Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina35 View Post
Going in August & trying DlxDP for the first time. Right now have ressies for breakfasts and signature dinners. Did anyone do this and think it was too many signatures for one trip? Planning on Artist Point, Jiko, Citrico's, Narcoossee's, and maybe the Poly Spirit of Aloha Luau. Would also appreciate your thoughts on any of these. Thanks!
We did this! We stayed club level that trip so we ate breakfast in the lounge a bunch of days, had a TS lunch (11am or 12 pm adr), and then a later dinner adr at a signature. It was an awesommmme trip! It is a lot of food though, because of the appetizer, entree dessert at each meal. We did Citricos, Narcoossee's, Jiko, Yachstman, and Artist Point that trip.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #17
Big E
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Sorry, guess I didn't express myself clearly the first time. We know it won't be too much food for us (esp. doing breakfasts & dinners), and we certainly aren't fearing too much good food! Just wondering if anyone found it annoying to do all signatures during one trip. We always do at least one sig. every trip on the regular DP, and we love it...but it IS a longer dining experience. Didn't know if anyone thought that spending so much time on dinner EVERY night was too much. Think we're going to do it anyway....sounds like the right time for us to try all of the signatures.
We do a signature dinner every night and don't feel like we are there for any longer than an hour or so. That said, we are 2 adults, no kids, and don't have wine or anything like that which may be why we are out quicker.
Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
Gina35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
Buffet/Character breakfast + signature dinner is a very common way to work within DxDP. It keeps the raw amount of food down so you're not feeling stuffed, and keeps the timing to two slightly larger chunks than 3 total chunks, so you're actually gaining time. (Unless you linger, typically a signature meal isn't as long as 2 full non-signatures).
Never thought of it like that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
As far as the actual sigs, I've enjoyed all of them I've been to: Jiko, AP (my current favorite), Citrico's, Flying Fish (though 2012 wasn't quite as good as previous years), CG, and Yachtsman.
Glad to hear your favorite is AP! Wish we could go to CG (my current favorite), but it won't be done in time for our visit!
Gina35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #19
Gina35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
We did this! We stayed club level that trip so we ate breakfast in the lounge a bunch of days, had a TS lunch (11am or 12 pm adr), and then a later dinner adr at a signature. It was an awesommmme trip! It is a lot of food though, because of the appetizer, entree dessert at each meal. We did Citricos, Narcoossee's, Jiko, Yachstman, and Artist Point that trip.
Thanks...I'll be keeping our plans as is. What did you think of Jiko and Artist Point (only two we haven't been to before)?
Gina35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #20
Dani C
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylleigh59 View Post
We have done it and it is better to do a breakfast and signature dinner or lunch and later signature dinner. Three sit down meals is too much for us. We did Citrico's, Narcoossee's, Fulton's, Hollywood Brown Derby, Flying Fish Cafe and LeCellier. We did find it hard to use all the snack credits and ended up buying treats and snacks to take home.
Agreed. I have lunches and late dinners at signature restaurants planned for my ressies. Of course, I did also have to add on afternoon tea OOP one day.

Dani C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #21
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:

Thanks...I'll be keeping our plans as is. What did you think of Jiko and Artist Point (only two we haven't been to before)?
We've done artist point a few times, it never disappoints. We didn't love jiko! I was really surprised. It's been about 3 years now so it's definitely time to give it another shot. I think we just ordered the wrong things. We are adventurous eaters but something with the spices on the dishes we chose just didn't work. My dishes were both super spicy! Like hot spicy not just spiced. We eat indian food and thai food etc. Our server was also not great which really affected the meal. But we definitely need to try it again! So many people love it, we are sure it was just our choices mixed with poor service. Could happen to anyone.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #22
theparsons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaykool101 View Post
It is a much better value to use 2 DxDP credits for signature than to use 2 DP credits, because of the appetizers. So if you want to try signature every night, it looks like a good time to do it.

When we went on the DxDP we tried to do more signatures. Our next trip we are on the DP and we are avoiding signatures.

Of the places you have picked, we have been to Jiko, Narcoosee's, and Artist Point. Jiko is our favorite signature. We think it is amazing and have been multiple times. Narcoossee's we did last trip and everyone enjoyed it. Artist Point we did twice. It was good the first time. It was terrible the second time. And I mean epically terrible.

We went for the buffalo steak. I love buffalo. So three of us order buffalo and one person ordered the filet. The buffalo came out hard as a rock (All 3). It was inedible. So we sent all 3 back. Since all 3 were bad we did not opt for buffalo the second time. We all ordered the filet.

My sister who ordered the filet originally had ordered it med-well. It was still red in the middle. Not med-well. However, we weren't going to send all the meals back that just made us feel bad. So she ate it.

We waited forever for our new meals. It wasn't busy, I don't know what took so long.

All three of us had ordered our new filets med. They came out well-done. I mean these steaks were cooked.

We ate them anyways, we were starving. And they tasted great. Really, they were good steaks.

However, I had budgeted 2 hours for this meal and 45 min. travel time and 30 minutes to find seats for the 8:00 parade at Magic Kingdom. The food service was so slow, we got to MK right as the fireworks started. The meal took over 3 hours. This was our last night, and because of them messing up we missed the parade.

Our server was awesome. The manager checked on us constantly and apologized. They comped the meal (which didn't help because we were on the dining plan and the credits were expiring at midnight). Guest Services gave us a complementary breakfast the next morning at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

They messed up. They knew they messed up. Everyone was very civil the entire time. Our server was really great. And the steaks were good even at the wrong temp. It was just that everything went wrong. So maybe this isn't typical. I really feel like this was a "just one of those things" type of events. But with all the other signature restaurants to try at Disney, we won't be back to AP again for a while.
Just FYI for your next trip....your credits do not expire until midnight the day you check out....so since you speak of comp breakfast the next morning I am assuming that you hadn't already checked out before having your meal and watching the fireworks....so you would have had until midnight the next day to use them. Of course, most of us have travel plans early enough that a 2+ hour meal won't fit on our departure day.
theparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #23
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Going in August & trying DlxDP for the first time. Right now have ressies for breakfasts and signature dinners. Did anyone do this and think it was too many signatures for one trip? Planning on Artist Point, Jiko, Citrico's, Narcoossee's, and maybe the Poly Spirit of Aloha Luau. Would also appreciate your thoughts on any of these. Thanks!

All the choice are wonderful, except for Poly Spirit of Aloha Luau, the meal offering is very limited. We are not picky but we did got to captain cooks after the luau and get something to eat. The show is kinda silly and more like a play. This is just what my family thought. It's just not a Luau or what we expected for a luau. For us once was enough.

I was going to mention that the time it takes to dine at 2TS - you need to plan on at least 2+ hours, plus include time to get to and from each restaurant.

We really love Narcoossee's the view is really nice and this is a great place to unwind, We have eaten here 3 times and had a great meal and great service all 3 times.

There are lots of good 1TS restaurants, which might help on the time factor.

The best suggestion I have is to check out all the menu's here on dis and over on allears.net and read the reviews, and make a decision from that.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: