Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
Disneyworld Kirk
Earning My Ears

Travelocity hotel and tickets question...

Hi everyone!

A backstory in case you're interested:

I tried booking Pop with Travelocity (they had the same deal as Disney plus 15 percent of your order) 2 weeks ago...bad idea...booked Aug. 24-30 at the Pop with 4 day park hoppers plus water park and more plus 2 days free (so in essence, 6 day for the price of 4)...I also used ebates so my savings was pretty good...
Then I found out my daughters school starts that week. This was going to be our 10 year anniversary trip (Aug. 23) and a total surprise for my wife as I stuck some money aside the past little while to do something like this...and yes we LOVE the Pop...and stayed at WL in January...but she missed the Pop (even though she loved the WL).
So I checked rates for the week before (Aug. 17-23) and it was the same. I called Travelocity about 4-5 times that week (first week of June) and kept getting the runaround...first it was "I can change hotel but not ticket dates..."
Next time call back, "I will fax it and it will take 24 hours, check back..."
24 hours later, "I will check with hotel, hold please..." 20 minutes on hold..."They never received it...I fax again...should be done tomorrow...call back then..."
Next day nothing, called them again, "I will check with hotel, hold please..." then same deal.
This happed 6 times and then they told me to call Pop Century and tell them to change it...I called Pop (call center) and they said "This is notorious for them and they know we can't...talk to a supervisor and good luck."
I called and supposed to get a call back from a supervisor...nothing.
I called next day and got one and he said he'd check...on hold again for 20 minutes and he said he'd FAX it and if they don't get it he'll email the change. I said "Tickets AND hotel right?" He said YES.
Next day he called and said "Done." I checked MDE ressie...CHANGED to the right dates...BUT my voucher for tickets and ressie in Travelocity system STILL says 24-30th...
Called and Travelocity said it will work...but I'm nervous...I wanna see those dates changed...

Anyone ever go through this and what happened? I just want my tickets to work!

I also called to book Magical Express and Disney needed 12 digit number...Travelocity said they only have the 7 digit and 11 digit ones and that those would work...no 12 digit Disney ressie on file...so I called and the lady at Disney ME gave it to me...THANK GOD for DISNEY customer service...NEVER NEVER NEVER booking with Travelocity AGAIN!

Thanks for letting me rant!

Kirk
2000-All Star Movies
2002-All Star Music
2003-Carribean Beach Resort (HONEYMOON!!!)
2005-Pop Century
2009-Pop Century
2011-Wilderness Lodge
2013-Wilderness Lodge
2013-Pop Century (10th ANNIVERSARY!!!)
2014-Pop Century
Disneyworld Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

First of all, anyone who gave me the run around would not be getting my business.

Second, if it is the same discount, why go through the hassle of booking with a third party broker and not go directly with Disney or a TA that is going to get you better service and has your best interest at heart.
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Disneyworld Kirk
Earning My Ears

Missytara-Trust me...NEVER again! Problem is the tickets are non-refundable. To get the discount it was a pay upfront deal. I would lose 100.00 for the room and 700+ for the tickets and only get 350.00 refunded.
I have never used a 3rd party and always booked straight with Disney.
We had gone earlier this year and this was to be a cheaper trip. If I could save I could save was my thoughts...live and learn.
Now back to my topic...has anyone else moved dates for hotel AND tickets and if so how did it work?
Thanks,
Kirk
2000-All Star Movies
2002-All Star Music
2005-Pop Century
2009-Pop Century
2011-Wilderness Lodge
2013-Wilderness Lodge
2014-Pop Century
Old 06-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
Disneyworld Kirk
Earning My Ears

Oh, and the discount was the same but there was a 15% off total order ON TOP of it...so I got 15% off the discounted tickets and discounted room. So I saved about 250-300 dollars...plus the ebates cash back.
THAT is why I did it.
2000-All Star Movies
2002-All Star Music
2005-Pop Century
2009-Pop Century
2011-Wilderness Lodge
2013-Wilderness Lodge
2014-Pop Century

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: