Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

Vero Beach info please

Thinking of going to Vero Beach this year for 3 days after our cruise this Sep
has anyone been and if so what is it like
would you stay in a villa or in the main building
also is there much to do in this area
thanks for any info
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
skelfbsfb
DIS Veteran

Stayed in Vero a few times, we generally go to Vero to relax so do not know about activities outside the resort. Spend most of time on beach or at poolside. Always stay in main building but would love to stay in 2 bedroom villas they look beautiful.

2003:Quality Inn Plaza 2004:Howard Johnston 2005:Sheraton 2006:Port Orleans Riverside 2007:Animal Kingdom Lodge 2008:BWV & OKW 2009:BWV & Vero Beach, RPH 2010:VILLA & HRH & BWV 2011:BWV & Vero Beach & HRH 2012:Vero Beach & OKW & BWV & HRH 2013:OKW & HRH & BWV 2014:OKW & BWV Mortgage free 2015:
skelfbsfb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
Mrdudecool
Mouseketeer

We've been a good few times now and absolutely love it!

We have stayed in all of the different accommodation there. The main building in the year of TS Fay which was good as a lot of people were re-located there due to floodings of buildings etc.

We have stayed a couple times in a 2-bedroom villa which are lovely. The size is nice, some have some amazing views as well.

We also had the luxury of staying in one of the Grand Villa's one year so basically the cottages there! They were the most beautiful things ever, seriously. I would live in one of those.

Obviously it depends how many people there are. There were 5 of us so had 2 inn rooms or a single 2 bedroom apartment so just depends on if you prefer 2 rooms or one apartment. If you plan on cooking however, you don't get facilities for this in the inn rooms but do in the apartments so do bear that in mind.

We spent a lot of time poolside and at the beach and also taking part in some of the activities they put on. We did things like archery to pool games to Bingo which is always a laugh! There is a lot on so its always a laugh!

Also on 3 nights a week there is the campfire with proper smores! This again is an amazing experience and just a right laugh! One year we had a dance off between the English and the Americans as to whose hockey cockey was the best!

Around the resort there isn't a lot to do necessarily. There is a good choice of restaurants, some with amazing views for sunset and food. There is the mall there which is really nice and also an outlet mall which can have some really good deals on.

So as you can probably tell I LOVE Vero and if you can do it, do it. It's a nice relaxation place still with a hint of Disney there such as the service.

If you have anymore questions just post and ill see if I can answer them.
Mrdudecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
Kevin Stringer
Chat Host
Oddly concerned about an elephant living in his pyjamas
The TF would like to see Kevin’s rendition of 'Great balls of fire'

We've had a few days at Vero Beach on each of our last two holidays in Florida.
Have a look here for the trip before last:

http://kevinstringer.co.uk/march%202...uise/day12.htm

There is a video at the end as well.
I'll be updating the website with our latest trip shortly.

Disney's Vero Beach Resort is a lovely place for a relaxing time. Having stayed there a few times we prefer the Ocean View Inn Rooms. Of course, this depends on how many of you are going.
I really like Captain Hiram's (in Sebastian) as somewhere to eat and also we found a place called Mulligens right on the beach in Vero, which was another great bar style restaurant.

We tried both the bike and kayak tours (as you'll see on the website) and had a great time.
The Green Cabin Room is a cool place to enjoy an evening cocktail and snacks.

Kev
Kevin Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

thanks everyone for all the great info
sounds lovely
we have decide to go but need to wait for our 7 month window to open up
only 2 weeks to wait
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
Florida Mel
Ready to sail on Disney Magic with Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Stringer View Post

Disney's Vero Beach Resort is a lovely place for a relaxing time. Having stayed there a few times we prefer the Ocean View Inn Rooms. Of course, this depends on how many of you are going.
I really like Captain Hiram's (in Sebastian) as somewhere to eat and also we found a place called Mulligens right on the beach in Vero, which was another great bar style restaurant.

We tried both the bike and kayak tours (as you'll see on the website) and had a great time.
The Green Cabin Room is a cool place to enjoy an evening cocktail and snacks.

Kev

Thanks for the trip report link, we go to DVB in August so I wll be keen to pick up some tips

Oct 2000 - 2 Weeks Villa Sunset lakes Jun 2002 - Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay Hotel Oct 2003 - 2 Weeks Villa Formosa Gardens Oct 2004 - 4 days Condo @ Clearwater 10 days villa @ Formosa Gardens Oct 2007 - 4 days Cocoa Beach & 12 days Villa Sunset Lakes July 2009 - St Augustine & WDW Yacht Club Feb 2010 - DLRP Newport Bay Hotel July 2010 - Our 1st Disney Cruise - Dover to Barcelona on Disney Magic August 2011 - Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 7 night Med on the Magic August 2012 - DLP 3 nights Dream Castle August 2013 - Jumped ship and we are Florida bound February 2014 - Back to WDW for mums BIG 60th September 2014 - WBTA and the BIG WEDDING - COMING UP
Florida Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
Pootle

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Stringer View Post

Kev
Hello Kev. Hadn't read one of your trip reports for years (didn't know you'd done one) but have just read - and loved - this one from start to finish. I was told to rest today after a split root extraction and so feel no guilt at all about this literary marathon Couldn't believe it when Deb told me last year how old your girls are now. Looking forward to your next report.

OP: DH also did the bike ride at Vero this year and recommends it. I joined him for the wine tasting, which we've done before and enjoyed although the wine is wasted on me really; I prefer tea! The CM who does it is also one of the 2 who do the bike rides and kayak trips, so her job sounds pretty good.

We love Vero for a few days' relaxation and although we have stayed in the other buildings in a 2 bedroom and a studio, we much prefer the ocean view Inn rooms.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: