Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
dizzyc
Earning My Ears

AoA family suite - extra rollaway bed?

We are a family of 7 (2 adults and 5 kids) who want to stay for one night at Disney so we can feel the Disney magic, but we are on a tight budget. Are we able to book a family suite at AoA and ask for an extra rollaway bed as it's only for one night, or would this not be allowed?

I take it that it's not allowed to say we have 6 staying but then sneak the 7th one in?

Edited to add : I know we could book 2 smaller rooms but we have 3 teenage lads and I don't think they'd be too impressed with Little Mermaid! Like the look of finding nemo area
dizzyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Unless you have one person under the age of 3 you won't fit. They won't allow you to book an AoA suite.

Are you stuck on AoA? 2 rooms at an All Star would be a little cheaper.
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
momof3ds
Mouseketeer

There is nowhere in an aoa suite that a roll away bed woud fit. And I don't think it's an option either.
momof3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyc View Post
We are a family of 7 (2 adults and 5 kids) who want to stay for one night at Disney so we can feel the Disney magic, but we are on a tight budget. Are we able to book a family suite at AoA and ask for an extra rollaway bed as it's only for one night, or would this not be allowed?

I take it that it's not allowed to say we have 6 staying but then sneak the 7th one in?

Edited to add : I know we could book 2 smaller rooms but we have 3 teenage lads and I don't think they'd be too impressed with Little Mermaid! Like the look of finding nemo area
Why not get 2 value rooms in All Star Sports? That would be a max of 8. Request connecting, even if you don't get it your group would only be split up for 1 night (1 adult per room, up to 3 kids).
Old 06-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

You will not be allowed to book a family suite at AoA with a party of 7 unless there is a child under 3 in your party. Two rooms at POP Century or one of the All Stars would be cheaper and still provide that Disney magic!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: