Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #16
smitch425
DIS Veteran

The beautiful thing about EPCOT is that you can get food from anywhere in mere minutes. I have taken my food from France over to America for years, but now that the bakery has seating, the rest of my family is coming to ME.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #17
gdrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
The beautiful thing about EPCOT is that you can get food from anywhere in mere minutes. I have taken my food from France over to America for years, but now that the bakery has seating, the rest of my family is coming to ME.
Totally agree, whoever is ordering where you are going to sit orders the drinks (unless on DP of course).

If the rest of your party can't find something to eat politely tell them to suck it up you're at DISNEY!!! (just kidding)

How about Pizza from Italy (to go counter).
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #18
theparsons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainK View Post
I thought we would 'eat like kings' in Epcot and I have scoured all QS menus and truly cannot find 1 QS restaurant that my entire family would want to eat at. I don't want burgers or fries...was looking for something different yet common for my somewhat picky eaters.
I though Japan or China would be the place with basic fried rice and noodles or teriyaki but they don't offer that.

Suggestions for basic/ picky eaters? No seafood or Mexican....or burgers.
Japan's QS (Katsura Grill) does serve plain steamed rice as a side dish.....and they have teriyaki meals both for kids and adults. Lotus Blossom in China has a shrimp fried rice, so I would guess that if you asked just for fried rice they'd be able to do that for you.

The nice thing about QS meals is that you can get them to go....and eat them wherever you want. So if YOU want Japanese and they want American then just decide where to meet to eat. We've taken fish & chips from England all the way to the seating at Japan so that one of our party can have sushi....and we've done other mix and match meals as well. No one has ever looked at us strange or asked us to not take up table space when we bought food somewhere else....in fact I see people sitting at these QS eating the lunch they brought from home! Especially at Yorkshire Fish...it's such a lovely spot to eat.

Something you might try to see if your picky eaters might become a little more adventurous...do an "Around the World meal".....stop at each country and order one item to share. It's not a commitment by anyone to a whole meal, so try one bite and if you don't like it, no problem, we'll have something in a few minutes at the next country. While I know there are kids with food issues, a lot of time kids are scared to try something new in case they won't like it.....and so they miss out on something that might be a favorite if they would just try.

We actually do this quite often not because the girls are picky eaters, but because we want EVERYTHING, lol.....so we get one meal and share it amongst the 3 of us at several countries and by the time we're done we've had a sample of almost all our favorites but no one is moaning over eating too much! We travel a lot and find that even outside Disney this is a good strategy....when we aren't sure if we're going to like something we just get one serving to try....if it's great we can all get more....if it's so-so or ugh, we just move on to something else. We've tried things in foreign countries that I would never have even considered.....because we know it's just a few bites between the 3 or 4 of us, so it's not really even a waste of money because by the time everyone has a bite or two it's almost gone anyway, lol.

Now Dole Whips....get your own, this one is mine!
theparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #19
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrj View Post
Totally agree, whoever is ordering where you are going to sit orders the drinks (unless on DP of course).

If the rest of your party can't find something to eat politely tell them to suck it up you're at DISNEY!!! (just kidding)

How about Pizza from Italy (to go counter).
The pizza window is only open during certain, high crowd times (I didn't check when the OP was going, if it was even listed), so this may not be an option. Also, as a warning, it is not the same as the pizza served inside of Via Napoli, but rather standard "Disney Pizza" which tends to get so-so reviews (and that's putting it nicely ).

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #20
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

I agree....I can't wait to eat the Fish and Chips from the UK in September!!!
Blessedwith3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #21
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

We do CS at Epcot

a lot and have found a lot of great choices even with my picky wife. Sunshine Seasons will make food to order if there is some ingredient on a dish you do not like. Last time we were there we grabbed children's boxes with a turkey wrap. carrots and grapes...affordable and very tasty!

My wife loves the fried rice at Lotus Blossom and the ham and cheese at the bakery in France. We prefer Cooks of Dublin for fish and chips and eat the buffet at the Beirgarten in Germany to the CS.

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #22
Danibelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
Katsura Grill (Japan) has teriyaki (chicken or beef).
This is my favorite. I also like Sunshine Seasons.

Danibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #23
P00H1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
Who says you all have to get everything from the same place?

Best thing we ever did was for my son to pick up the nachos from Mexico, carry that tray with him (we asked for an extra plate to put on top), then for me to get pot stickers and egg rolls at China (again, extra plate), we continued onto America where we sat outside while my husband went in for his burger. We all had what we wanted and a very nice meal. Win/win.
Agreed! We have done that before . It was just DH and I and sometimes we wanted things at the same place and sometimes we didn't. When we got things at different places we did it one of 2 ways...1) Split up, grabbed what we wanted and met up somewhere to eat together -or- 2) One person ate and then the other person got what they wanted (not everyone is always hungry at the same time, this plan works great for those times).

July 2010: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2011: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2012: Split Stay @ Bay Lake Tower/Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2013: Split Stay @ Art of Animation/Beach Club Villas
July 2014: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
P00H1010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: