Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #106
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

And to think that at first sight I thought this post was about someone hogging all of the water...
Old 06-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #107
becpee
I see sock puppets

Posted by a worldwide hotel chain

http://experience.blog.hyatt.com/201...ath-amenities/

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #108
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
And to think that at first sight I thought this post was about someone hogging all of the water...
Lol! So did I!!

Old 06-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #109
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The tap water is good onboard. I'm sure some fill up jugs of that and take it home too.

That thread will be next month.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #110
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
You know what is mature and classy though? Making broad, sweeping judgments about people based on how many bottles of shampoo they take.
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
Old 06-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #111
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Not to mention DCL gets this stuff for basically free. It is H2O that has an increased cost. Disney is not buying it because they love us. H2O is placing it to get you hooked
Yep. We place an order with them twice a year, usually for about $100 each time. That wouldn't have happened without what they let us use on the ship and then bring home. A week of using it on the ship is not enough to have gotten us hooked, but more time at home, definitely...
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
Old 06-17-2013, 01:28 AM   #112
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Quote:
We just bought insulated water bottles to fill with H2O for our excursions. I refuse to pay for bottled water when I can get it from the tap.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:31 AM   #113
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Oh my side......

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Not a fan then?

oh girl, you make made me spit scotch fingers out my left nostril....
Old 06-17-2013, 02:40 AM   #114
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Oh god..keeps getting better

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Shall I reiterate?

Love my H2O

They will give me as much as they want me to have, I don't ask them for extra, I take what they leave and they replace it.

Thanks Disney

Cruise director makes it clear "Don't take the red pillows, you'll be charged at the end of the cruise"
Ok, not taking the red pillows, I will however take the H2O that you so generously left in my room for me to use AT MY LEISURE, whether that be on the cruise, at my next hotel, or at home.
we led our H2O in oz.........
Old 06-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #115
australiankaren

Postage rates to australia

the postage to oz is criminal....we pay more for postage than for the products....so of course we are going to take extras, as allowed under the mickey code of passage...he wants us to take them....cause he loves us

Thank you mickey for your yummy body lotion and fragrant shampoo...
Old 06-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #116
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Sorry. Comment below.

Last edited by ThePicketts; 06-17-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #117
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

One last comment before I abandon this thread. The title of this thread is the thing that got me the most. Hogging? Are people going without? Three exclamation points at the end? Are you really in that much of a rage?
Would it surprise you that DCL actually knows that people take some extra home and they LIKE that? It keeps their brand before you and even makes you long to take another cruise.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:37 AM   #118
JnDRader
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
You know what is mature and classy though? Making broad, sweeping judgments about people based on how many bottles of shampoo they take.
Amen! This thread is hilarious. We've always taken a few extra home. Partly because after the first cruise I bought the shampoo and conditioner online. Ok, that's my confession because I seriously feel less manly ordering any kind of specialty shampoo as a guy ! Stuff just works well.

So, come second cruise my wife probably brought home a few extra shampoo and conditioners. They're great for travelling and especially good for camping. We cook for our church's youth group(think boy scouts and girl scouts combined) so we camp frequently. The tubes are far easier to bring then the larger bottles.

And no, even if we didn't camp I wouldn't feel any need to justify taking home a couple extra complimentary bottles. Can't understand how someone would consider it stealing when they freely give it to you.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #119
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Interesting. This manners guy actually tells you to take the FREE shampoos home: http://manners.quickanddirtytips.com/hotel-manners.aspx

and this "elegant" traveling woman, in her section about pilferage, even says they are free. http://www.elegantwoman.org/hotel-manners.html (mind you, she concurs that stealing ashtrays is wrong, but the toiletries are free)
Old 06-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #120
railagainst
Earning My Ears

The only thing a room should giuve you is a good nights sleep. The clock radios, pillows, coat hangers and yes even the shampoo is provided for your use. Obviously there are cost to DCL for toiletries otherwise, they would not have cut Body Butter. Once you have taken the item I don't think it matters how you use it. The end never justifies the means. If you have to take it maybe you shouldn't have it. It may just come to that.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: