Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #31
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan73 View Post
Don't ice buckets come with plastic liners?? I recall at hotrls there's usually i clear plastic bag inside.
Yes, everywhere I have stayed has a new plastic bag to go inside so the ice never really touches the inside of the bucket.

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

mickey1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #32
cedh
Earning My Ears

We have stayed at POP with 4 in room (DH, DS 10, DS 8, myself). I get 2collapsable storage cubes (I think they are 10x10x10"). I pack the boys clothes for an outfit each day in a ziplock bag (tee shirt, short, undie). If you fold clothes really flat and get the air out of ziplog bag, you can fit about 7 bags in each cube. I keep the cubes on floor in closet.
I used to use the over closet rod storage (I think it's for sweaters..there are 6 compartments) but the kids clothes were too heavy for it. It would work for little kids as there clothes are smaller.
I get 2 pop up hampers for under the sink; one for dirty clothes, one for shoes
We keep suitcases next to kids bed on inside wall
Small collapsable cube to keep on tv stand for keys, change, maps
cedh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #33
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Love the collapsable cube idea!
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #34
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

There are 4 of us. We Tavel fairly light and DD(20) is learning. Each person gets one suitcase and one drawer and is in charge of their own stuff. Toiletries go on the the vanity and are kept in a makeup bag, one for me and one for DD. DH has his travel bag with razor deordant and such. DS throws deordant in suitcase and needs nothing else. Dirty clothes go in the suitcase. The amount of shoes is never a problem cuz remember, everyone's things must fit in one suitcase and this year we are only bringing carry ons We bring this folding contraption from the container store to hang bathing suits.

Electronics: iPad (no more laptop for DH to check work stuff thank goodness), and 4 phones. That is it. Not bring extra chargers.

When DD was small, her socks, hair bows and such were kept in separate baggies. Sure wish I would thought of keeping entire outfits together

Thank u for the tips!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #35
Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedh View Post
We have stayed at POP with 4 in room (DH, DS 10, DS 8, myself). I get 2collapsable storage cubes (I think they are 10x10x10"). I pack the boys clothes for an outfit each day in a ziplock bag (tee shirt, short, undie). If you fold clothes really flat and get the air out of ziplog bag, you can fit about 7 bags in each cube. I keep the cubes on floor in closet.
I used to use the over closet rod storage (I think it's for sweaters..there are 6 compartments) but the kids clothes were too heavy for it. It would work for little kids as there clothes are smaller.
I get 2 pop up hampers for under the sink; one for dirty clothes, one for shoes
We keep suitcases next to kids bed on inside wall
Small collapsable cube to keep on tv stand for keys, change, maps
Love the cube idea!
Sunnyday3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #36
katiee37
DIS Veteran

For me, all dirty laundry goes into a trash bag which is then packed into the suitcase to take home and wash. I usually get travel sized toiletries, especially those toothbrushes that are two pieces, all of which I can throw out when we leave. Makes for more souvenir space! I never use the drawers even for dirty clothes because God only knows what's been in them and I highly doubt housekeeping cleans the inside of every drawer in every room every time someone leaves.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #37
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

There are many great threads with packing and room organization ideas on the tips board too....sorry, many of you will now be there making more lists!

People, a thing on germs....don't fret the drawers, put your clothing in there and relax, you touch, sit on, lean against, etc tons of things in your daily life that are flithy and full of germs, some of this is GOOD for us, it's how we build our immunities. Use common sense, wash your hands, and if it makes you feel better, wipe the drawers with a wipe. The last two trips I have brought the wipes, and been so excited, I still just put my stuff in the drawers without wiping so I could organize our room and get going!

Disclaimer on unpacking - our room at Yacht Club flooded last week due to a pipe breaking in the floor - thankfully, I was all unpacked an things were in drawers except the pop up hamper with dirty clothes and our shoes. Make sure to keep electronics off the floor as well.

I like the idea of the shoe organizer for the toiletries and bath items, but I have always found plenty of room on the counter to neatly store these things (I keep them in zip locks and those free gift with purchase Clinique bags) Pop up hamper and clothes pins are a must for me. I also bring a room spray from Bath and Body for the bathroom, then that scent reminds us of Disney the rest of the year.

head over to the tips board - all you type A's will love it there! I do!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Beach Club

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #38
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunches View Post
We travel light since extra baggage costs more. We pack enough clothes for half the trip. Midweek whiile the kids are swimming I do a couple of loads of laundry. It cuts down on a lot of our clutter.
This is a great tip! I do the same thing. I know that lots of people say "I would never do laundry on my vacation!" but you can hang by the pool while the laundry is going. To me, it's totally worth it so I won't overpack!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #39
stormer
DIS Veteran

We do laundry by the pool also. The pop up hampers from Dollar Tree have handles so you can carry the dirty clothes to the laundry room.
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #40
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegirl View Post
Okay....I have read every post, and I still can't get past the dirty laundry in the drawer, or the creative use for the ice bucket. With those thoughts in mind, I think I will use the tip about packing outfits in ziplock bags, and I will never use a hotel ice bucket for the rest of my life. Of course I am that person who will not let anyone touch anything in the room until my mini can of Lysol is empty, and I have checked out the beds.
HEE HEE!!! I am with you! My husband complains that noone can breath in our room for several hours due to the lysol fog! I also, bring my own sheets and blankets and clorox the bathroom!
Blessedwith3boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: