Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

Help Value or Moderate for 2 nights.

DH and I will be going down to WDW for 2 nights prior to our cruise. It's going to be our 2nd Anniversary. Right now we are booked at the POP. Not sure if I should upgrade to a moderate for about $100 more or just stay at POP since it's only 2 nights. What would you guys do?

(Me) (Hubby) (Tanky) : (Ony) (Michey)
5/14- BCV, 9/13- CBR & DCL Fantasy, 9/12 -BWI,12/11 -POP, 9/11- Wedding & Honeymoon GF & DCL,
4/11,7/10,3/08 etc. (to many to count)- Offsite
MrsB919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
3cuteDISkids
Earning My Ears

Dh and I just stayed at POFQ for our anniversary last month. It is gorgeous there and so relaxing! Riverside looked wonderful too. While I haven't stayed at Pop, I would splurge and go mod and choose one that's quiet. Good luck choosing!
3cuteDISkids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

we are doing similar in a few months. I actually decided that the pop would be just fine for that time period as we will not be spending tons of time at the resort. we are then doing a b2b on the fantasy and going back after that to do a mod. we will be spending a few extra days there so a room upgrade may be worth it.
we normally always stay at the pop and I love it. this will be a first for us at this particular mod and i'm hoping I love it as much as I love the pop. I may find that i'm really sorry I did it this way.
back to your issue, its really a personal preference but how much time will you really be spending at the resort. that would be my measure. after all, you could spend the extra $100 on the cruise.....
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:30 AM   #4
dpswift
DIS Veteran

Dh and I are also going for a weekend this fall. I have looked at the moderates for pricing several times and it is just not worth it for us. With only 2 days I do not see us spending time at the resort.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #5
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Since it's only two of you and only two nights, I'd just stay with POP. How much time are you going to be at the resort anyway, other than sleeping? With the extra $100 you save, do something fun or buy a special souvenir or splurge on a nice dinner or....whatever! I just think there's other ways to spend the extra $100.

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: