Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
lostboy
Earning My Ears

Are there more ride closures in March than June?

Still trying to decide when we'll go next year, and are now deciding between two dates: March 16-21 or June 2-7.

Are there more ride closures to be expected in March? Or earlier park closures or less parades? We'll have two kids aged 5 and 7, who would probably be more interested in rides like POTC and BTM, rather than Casey jr, etc. They'd also like to see princesses, possibly lunch at Auberge.

There's currently almost 400 in the difference between the March and June dates, but if there will be a lot more closures or we won't be able meet the characters the kids want to see, then I'd hold out. Also not sure if prices would be expected to go down (currently 2 nights free and under 7 free)?

Thanks for any help!
lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

There won't be less parades in March, it will be the same as June.
You really can't predict when BTM or any other ride will be down for refurb, refurbs of the rides go on throughout the year. If there are any major refurbs of the buildings etc, those do tend to happen in the period January to March each year.

The parks will close earlier in March - in June if Dreams is still running the main park won't close until 10.30pm or maybe even 11pm, in March it will 8.30pm or maybe 9pm close.

Your children will be able to meet characters/princesses etc and dine with them at all times of the year.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
Lollipops
Earning My Ears

We went in June last year we had a great time and while warm it rained quite a lot, so we decided we would take a chance on the weather and have saved the money and booked for 16th of March for 4nts, there are fireworks for St Patricks on the 17th.
Although the parks were open till late on our June trip for us with 2 small children this meant really long days staying up really late for dreams not getting up early for EMH.
most of our successful character meetings were in the hotel after breakfast or character meals ( inventions) gave up on unorganised meets in the park.
Also we wanted to go on the coach tour to Paris and the kids go free in winter.

here is a link to archived closures

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/cl...hive-for-2013/

Happy decision making!
Lollipops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #4
tracy021083
Mouseketeer

We went to disney this year June 2-6 it was our first trip and we had amazing hot weather, not a drop of rain! I think because it was so warm and sunny we could really appreciate the attention to detail on all the buildings etc. and lovely walks round the lake. I'm not sure if it would be too cold for us outside of summer.
Big thunder mountain was actually closed for our whole trip so guess you can't plan in advance for closures like this.
Me and my daughter had lunch and auberge and she also has the princess makeover at the dlh the same day - amazing!
tracy021083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
netimka
Mouseketeer

in June new ratatouille attraction in studio should be open so I would go then (of course there might be delay or so but finger crossed it wont)
Old 06-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #6
Lisa_C
Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

Hard to judge ride closures - tbh, there are a lot closed at the same time between Jan and June as these dates are off peak and usual to have maintenance planned around them. What rides will be closed is difficult to judge. As its been mentioned, BTM was closed for half term and beyond - I was gutted (but we had to rearrange due to things at home so it was ok for us in the end) as I am a peak chick snd not used to rides being closed We are out in July and August and are pleased with the long hours as there will be no small people with us. If the children were younger I'd go for shorter park hours - but I know that this the risk of cold weather and children and more than likely I'd be disappointed.
I would recommend June though, you have a slightly (!) better chance of weather

loving me a Pirate
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: