DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
kgeary
Earning My Ears

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Question on booking at HHI

Debating a resale purchase. One question how hard is it to book at HHI in the 7 month window for the summer months Jun-Aug? Just looking for some people's experience in it. We would need to book 2 bedroom places.
kgeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #2
missycj96
DIS Veteran

It's hard but can be done. Book first thing in the am at exactly 7 months and have some flexibility on dates. I did this last summer and got a 1 br. I called three mornings in a row and on the 3rd got a room for the week. If you want to to regularly stay at Hilton Head I'd look for a contract there.
missycj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

We booked a 1BR in July of 2009. I called right at the 7 month window and could not get a week and so we decided on just doing 5 nights. We could not get the 5 nights we wanted (Sun-Fri we wanted but had to do Tue-Sun) so I called the next day couple days and tweaked our dates. Ended up with the 5 nights (including Fri and Sat night at higher point cost) and then cancelled Sat night and added on 3 nights at OKW (to do Seaworld for 2 days and no WDW parks). We bought 75 HH points last year and are adding on 50 points again now (waiting to close). We will be booking at 11 months out for next August (Sun-Fri).
lovin'fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
Candace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgeary View Post
Debating a resale purchase. One question how hard is it to book at HHI in the 7 month window for the summer months Jun-Aug? Just looking for some people's experience in it. We would need to book 2 bedroom places.
It's such a small resort, and it is most popular during the summer. If you really want to go during the summer, I would consider buying there. I went the first time at the 7th month window - told them I could go any time during a 6 week period (I was teaching at the time) and got the last week of my vacation. Just luck. After that trip, I bought points there. Have you stayed there? You should check it out to make sure you like it. Remember it is not directly on the ocean. That said, I still love it.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
DizMagic
Mouseketeer

2 bedrooms are easier to get there than 1 bedrooms or studios. i have 100% success rate over the last couple of years of getting a 2 bedroom mid September. slightly outside your time-frame, but still popular in this area.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:08 AM   #6
sara mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgeary View Post
I tried for July and Aug at 7 mos and could not get a 1 bedroom for anymore than 2 days. I was on the website every morning and it became pretty frustrating. Now considering a resale there, as others have mentioned.
sara mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:57 AM   #7
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

We tried getting a 2 bedroom one year and couldn't. So we bought points there and now we can! We prefer July.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #8
lah3hh
DIS Veteran

HHI is our very first home resort we purchased back in1998 and glad we did for this exact reason. They are pretty well at full capacity May -September of most years. I know there are some exceptions for sure but I would say if you want to go to this resort every year or every other (something like that) I would invest in getting some home resort points/advantage.

Here's to hoping you make the best decision for your situation!!!

2014 Vacation Plans:

March Las Vegas - RCI/DVC trade into a Hilton Grand Vacation Resort (This was awesome and truly loved the location along the strip!)

May/June WDW Beach Club 3 nights then on to 6 nights at Disney's Hilton Head Resort and then back to AKV for 3 additional nights

October DCL Wonder 5 night double dip followed by 7 nights at SSR

[B]That should be enough vacation time for the year I hope!!
lah3hh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

Bottom line is people will tell you their successes but it is nearly impossible. Buy resale and book at the 11 month window for the summer months.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #10
awilliams4
DIS Veteran

2 Bedrooms will be easier than 1 Bedrooms and Studios. I would say if you get a Studio or 1 Bedroom at 7 months, count yourself lucky.

2 Bedrooms will still be tough but not as tough.
awilliams4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: