Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #196
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
I originally booked 6652 for the northbound repo, but when I moved my rez to the southbound repo, I switched to 6152. It does have a larger, white-walled verandah. Didn't realize it only sleeps 3 though. Not sure if I even need the verandah now, with this being a shorter cruise, and the reports from the northbound repo saying it was too cold most of the time to use the verandah.
My mom was out on it lots. She smokes. I went out a few times on it. I don't recall being too cold. It was nice having a verandah when we left San Francisco. We were originally in a secret porthole room last year but my mom wanted to upgrade so she didn't have to go upstairs to smoke. We missed the desk to do the upgrade before we left port (the CM checking us in told us to go to Customer service on the ship, I knew that was wrong but my mom did not want to wait in the line I knew was where we should be) so we upgraded after the sail away party (they won't let you before they set sail) and we checked out about 3-4 staterooms and my mom liked the larger verandah. She kept eyeing the one next door that was an accessible room. She said they never were out on it.

No drop down bed.

Well you wouldn't have been able to get 6652 as we already had it booked from last cruise. I'm technically booked in the room, but I will be sleeping in an inside stateroom. I had 6650 booked (under my mom's name) but decided to keep the extra money and stay in an inside room. Shouldn't be a problem with switching since each of us will have one kid in our room and we will each carry the other persons kid's room key.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #197
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post

Well you wouldn't have been able to get 6652 as we already had it booked from last cruise.
I was able to choose the rooms I wanted for both cruises, both were available when I called DCL.
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #198
She Taz
Counting Down the Days Till I Cruise Again

Too late?

Hi
Is it too late to join the FE group? I've read all about it and it sounds like lots of fun. This will be the second cruise for my daughter and I. We were on the repositioning cruise May 12 from LA to Vancouver. This year my husband is joining us. Our particulars are:

-- DISboard username - She Taz
-- Cabin # 6624
-- Family Last Name - Endel
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G) - Dave, Darla, Kiara 7 (G)
-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room) - Goofy, Mary Poppins,Ariel.

Thanks
Darla
She Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #199
BaileyFamily704
We've earned our ears, now to earn our sea legs

Not to late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by She Taz View Post
Hi
Is it too late to join the FE group? I've read all about it and it sounds like lots of fun. This will be the second cruise for my daughter and I. We were on the repositioning cruise May 12 from LA to Vancouver. This year my husband is joining us. Our particulars are:

-- DISboard username - She Taz
-- Cabin # 6624
-- Family Last Name - Endel
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G) - Dave, Darla, Kiara 7 (G)
-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room) - Goofy, Mary Poppins,Ariel.

Thanks
Darla
Hi Darla,
No, it is not to late. we are taking names until July 9.
I have added you to the list.

I am not sure if you are aware, but a Facebook page has been set up for our cruise. Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/ a lot of us are over there as well and it seems to be a bit more active than this thread.

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Since 2009
1st Cruise: Disney Wonder (5513) - California Coastal 9/9-14/2013 (FE Co-Organizer)

BaileyFamily704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #200
lmoore2004
Earning My Ears

Paid in full today! Having mixed feelings though. Happy to be going on a cruise with my DH and 2 younger sons but sad to be sailing without my older 2 sons. In October of 2011, we went on a cruise on the Dream, had a fabulous time. Also, spent a week at WDW. Just had a great time. Little did we know that it was our last vacation as a complete family. Two days after returning home, our eldest son, very unexpectedly passed away. Not long after his 18th birthday, which we had celebrated with an illuminations cruise at Epcot. We haven't been able to go anywhere Disney since then. Our second oldest son just graduated from high school and will have just left for college by the time we sail. So this will be a new experience for us.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #201
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmoore2004 View Post
Paid in full today! Having mixed feelings though. Happy to be going on a cruise with my DH and 2 younger sons but sad to be sailing without my older 2 sons. In October of 2011, we went on a cruise on the Dream, had a fabulous time. Also, spent a week at WDW. Just had a great time. Little did we know that it was our last vacation as a complete family. Two days after returning home, our eldest son, very unexpectedly passed away. Not long after his 18th birthday, which we had celebrated with an illuminations cruise at Epcot. We haven't been able to go anywhere Disney since then. Our second oldest son just graduated from high school and will have just left for college by the time we sail. So this will be a new experience for us.
Sorry to hear about your oldest son. I'm glad you all had a great time on the cruise and at WDW as a family.

Will you be heading to DL after the cruise?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #202
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
I was able to choose the rooms I wanted for both cruises, both were available when I called DCL.
Must be mistaken as we have had 6652 booked for almost a year. I have the confirmation from my TA with the room # listed.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #203
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Must be mistaken as we have had 6652 booked for almost a year. I have the confirmation from my TA with the room # listed.
Maybe you misread my post: " I originally booked 6652 for the northbound repo, but when I moved my rez to the southbound repo, I switched to 6152. " All my confirmations say that I am still booked in this stateroom. I wanted to be facing the land, so I switched rooms when I changed from the northbound repo to the southbound repo.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #204
Trockey
Earning My Ears

We are in cabin 6516 and want to join Fish Extender group. Just sent request on Facebook. It will be our 2nd Disney Cruise. Me and my 3 kids. We can not wait!!!!!
Trockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #205
BaileyFamily704

Need more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trockey View Post
We are in cabin 6516 and want to join Fish Extender group. Just sent request on Facebook. It will be our 2nd Disney Cruise. Me and my 3 kids. We can not wait!!!!!
Hi, I am trying to add you to the FE list, but I need more information. I don't have any msg's in my FB inbox with the info and don't see anything on the Group page either.

Please get me the following information and I will get your family added to the list.

--DISboard Username:
--Cabin #:
--Family Last Name:
--First names/ages (of children)/gender/favorite character:
--Any special cruise celebrations: NONE
--Any food allergies, etc: NONE

1st Cruise: Disney Wonder (5513) - California Coastal 9/9-14/2013 (FE Co-Organizer)

Old 06-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #206
Trockey
Earning My Ears

We are 6516. I tried the FB link and sent a request I will try again. Last name Rockey
Ryan age 12 boy
Lauren age 10 girl
Madison age 4 girl
Old 06-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #207
Trockey
Earning My Ears

My dis board name Trockey

My kids like all the characters.
Lauren likes Minnie
Ryan Mickey
Madison likes all princess stuff but would be happy with anything.
Thanks soooo much!!!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #208
BaileyFamily704

names

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trockey View Post
We are 6516. I tried the FB link and sent a request I will try again. Last name Rockey
Ryan age 12 boy
Lauren age 10 girl
Madison age 4 girl
I am sorry, I know I am a pain. What is your name?

Old 06-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #209
Trockey
Earning My Ears

My name is Tracy. We are going with my dad and step mom in one Cabin. My brother and his wife and their 2 daughters in a cabin and then me and my 3 kids in a cabin. My husband can't go. Once I get added to the FB link I will add my nieces. Thanks again!!!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #210
BrienBear
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by knabebug View Post
Hello, everyone!

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary onboard the day after SF. (We've been together 19 y). Got married in Vancouver BC. And we're doing the Panama Canal Crossing back-to-back. We love the sea days. Plus we used to live in SF.

It seems there are many newbies booked. It'll be numbers 10 & 11 on DCL for us, so on the PC cruise we should get Platinum.

If anyone has any questions, please ask!

Nobbi & Jack
Congrats! My partner (soon to be husband) and I will be on the ship on our honeymoon.

First cruise - super excited!
BrienBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: