Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #196
M&C
SSR 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
Sep. 30-Oct. 1: Go-Go's

Never seen the Go-Go's live, gotta relive the 80's any way I can, at least without a mullet
Oh yeah! I've never seen them in concert and I can't wait. It's our first f&w too so I'm doubly excited!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #197
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInKS View Post
This will be our first time at F&W. I have a question about Canada. If they have the cheese soup, does it include any pretzel bread? If not, is there anywhere to get some without making a reservation for Le Cellier?
Well, the menus for this year are not out yet, so now way to know for sure but I believe in the past it was always just the soup.

Not sure if there is anywhere to just get pretzel bread but in the past at the Germany booth you could get a bratwurtz in a pretzel roll

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #198
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyhereicome View Post
This will be our first time attending F&W. We will be at WDW from Nov 10-15. I know this is the marathon weekend plus Monday is Veteran's Day and these are the last days of F&W. We were planning for Sunday afternoon/evening for F&W. Do you think we can do it all in one day? Should I plan for Monday also? Trying to also pick the best day for MVMCP.

TIA
We were there for the last weekend in 2008 and I don't remember it being particularly crowded (more than usual anyway). We were there for the opening in 2006 and it was very crowded. This year we will be there for the opening and I'm looking forward to the crowds. The middle is not bad though which is when we usually go.

This year we are lucky enough to go for four weeks - 9/27-10/25. I was planning to go fir six but family commitments forced a change there. Oh well.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #199
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

When do they typically release the menus?

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #200
midnightlouise
steady rollin' woman

We haven't been to the festival since our oldest (now 13) was a baby so we're really looking forward to it!! But I'm NOT looking forward to telling DH that Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is not til the day we check out...

1977 - 1989 numerous trips to WDW as a kid; 1991 - WDW; 1996 (honeymoon) - WDW; 1999 - WDW; 2001 (Noah's first trip) - WDW; 2004 (Elijah's first trip) - AKL; 2006 - DLR; 2009 - CBR; 2010 - CSR; Nov/Dec 2011 - WL, CBR; Oct/Nov 2013 - CSR
midnightlouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #201
WeeVee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
When do they typically release the menus?
The booth menus? I don't believe they are 'released' until a couple days before the opening day. The placards show up in front of the booths on the World Showcase walkway. Sometimes information for the new booths is released at the Tables in Wonderland event in late July.
WeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #202
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlouise View Post
We haven't been to the festival since our oldest (now 13) was a baby so we're really looking forward to it!! But I'm NOT looking forward to telling DH that Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is not til the day we check out...
Yeah, I wish they were playing when I plan to go. I saw them once at the Bottle & cork in Rehoboth! Fantastic show.

We get The Pointer Sisters (Oct 17th) & Night Ranger (Oct 18th)

Old 06-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #203
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeVee View Post
The booth menus? I don't believe they are 'released' until a couple days before the opening day. The placards show up in front of the booths on the World Showcase walkway. Sometimes information for the new booths is released at the Tables in Wonderland event in late July.
Yeah the booth menus! Hopefully someone will post it all as soon as they are out then. (Pics would rock!)

Old 06-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #204
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Free?

I also keep seeing things from past years about "Free demonstrations" etc.
This being a budget trip free is my favorite word.

The thing is I have yet to see any details on what these are. Not just for this year but for year's past.
There are detailed lists, review, and blog post about all the one's people Pay for. LOL.

Are "free" demo's a Disney fiction or do they exist and what are they?

Old 06-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #205
WeeVee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I also keep seeing things from past years about "Free demonstrations" etc.
This being a budget trip free is my favorite word.

The thing is I have yet to see any details on what these are. Not just for this year but for year's past.
There are detailed lists, review, and blog post about all the one's people Pay for. LOL.

There are 'free' demos. But be prepared to wait in line a good 30-45 minutes prior to the free ones in order to get a seat.

The best place to read about events, IMHO, will be The Disney Food Blog. Here is a link to last years 2012 but AJ has already started 2013 segment.
WeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #206
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah the booth menus! Hopefully someone will post it all as soon as they are out then. (Pics would rock!)
They usually release the marketplace menu's at some point before the festival begins, maybe two weeks before? I can't remember from last year, maybe someone else on the thread will remember.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #207
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here are the "free" demos from last year (from Allearsnet):

Quote:
Chocolate Experience
From the Bean to the Bar Hosted by Ghirardelli® Chocolate Company – Immerse yourself in the seductive sights, scents and flavors of chocolate at this new experience! Marvel at sweet sculptures created by Disney pastry chefs and learn about the food's fascinating origins. Sample a few sweet treats and shop for gourmet chocolate gifts. Be sure to try Drinking Chocolate (it's like a liquid candy bar!) or a glass of wine. Open daily from 9:00 a.m. through park close.

The Watermelon Patch
Hosted by The National Watermelon Promotion Board – Visit a real watermelon patch! See watermelons growing and discover fun facts and tips from Mr. Food.

Sampling at the Festival Center Wine Shop
Visit the Festival Center Wine Shop for daily wine samples provided by our participating beverages companies. Open daily at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

Book Signings and Meet & Greets
Meet celebrated authors and personalities, and have them autograph your purchased book or merchandise. Check the daily schedules or visit the Festival Information Desk for details.

Bottle Signings
Meet the winemaker and have your purchased bottle of wine autographed—great for a souvenir or special occasion! Check the daily schedules or visit the Festival Information Desk for details.

Authentic Taste Seminars
Hosted by Driscoll's® Only The Finest Berries™
Learn about the origins, properties and history of pure ingredients in lively, 30-minute presentations by subject experts. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 12:15 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.

Seasons of the Vine
View a "behind-the-scenes introduction" to wine growing. This 7-minute film runs continuously each day.

"Discover the Cranberry"
Hosted by Ocean Spray® Craisins® Brand Dried Cranberries
Before entering World Showcase, visit the Cranberry Bog Display. Learn about the history, harvesting process and health benefits as you sample this unique fruit.

Home Entertaining Seminars Hosted by HGTV
Each weekend of the Festival, a top designer from HGTV or DYI will present helpful tips on subjects ranging from gardening to kitchen decor and entertaining.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #208
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Here are the "free" demos from last year (from Allearsnet):
Quick note about the book signings - at least for the popular ones in the past they gave out wrist bands at the beginning of the day and then you cam back at the appropriate time and you had to have a band to get in line. I know some people got left out as they didn't know they needed to go early in the day to get wrist bands

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #209
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

An observation. Should be drink to the beat not eat to the beat

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #210
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
An observation. Should be drink to the beat not eat to the beat
Should be.. but let's face it.. Disney cannot pass up a catchy rhyme..the earth would stop spinning or something!

How about "Consume to the Tunes"?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: