Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 02:16 AM   #1
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran

4year old who won't eat and character dining.

Any suggestion on character dining for a kid that eats ONLY donuts, pancakes, dry cereal, popcorn chicken and chocolate chip cookies. My granddaughter is terribly picky but we want to do at least a breakfast but she won't eat more than two or three bites at a time.

Any advice? I hate to pay when she won't eat. She.'s looks like a two year old she's so small.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:29 AM   #2
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan19712006
Any suggestion on character dining for a kid that eats ONLY donuts, pancakes, dry cereal, popcorn chicken and chocolate chip cookies. My granddaughter is terribly picky but we want to do at least a breakfast but she won't eat more than two or three bites at a time.

Any advice? I hate to pay when she won't eat. She.'s looks like a two year old she's so small.
Consider what you pay as an entertainment fee. Just pick one with characters she will like. I know 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace breakfast will make pancakes. Tusker House has donuts.
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

It is pricey, just visit the characters in the park instead. The Epcot character area has 4-5 characters in a row. You only stand in line once and if you are early enough, the line moves quickly.
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #4
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

My daughter is the same way and the characters only distract them more. SHe turned 4 on our trip last week and looks like a two year old as well. Chef Mickey's has waffles and I think pancakes (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, PLuto). Crystal Palace has waffles too (WInnie the Pooh characters) Chef Mickey's has donut holes and cereal as well.
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
pmaurer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #5
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
It is pricey, just visit the characters in the park instead. The Epcot character area has 4-5 characters in a row. You only stand in line once and if you are early enough, the line moves quickly.
There were only three there last week. MIckey, Minnie and Goofy were there. I am not sure if they rotate them. You can also see most of them at MK as well Mickey up front in the theater, minnie and daisy at the big top and Goofy and donald at the bog top.
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
pmaurer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Consider the cost of the buffet as an entertainment fee as a Previous Poster suggested. It can keep you out of long meet and greet lines in the parks, so also consider the cost of the meals as a "time is money" type investment.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Happyjen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #7
DLgal
DIS Veteran

Character meals, contrary to popular belief, are not a "must do" for everyone.

I've never done one. My kids haven't either. They've seen them and never asked to do one. I think they are a HUGE waste of money. You can see the characters quite easily in the parks. We have pictures will all our favorites, and the longest we ever waited was around 20 minutes for Pooh and Tigger. Most lines are around 5 min long. No big deal.

With a kid THAT picky, I wouldn't shell out the money.
DLgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #8
Magic2000
DIS Veteran

We had that same problem with my DD when she was younger. We still did a few of the character meals, even though I really didn't want to pay that much money and she would eat two bites and be done. Especially after she turned 10 and I had to pay adult price for her, and she'd eat two chicken nuggets, maybe a few spoons of mac n cheese, and she was done. She loved seeing the characters and getting their autograph.

We're now taking my DGD and although she LOVES seeing the characters, she wants nothing to do with them. She loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates and we took her to Hollywood & Vine. Thankfully, she was only 20 months old (and on this upcoming trip she'll be 2 1/2) so she's free. She didn't eat all that much, but she had the best time waving to Jake and watching him dance, but she didn't want to take her picture with him or have him by our table.
Go figure!

Years ago, we went to Disney with my inlaws. We scheduled one character breakfast. My father in law only wanted a cup of coffee. He didn't want any breakfast at all. We still had to pay full price for him. My mother in law was so mad. LOL

Have a great trip!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #9
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Crystal Palace makes choc chip pancakes at the omlette station. Yummy! I love the food at CP.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #10
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Make sure the rest of you eat her portion.

chloelovesdisney is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: