Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #91
becpee
I see sock puppets

Shall I reiterate?

Love my H2O

They will give me as much as they want me to have, I don't ask them for extra, I take what they leave and they replace it.

Thanks Disney

Cruise director makes it clear "Don't take the red pillows, you'll be charged at the end of the cruise"
Ok, not taking the red pillows, I will however take the H2O that you so generously left in my room for me to use AT MY LEISURE, whether that be on the cruise, at my next hotel, or at home.

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

Old 06-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #92
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

I must be the only person who never gets a stateroom hosts that leaves me extras. Ever. I've gotten to the point (twice now) where I needed to call down to housekeeping for extras as I'm stepping into the shower bc I didn't notice that I've already run out.

It was so bad that I literally had no bar soap to use, and DH had to prop the door open and ask our host guy for some straight from his cart.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #93
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post

It's interesting which subjects bring the lurkers out.

I support and welcome all first timers regardless of subject or content.
I agree! We all have different opinions, and that is part of what has made the world what it is today.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #94
pfp258
Mouseketeer

Bug, I completely agree with you. People who hoard or feel they are entitled to something just because it is put in their room as a nicety simply have a different mentality than others including myself. I like the products but typically use my own from home. By no means have I ever thought of stashing the products so that they could be replaced for me to continue stashing and finally bring home a bag full of shampoo, conditioner and body wash. It seems that those that feel the need to load up on toiletries to bring home because they are "included" in the price of the cruise are the of the same mind set of those that do extreme couponing. If I collect lots of coupons and can get something cheap or gasp, free, you should take it. Our society needs to understand that there is much waste that happens and costs get driven up when everyone takes things they consider free or complimentary....free maps, free toiletries, free sugar packets at the restaurant etc. please enjoy and use while on board, but please don't load up a bag of toiletries. It just isn't mature or classy.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #95
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfp258 View Post
Bug, I completely agree with you. People who hoard or feel they are entitled to something just because it is put in their room as a nicety simply have a different mentality than others including myself. I like the products but typically use my own from home. By no means have I ever thought of stashing the products so that they could be replaced for me to continue stashing and finally bring home a bag full of shampoo, conditioner and body wash. It seems that those that feel the need to load up on toiletries to bring home because they are "included" in the price of the cruise are the of the same mind set of those that do extreme couponing. If I collect lots of coupons and can get something cheap or gasp, free, you should take it. Our society needs to understand that there is much waste that happens and costs get driven up when everyone takes things they consider free or complimentary....free maps, free toiletries, free sugar packets at the restaurant etc. please enjoy and use while on board, but please don't load up a bag of toiletries. It just isn't mature or classy.
please let me clarify that i DON'T take things just because they are free. if i can't use it i don't take it. if i can use it and its free or complimentary i do and will. there is no waste to what i do and i doubt there is waste to anyone else who does this.
your welcome to your opinion but please do not judge me. if you don't want to take then don't and i promise you i will not waste a thing. you can keep thinking i'm not mature or classy, i'll keep using the 'free' shampoo.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #96
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
If they didn't want me to have them they wouldn't keep leaving them, would they?

It's a little nicety after i've paid upwards of $3k to be on the ship for 7 nights, so yeah, the small shampoo, conditioner etc that gets left in my room (probably totalling retail $35USD) gets to come home with me. And I would buy H2O except that the cost to have this stuff posted to Australia is ridiculous.
It doesn't get wasted when I get home, it gets used, and as long as they keep leaving them i'll keep taking them.
It isn't mature or classy? meh Do you run a charm school?
Get a grip people.

(I also take the headphone's on flights if they're free, I take the pretzels, 5 packets they gave my son last time, I take the complimentary toothpaste and toothbrush)

GASP, i'm really, really lacking in maturity and class

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

Old 06-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #97
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

You know what is mature and classy though? Making broad, sweeping judgments about people based on how many bottles of shampoo they take.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

Old 06-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #98
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post

No, it won't affect the price of cruising at all. They have already factored in how many little bottles people take with them and how many are used each cruise. Disney GIVES these to us, knowing full well people use them AND take some home.

Your opinion about the morality issue is just your opinion, and I respect you for having it. Your statement about it increasing the price of cruising is 100% incorrect.
Not to mention DCL gets this stuff for basically free. It is H2O that has an increased cost. Disney is not buying it because they love us. H2O is placing it to get you hooked
Old 06-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #99
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
You know what is mature and classy though? Making broad, sweeping judgments about people based on how many bottles of shampoo they take.
Exactly! Classy people don't resort to name calling.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #100
jimsubry
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure Disney makes up what it loses on sample sizes with what they charge for full-size bottles! Really, shampoo probably costs pennies to manufacture!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #101
swimfly
Mouseketeer

This thread is flippn hilarious. Wonder if DCL/WDW will start charging my family more bc DD and I both have long thick hair and use a bottle each/day?!?! Am I still within their proper consumption parameters?

Old 06-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #102
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Well, I NEVER take the shower caps. Ever. Even though there are some good use for them.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=0
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
Old 06-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #103
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Quote:
Our society needs to understand that there is much waste that happens and costs get driven up when everyone takes things they consider free or complimentary....free maps, free toiletries, free sugar packets at the restaurant etc.
If it is being used, it is not being wasted. If someone uses a small bit, and it gets thrown out-wasted. If someone takes it home and never, ever uses it-wasted. Although I used to keep the old Mickey soaps in packages that you could stack and there was a picture of Mickey on the bathroom counter as a decoration. (we did eventually use it, though!)

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Old 06-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #104
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Not to mention DCL gets this stuff for basically free. It is H2O that has an increased cost. Disney is not buying it because they love us. H2O is placing it to get you hooked
Is this a known fact?

I have worked for several large hotel chains all using name brand amenities and they are all paid for by the hotel and probably more expensive then you would think.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #105
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmommy View Post

Is this a known fact?

I have worked for several large hotel chains all using name brand amenities and they are all paid for by the hotel and probably more expensive then you would think.
Very good point. No matter what side you are on, nobody knows for fact if or how much Disney pays for he extra amenities.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: