? Do you wear sun screen daily?
Guess I better answer my own QOTD! I wear a face lotion daily that has SPF in it, but I do not wear suncreen daily unless I'm planning to be in the sun for extended periods of time. I wore SPF 50 at the beach and didn't burn, so that's a good thing! I also made sure to stay under the umbrella and in the shade by the pool as much as I could.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

I wear sunscreen on my face daily. I also wear sunscreen in the summer. We live in the great white north up here so I feel like I need the vitamin D more than the sun protection in winter. Not to mention growing up in So Cal I regularly baked myself in my youth.

I think we should just do one question of the day for the week-end for the summer!
Glad to see you're protecting your skin. I hear you about the winters and baking ourselves in our youth. Do you miss living in So Cal?

I think one QOTD for the weekend is a good idea. People are always so busy on the summer weekends.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I used to wear it daily, but recently read quite a bit about vitamin D, so I have reverted back to wearing it only when I am outside for longer than the way to and from work. But I am very fair skinned, so if I am outside, I wear a high SPF. I wish those would have been around when I was a kid. I think the strongest availble then was SPF 12 and I got regularly burned with that, so my mother made me wear a t-shirt all the time at the pool...

Thank you for coaching this week Jill and sorry that you started out with such a busy weekend which has everyone away from the computer!!

I think it is a good idea as Lisa suggested that we should only have one Question of the Weekend for the summer!

Talking about things being slow: I still haven't gotten a PM from someone who wants to host in July. The spot is still available. And we already have one coach for a week as Eliza said she would do that! I hope I am not going to deter anyone from signing up when I admit that I would not mind to continue hosting for July though.

I am very happy with my result this week - despite a not so good weekend last week. And then the scary 5 pounds that suddenly appeared! But those moved away over the course of the week and then on Friday I was not really happy, so decided to use my Saturday weight as the weigh in for this thread. But on Saturday I forgot to step on the scale before breakfast. I tried to calculalte the weight of my food (including half a litre of hot tea) and figure out what my weight might be and I would have been happy with that. But then today I did it properly and stepped on the scale before breakfast and am down over a pound since last Friday! That's a great loss for me and I am very happy!

I also seem to have gotten into the vibe a little bit more on how to eat within my points with WW. Since Friday I have only eaten my daily 26 points, none of the weekly extra nor the activity points. I feel great for showing the self discipline as I find it very hard and I have to eat a lot of veggies and fruit to not feel like I am starving to death. I plan to stick with it for one week and then reevaluate what I want to do with my weekly extra. The previous weeks I just used it here and there, mainly when I could not resist some junk. But I think I need to come up with a useful plan on how to use it. Maybe set some aside for a weekly treat and devide the rest up on the different days and then plan with them accordingly.

However, I have to admit that I am not very active at the moment. But I am on call for this week which means that I have a mobile and am on duty from 6 am to 9pm (excluding normal office hours Monday to Friday). I really don't feel good about going for a run and potentially get an important phone call when I am all out of breath and sweaty... But I spent two hours cleaning my balcony and planting flowers and tomatoes today, so that was at least better than sitting in front of the TV.

I hope everyone has a great start into the new week!!
I used to have to wear a shirt sometimes, too. What a pain! I can remember my mom & older sister using oil with SPF 4. Yeah, I'm thinking that wasn't such a great idea!

I think one QOTD for the weekend is a good idea as well.

It sounds like you've got your eating all figured out. Sorry that you're having trouble with finding time to workout. Maybe the next week will be better for you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
The first page is up to date!

We are seeing a lot of colour already!! And over half of the people that have reported a weight this week are already at over 50% towards their monthly goal!
Congrats to everyone! I had a vacation gain this week, but I expected it. I doubt I'll reach my goal for this month, but I'm not giving up!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Happy Monday everyone!!

I hope this thread will become livelier again during the week!!!

I woke up to a wonderful surprise on the scale this morning. It dropped another 0.7 pounds since yesterday. I am nearly at my lowest pre-vacation weight and then I can start getting even further down! So excited!!

Unfortunately after lunch I could not resist the temptation of trying out the new ice cream our usual coffee place has added. It was delicious, but it cost me 4 points!!! But I had lots of veggies for lunch and am planning on eating more for dinner!

Summer is just such a great time for fruit and vegetables! I am enjoying peaches and berries and real ripe tomatoes so much at the moment.
Congrats on another loss! That's a great way to start the week. 4 points for ice cream isn't bad at all. And, it's summer...you have to have ice cream once in awhile


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay...I am all caught up for now. DS10 is at day camp this week and next week. He goes from 8:15-4:30! They do so much fun stuff, like track & field events, swimming, archery, water skiing, canoeing, and more that I don't even know about yet. I'm so glad he'll be super active for the next two week. I'm sure he'll be totally exhausted when he gets home, though

So, today it is just me and DS7. DH is sleeping after working midnights last night. I think I'll take DS7 to a movie today. Tomorrow, I am planning to take him to our skating rink to play in their HUGE play zone (think Chuck E Cheese tubes times 5). He'll have a blast and better yet, it's FREE! Whoop! I think Wednesday we will head to our park and do the exercise trail (walking trail with exercises every so often). My goal is to keep him active so he doesn't want to play the tablet or DS all day!

I'm going to put away a load of laundry and throw another in the dryer. I'll be back later to check in.

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #216
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,764

Morning all! Busy weekend here, so I wasn't around at all. Graduation was WONDERFUL.... couldn't have asked for better weather! I'll share a picture of the family later today. We ended up eating out TWICE over the weekend because we couldn't get a reservation where we wanted for Saturday. I think I have a food "hangover" today. BACK to OP eating today (despite the "special occasion" today ). I know I'll feel better by tomorrow!

No time for chatting today.... trying to catch up on everything I missed around the house over the weekend! I'll pop on tonight to chat...................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #217
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,764

Here's the fam! Obviously DS on the left, DH, DD the graduate, and then the old lady on the right! We look pretty good, if I do say so myself! And somehow we managed to be fairly color coordinated!



__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #218
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 45,005

Hello all sorry I feel off the face of the WISH boards.

I gained weight back and felt defeated. However, I am finally REALLY exercising to the point where I feel stronger.

Best wishes to all. Great pic pjlla!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #219
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.
 
bigsis1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Standish, Maine
Posts: 7,441

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Good morning! I think I killed the thread Hopefully everyone is just super busy. Here's your QOTD inspired by my cutting veggies this morning for grilled chicken salads for dinner tonight (to which DS7 informed me "I'm not a vegetarian, you know.")

What is your favorite vegetable? Do have a specific way you cook it or like it cooked? Do you have a recipe to share?

Jill
We love sauteed zucchini or green beans in the saute express garlic butter! OMG delish!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Here's the fam! Obviously DS on the left, DH, DD the graduate, and then the old lady on the right! We look pretty good, if I do say so myself! And somehow we managed to be fairly color coordinated!



GREAT PIC!!!

So I have brag a bit about my Hubs.. he has gotten on board with walking - he walked 3 of the 4 days with me last week and last night he even asked if I wanted to run then challenged me to "beat ya home" run from the corner to our driveway! I am soo glad.. as a chef he is on his feet moving all day but that is stuff his body is used to and I think he is getting it now.. I also completed the first 7 days of the my ab challenge.. I can see improvements even though I am not doing all in a big batch I can at least do 10 sit ups without stopping now vs. ZERO when I started day 1 !!
__________________

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13


8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #220
Eliza32
DIS Veteran
 
Eliza32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 1,226

Well, as I live in a climate where the average temp is about 10 degrees and we see the sun about 5 days a year, I don't do a lot about UV protection on a daily basis, although I'm always careful on holiday. I'm a Hawaiian Tropic girl (love the smell!!!)

As far as moisturising generally goes, I do a full body moisturise about twice a week, with legs more as they tent to be dry with me wearing trousers for work most of the time.

My face is probably the most neglected part of me, but I had greasy skin as a teenager, so have avoided much moisturiser since then!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #221
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! Busy weekend here, so I wasn't around at all. Graduation was WONDERFUL.... couldn't have asked for better weather! I'll share a picture of the family later today. We ended up eating out TWICE over the weekend because we couldn't get a reservation where we wanted for Saturday. I think I have a food "hangover" today. BACK to OP eating today (despite the "special occasion" today ). I know I'll feel better by tomorrow!

No time for chatting today.... trying to catch up on everything I missed around the house over the weekend! I'll pop on tonight to chat...................P
Aww...congrats to DD. Isn't it funny how your body reacts to a change in our eating? My body always feels tired & sluggish after a poor meal choice (aka Chinese buffet ).


Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Here's the fam! Obviously DS on the left, DH, DD the graduate, and then the old lady on the right! We look pretty good, if I do say so myself! And somehow we managed to be fairly color coordinated!
What a beautiful family! You don't look old enough to have a daughter graduating high school.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Hello all sorry I feel off the face of the WISH boards.

I gained weight back and felt defeated. However, I am finally REALLY exercising to the point where I feel stronger.

Best wishes to all. Great pic pjlla!
It's good to see you back. Jump on in & great job on the exercising!


Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
We love sauteed zucchini or green beans in the saute express garlic butter! OMG delish!!!

GREAT PIC!!!

So I have brag a bit about my Hubs.. he has gotten on board with walking - he walked 3 of the 4 days with me last week and last night he even asked if I wanted to run then challenged me to "beat ya home" run from the corner to our driveway! I am soo glad.. as a chef he is on his feet moving all day but that is stuff his body is used to and I think he is getting it now.. I also completed the first 7 days of the my ab challenge.. I can see improvements even though I am not doing all in a big batch I can at least do 10 sit ups without stopping now vs. ZERO when I started day 1 !!
I totally love sautéed zucchini & green beans as well. I haven't tried sauté express garlic butter, but it sounds yummy!

Congrats on DH making exercise a priority. It's always nice when you can work out with your significant other.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Well, as I live in a climate where the average temp is about 10 degrees and we see the sun about 5 days a year, I don't do a lot about UV protection on a daily basis, although I'm always careful on holiday. I'm a Hawaiian Tropic girl (love the smell!!!)

As far as moisturising generally goes, I do a full body moisturise about twice a week, with legs more as they tent to be dry with me wearing trousers for work most of the time.

My face is probably the most neglected part of me, but I had greasy skin as a teenager, so have avoided much moisturiser since then!!
Have you tried a lotion instead of cream for your face? I tend to have oily skin & creams are so heavy. But I can use a lotion with SPF in it just fine. I think it's Olay?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm glad to see I didn't totally kill the thread DS7 and I went to the movies & saw Epic. It was cute. And I managed to only eat a small bit of popcorn and NO candy!! On Mondays our theater has free small popcorn, so we each got one & we brought some home for DS10. I just got done walking with the dog, but we got cut short because of threatening looking rain clouds. I have to pick up DS10 at 4:30, grill chicken for salads, and go to a school board meeting at 7. Idk if other places are having issues with budgets, but PA cut funding to schools & our district is getting rid of programs & not replacing retiring teachers. It's a total uproar in our town & I'd like to go hear what they are saying. So, I'm off & I'll be back tonight.

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #222
donaldandpirates
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post

What is your favorite vegetable? Do have a specific way you cook it or like it cooked? Do you have a recipe to share?
I do like zucchini. When I was a kid, my mom would use thinly sliced zucchini instead of noodles in lasagna. Zucchini sauteed in olive oil and then parm cheese on top is rather tasty. Zucchini bread is quite a treat, although I need to find a recipe that uses honey instead of white sugar and whole wheat flour instead of white. Grilled is nice too! Hmm.... now I'm getting hungry.
__________________
Me DH DD DS
Disneymoon @ Dixie Landings; ASMo 2007; CBR 2010; POP 2012; ASMu 2014
donaldandpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #223
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Talking about things being slow: I still haven't gotten a PM from someone who wants to host in July. The spot is still available. And we already have one coach for a week as Eliza said she would do that! I hope I am not going to deter anyone from signing up when I admit that I would not mind to continue hosting for July though.
That would be great if you hosted for July, Magdalene! You might even want to change the title of this thread and kind of add July to what you already have and save yourself some time.

It's tough to be on call -- you just don't feel like your time is your own. that it goes quickly and smoothly.

Sounds like you are getting used to the WW thing -- it is a process for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I'm still looking but I haven't really found anything yet.
We have an 11.6 mile race in August but I don't think I'm going to do that one. To hot and muggy, it was even hard for DS16 to do.
Keep looking -- maybe there is something farther afield for you. Definitely want first race to be a good one and not too hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
The first page is up to date!

We are seeing a lot of colour already!! And over half of the people that have reported a weight this week are already at over 50% towards their monthly goal!


Thanks for being our lovely hostess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Happy Monday everyone!!

I hope this thread will become livelier again during the week!!!

I woke up to a wonderful surprise on the scale this morning. It dropped another 0.7 pounds since yesterday. I am nearly at my lowest pre-vacation weight and then I can start getting even further down! So excited!!

Unfortunately after lunch I could not resist the temptation of trying out the new ice cream our usual coffee place has added. It was delicious, but it cost me 4 points!!! But I had lots of veggies for lunch and am planning on eating more for dinner!

Summer is just such a great time for fruit and vegetables! I am enjoying peaches and berries and real ripe tomatoes so much at the moment.
Congrats on your loss this morning and I think 4 points is worth it for something that is yummy. I hate it when you have something that is higher in points and it didn't even taste that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Good morning! I think I killed the thread Hopefully everyone is just super busy. Here's your QOTD inspired by my cutting veggies this morning for grilled chicken salads for dinner tonight (to which DS7 informed me "I'm not a vegetarian, you know.")

What is your favorite vegetable? Do have a specific way you cook it or like it cooked? Do you have a recipe to share?

Jill
No, Jill, I'm sure you didn't kill the thread! Trust me when I say we've had summer challenges where we thought tumbleweeds were blowing through the thread and we are not even close to that so no worries!

In the summer I really love grilled vegetables. My favorites are red or sweet onion, yellow and green zucchini and any red or other color bell pepper. Thanks for asking this question -- I need to do menu planning for the rest of the time until we leave on our trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! Busy weekend here, so I wasn't around at all. Graduation was WONDERFUL.... couldn't have asked for better weather! I'll share a picture of the family later today. We ended up eating out TWICE over the weekend because we couldn't get a reservation where we wanted for Saturday. I think I have a food "hangover" today. BACK to OP eating today (despite the "special occasion" today ). I know I'll feel better by tomorrow!

No time for chatting today.... trying to catch up on everything I missed around the house over the weekend! I'll pop on tonight to chat...................P
Congratulations to your DD, Pamela! Looks like you all had a great time this week-end. Hope you can relax and just enjoy the next few weeks before it is time to think about heading off to college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Hello all sorry I feel off the face of the WISH boards.

I gained weight back and felt defeated. However, I am finally REALLY exercising to the point where I feel stronger.

Best wishes to all. Great pic pjlla!
Aww, so sorry, MM. You've had a tough year for sure. And luckily the wagon is right here for you. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
We love sauteed zucchini or green beans in the saute express garlic butter! OMG delish!!!



GREAT PIC!!!

So I have brag a bit about my Hubs.. he has gotten on board with walking - he walked 3 of the 4 days with me last week and last night he even asked if I wanted to run then challenged me to "beat ya home" run from the corner to our driveway! I am soo glad.. as a chef he is on his feet moving all day but that is stuff his body is used to and I think he is getting it now.. I also completed the first 7 days of the my ab challenge.. I can see improvements even though I am not doing all in a big batch I can at least do 10 sit ups without stopping now vs. ZERO when I started day 1 !!
What is express garlic butter? It sounds yummy!

Congrats on your sit ups challenge and a big for inspiring your DH to get out there and move too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Well, as I live in a climate where the average temp is about 10 degrees and we see the sun about 5 days a year, I don't do a lot about UV protection on a daily basis, although I'm always careful on holiday. I'm a Hawaiian Tropic girl (love the smell!!!)

As far as moisturising generally goes, I do a full body moisturise about twice a week, with legs more as they tent to be dry with me wearing trousers for work most of the time.

My face is probably the most neglected part of me, but I had greasy skin as a teenager, so have avoided much moisturiser since then!!
ITA, Helen, sunscreen totally smells like summer to me!

I am having a good OP week -- I need a strong finish for the end of this challenge for me. I'm already thinking of my vacation strategy and my goal which is to return home weighing the same as when I left. It is so hard to get this weight off and with Dumbo looming I need to drop new pounds, not old ones found on vacation.

Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #224
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,298
DISboards Moderator

Pamela DD looks beautiful!!! Tell her DS and I say congrats!

Lisa my goal is to find a 10K sometime in October or November. I'm hoping a Turkey Trot shows up somewhere. I've been keeping an eye on the bulletin boards at Starbucks and on Active.com, I need to head to the local running store though and see if they know of anything.

I'm going to post my WOOHOO Wednesday early. Went to the chiropractor today and he asked how much I've lost. I told him I was stuck at 25 pounds, but as I laid on the table he said I could fit 2 of me in my pants, LOL. and they were my 14's. Guess I really need to go get some new jeans.

I also went for a walk today while DS16 ran with his friends. I stayed on the track at school and walked 4 miles. Did pretty good, my pace was 15:50. It was pretty hot though, so I didn't push as hard as I could have.
Monday we switch to early morning runs.
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #225
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldandpirates View Post
I do like zucchini. When I was a kid, my mom would use thinly sliced zucchini instead of noodles in lasagna. Zucchini sauteed in olive oil and then parm cheese on top is rather tasty. Zucchini bread is quite a treat, although I need to find a recipe that uses honey instead of white sugar and whole wheat flour instead of white. Grilled is nice too! Hmm.... now I'm getting hungry.
You're making me hungry, too! If you find a zucchini bread recipe, would you mind sharing it? Thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

No, Jill, I'm sure you didn't kill the thread! Trust me when I say we've had summer challenges where we thought tumbleweeds were blowing through the thread and we are not even close to that so no worries!

In the summer I really love grilled vegetables. My favorites are red or sweet onion, yellow and green zucchini and any red or other color bell pepper. Thanks for asking this question -- I need to do menu planning for the rest of the time until we leave on our trip.

I am having a good OP week -- I need a strong finish for the end of this challenge for me. I'm already thinking of my vacation strategy and my goal which is to return home weighing the same as when I left. It is so hard to get this weight off and with Dumbo looming I need to drop new pounds, not old ones found on vacation.

Have a great day all!
Summer is the best for grilling veggies. I hope you come up with a yummy menu.

Congrats on the OP week. And, great job planning your vacation strategy ahead of time. I hope you have a wonderful time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post

I'm going to post my WOOHOO Wednesday early. Went to the chiropractor today and he asked how much I've lost. I told him I was stuck at 25 pounds, but as I laid on the table he said I could fit 2 of me in my pants, LOL. and they were my 14's. Guess I really need to go get some new jeans.

I also went for a walk today while DS16 ran with his friends. I stayed on the track at school and walked 4 miles. Did pretty good, my pace was 15:50. It was pretty hot though, so I didn't push as hard as I could have.
Monday we switch to early morning runs.
Whoohoo on smaller pants I love when you can see results in your clothing. Who doesn't love shopping Congrats. Good job with the walk and have fun with the early morning runs. I think getting them over first thing is so motivating.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope everyone is having a good start to the week so far. I'll be back in the morning with a QOTD

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: