DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #16
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigacc View Post
I DO believe what I pay in dues should cover the USE of a couple extra towels. I also believe my choice to borrow a pool towel is NOT going to affect any body else's dues. So....if the folks paying for a cash room can get extra towels, without a cost....why should it be different for me? I love Disney...visit 2 to 3 times a year...and spend a lot of money there...I think we should not be charged to use an extra towel or two. just my opinion....sorry to rile everyone up....but I bet there are some others that feel the same way.
Cash rates are based on full housekeeping each day, which includes new towels.

The bottom line expenses are paid by the membership. If they factor in extra towels for members for free, dues will go up to cover it, there's no way around it. Disney is not going to cover extra expenses, they are the responsibility of the membership. That's how a timeshare works.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
I DO believe what I pay in dues should cover the USE of a couple extra towels. I also believe my choice to borrow a pool towel is NOT going to affect any body else's dues. So....if the folks paying for a cash room can get extra towels, without a cost....why should it be different for me? I love Disney...visit 2 to 3 times a year...and spend a lot of money there...I think we should not be charged to use an extra towel or two. just my opinion....sorry to rile everyone up....but I bet there are some others that feel the same way.
If all members felt this way, our dues would skyrocket.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #18
BillPA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I assume you are a renter not an owner?

Old 06-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #19
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So rules don't apply to you for some reason?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #20
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Should be 4 bath towels, 4 wash cloths, 2 hand towels, 1 bath mat
I agree with this reply except it's that number per bathroom. So at AKV Kidani Village and BLT you get 12 bath towels, 12 wash cloths, 6 hand towels and 3 bath mats.

Not enough wash cloths IMO. They have to be washed between uses unlike towels (after all you are clean when you dry off).

Old 06-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #21
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The only money you spent on DVC was your purchase and dues. Neither include extra towels.

The other money you spend while at Disney does not go to DVC at all.

Even if some do agree, it does not change the fact what policy is, extra towels require a fee.

When one buys into DVC, they agree to the policies they have established for the entire membership, not just a few.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #22
DisneyNutMary
DIS Veteran

I've always just thrown my towels in the washer every day. Viola, never have dirty towels. Isn't the washer/dryer there for that reason?
Same as when I use the vacuum if my kids get crumbs on the rug, rather than call housekeeping.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #23
RoutemanDan
DIS Veteran

Feeling and belief trump the governing rules, got it.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #24
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Please remember that advocating for and breaking published and established rules of DVC/Disney is not allowed on our DVC Boards. This thread is now closed.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: