Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #151
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I can report that Australia is a dry country(side) but not a dry state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Australia is the driest continent on earth. There is less rainfall here than anywhere else.

But despite that, we have quite a few regions that grow grapes and make wine. That kind of 'dry'....we are not.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #152
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Alison I need your DL expertise. Early September, low time, they'll only be doing WoC and Fantasmic on the weekend from what I understand. Should I do either of the dining options that gives me a reserved spot? Sorry to hijack your thread.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14

Last edited by Pinkocto; 06-16-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #153
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Alison and Corrina.

Beautiful Picture and lovely drinks!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #154
Pinkocto

What a fun meet with Corinna! those ice spheres look so cool.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 06-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #155
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

OMGoodnes THE Lounge.....

AWESOME there are no other words about having the
Privilege/Honor to spend some time in there...but you know that I can see it on your faces

Dis Meets always great fun and Corinna I LOVE your name it was first choice for my DD#1 but ex-husband nixed that (and so many other things LOL hence the "ex-)

That ice sphere you really captured the whole thing Great pictures as usual, always make me feel like I'm right there with you Thanks for sharing all this Alison wish I could teleport myself and be with you & Fran for that expo

Hey did you ever post pictures of the artwork through silent auction on the cruise and didn't Fran buy something else Would love to see it

Ruthie

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #156
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

This was really an amazing afternoon and I was glad that I finally had a chance to meet Alison in person. I know we had been talking about meeting up for nearly two years but for one reason or another, it never happened. That thanks to her friend this could happen in such a wonderful place that I would never have dreamed to set foot into was definitely the icing on the cake. Alison, if you do ever come to the UK, I will insist that you will visit our fair city and I will be your personal tour guide. Anyway, this has given me the kick up the backside that I needed to get my trip report started.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #157
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Lovely picture of Corinna and you in the Lounge. DIS meets are so amazing since we have the Disney common connection. Besides it's always fun to hear about other parts of the country or world.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #158
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Looks like you had a great meet! That ice sphere is one of the coolest things ever.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #159
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
WOW! Nice to see the picture of you and Corinna. Say hello to that generous benefactor of yours.

Quote:
Australia is the driest continent on earth. There is less rainfall here than anywhere else.

But despite that, we have quite a few regions that grow grapes and make wine. That kind of 'dry'....we are not.
OK, Now I understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Alison I need your DL expertise. Early September, low time, they'll only be doing WoC and Fantasmic on the weekend from what I understand. Should I do either of the dining options that gives me a reserved spot? Sorry to hijack your thread.
I'm on it! .......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Alison and Corrina.

Beautiful Picture and lovely drinks!

Quote:
What a fun meet with Corinna! those ice spheres look so cool.
I'll see if my friend can meet us out there while you're in town. I'll take one for the team and order one, they have some good non-alcoholic drinks there too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
AWESOME there are no other words about having the
Privilege/Honor to spend some time in there...but you know that I can see it on your faces

Dis Meets always great fun and Corinna I LOVE your name it was first choice for my DD#1 but ex-husband nixed that (and so many other things LOL hence the "ex-)

That ice sphere you really captured the whole thing Great pictures as usual, always make me feel like I'm right there with you Thanks for sharing all this Alison wish I could teleport myself and be with you & Fran for that expo

Hey did you ever post pictures of the artwork through silent auction on the cruise and didn't Fran buy something else Would love to see it

Ruthie
I thought I took pictures of them on the ship and posted them in my cruise report. They are still in their boxes being stored until we hear the verdict on the addition to the house on 1st street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
This was really an amazing afternoon and I was glad that I finally had a chance to meet Alison in person. I know we had been talking about meeting up for nearly two years but for one reason or another, it never happened. That thanks to her friend this could happen in such a wonderful place that I would never have dreamed to set foot into was definitely the icing on the cake. Alison, if you do ever come to the UK, I will insist that you will visit our fair city and I will be your personal tour guide. Anyway, this has given me the kick up the backside that I needed to get my trip report started.

Corinna
I would love to get a personal tour of your city. The pictures you have posted in the past have been astounding, I've never been to the UK, so it's on the bucket list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Lovely picture of Corinna and you in the Lounge. DIS meets are so amazing since we have the Disney common connection. Besides it's always fun to hear about other parts of the country or world.
So far everyone that I have met has been a treat! It's like we're old friends who haven't seen each other in years. Great fun! I've got two more meets coming up in August and September as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Looks like you had a great meet! That ice sphere is one of the coolest things ever.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #160
glaserjm
DIS Veteran

That roadtrip sounds great. Joe and I took a southwest road trip in 2011 (although we started from St. Louis so we did a lot more meandering along the way). We visited Painted Desert, Grand Canyon, Zion and drove through Monument Valley (although we didn't stay there). It was one of the best experiences we've had together, you'll have a great time!

What an amazing DISmeet...how fantastic for both of you to get to meet each other for the first time in such an amazing location!

glaserjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #161
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

I'll see if my friend can meet us out there while you're in town. I'll take one for the team and order one, they have some good non-alcoholic drinks there too!
That would be amazing!!! I hope he's available I'd be adventurous if that's what it takes to get one of those spheres

Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #162
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

By the way Alison, AA does fly to San Juan so you could join us in Oct 2014. The booking for the 3 night repo opened up today. I think were going to head to WDW Oct 4th, then to San Juan on Oct 9th, catch the 7 + 3 night cruise on Oct 11th. DD/DSIL will fly home after the 7 night cruise.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012

Last edited by ACDSNY; 06-18-2013 at 08:58 PM.
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #163
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Quote:

By the way Alison, AA does fly to San Juan so you could join us in Oct 2014. The booking for the 3 night repo opened up today. I think were going to head to WDW Oct 4th, then to San Juan on Oct 9th, catch the 7 + 3 night cruise on Oct 11th. DD/DSIL will fly home after the 7 night cruise.
Yes! Join us!!
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #164
franandaj

Quote:
That would be amazing!!! I hope he's available I'd be adventurous if that's what it takes to get one of those spheres
We'll have to see, I don't mind ordering one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaserjm View Post
That roadtrip sounds great. Joe and I took a southwest road trip in 2011 (although we started from St. Louis so we did a lot more meandering along the way). We visited Painted Desert, Grand Canyon, Zion and drove through Monument Valley (although we didn't stay there). It was one of the best experiences we've had together, you'll have a great time!

What an amazing DISmeet...how fantastic for both of you to get to meet each other for the first time in such an amazing location!
I'm glad to hear that you found it enjoyable! I think it's going to be fun. I do like being able to set our own pace and not having to worry if we make the plane or ADRs so this should hopefully be a relaxing trip!

Quote:

The 7 + 3 sounds really cool, but I'll just have to see what Fran thinks about airfare and stuff. Until we get the two apartments rented, I don't think she wants to talk about vacations. I was pushing it with the road trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
Yes! Join us!!
We'll see!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #165
franandaj

My hopes and dreams for this trip Ė Day 1

Without much else to do, I may as well tell you all my expectations for this trip and how I hope that it plays out. I know how the first day of any trip to WDW will go. I hope that the car is all packed the night before and I actually get to sleep before midnight. I also hope that we get out of the house at the expected time (around 6AM) as we have a 9:15AM flight.

We will arrive at MCO hopefully just before 5PM and hop on DME to our resort, the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. We have a one bedroom Villa, and I know all too well how the first travel day goes, which is why I have a nice big grocery order set to be delivered!

As soon as we get to the Villa, Fran will need a nap. Travel really wipes both of us out, so we never make a dinner reservations for the first night. In addition to some of the things that Iíve talked about bringing, I plan to have groceries delivered to the Villa. Here is my list, and Iím sure that I will be adding to it. Especially once I show it to Fran!

Grocery list

8 oz Farmer John sausage links
2 yellow onions
1 bunch celery
Velveeta 12 oz block
Cream Cheese
Diced Green Chilies
Tortilla Chips
8 tomatoes
5 cucumbers
Small bottle Canola oil
1 lb bacon
1 loaf white bread
Small jar of mayonnaise
1 lb ground beef
Onion hamburger buns
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Tater Tots
Ĺ dozen eggs
12 pack Diet Mtn Dew
12 pack Dr. Pepper 10
Horseradish
Pack of sliced Ham
6 Yoplait Light Yogurt (3 Strawberry, 1 Peach, 2 Raspberry)
V8 Juice
2 Individual Serving Cereal Bowls (Honey Nut Cheerios)
Milk
Ĺ head cabbage
Carrot
Butter
Green Pepper

Bring

Lipton Chicken Soup Mix
Rice
Tri Tip
Ground Coffee
Splenda
Brown Sugar
Spice Box

All these items will allow me to cook two meals just for Fran and I for dinners. I will make our portion of the cookout food, plus there are some breakfast and snack items in there. Combined with the stuff in our OL, there is plenty for us to live comfortably for one week.

Once Iíve got our groceries sorted out and put away, I plan to start on dinner. I will be making Joan Bergnerís Sausage Casserole. I have no idea who Joan Bergner is, but evidently she is a neighbor out of Franís childhood who made this recipe. It is a childhood comfort food for Fran, very simple to make without a lot of ingredients, so Iím happy to prepare it for her on the first night of our trip. Plus there are usually leftovers so we can have it for snacks throughout the rest of the trip. I know that some of you out there are eating healthy and organic foods and this is a completely processed meal, but itís easy and makes Fran happy, so for now, thatís what counts.

My starting ingredients:

8 oz pork sausage
1 large onion
1 cup chopped celery
2/3 cup uncooked rice
1 pkg Liptonís Chicken Noodle Soup
3 Ĺ - 4 cups water (not pictured here)
ľ tsp freshly ground pepper

Cut Celery in to small pieces

Chop onion into small pieces.

Cook sausage in a stove top to oven pan

When sausage is cooked add celery and onion

Saute until tender

At this point, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Add rice and brown a little until crunchy

Add water. Iíve started to cut it down to 3 cups which seems to work out perfectly.

Add soup mix

Add pepper (you donít need any salt, lord knows that Lipton soup is 50% salt! )

Bring to a boil

cover and cook in oven for about 30 minutes.

Test for casserole consistency, if water has not all been absorbed, remove lid and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately

Dinner! (I call the celery in there my vegetable There is a whole cup in the recipe!)

After dinner I will probably take a bath, upload some photos and work a little bit on the computer before going to bed. I may sit out on the balcony (If I donít have the dumpster view), but I have a feeling I might be too tired to actually get out and explore the resort. Weíll save that for the next day!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: