DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
rpk1951
DIS Veteran

A towel/wash cloth question on quantities?

I have been searching for the number of towel(s) and washcloth(s) you are supposed to receive on check in and on day 4 trash and towel day. I cannot find it. Please point me to the information or tell me what is supposed to be there. We are just back and had 2 adults and a DS age 7. On check in we had 6 towels and 9 wash cloths. On day 4 for trash and towel change we got 3 towels and 3 wash cloths. I am actually Ok with the towels, but am not thinking reusing wash cloths is a good thing. Please let me know what should be.
In an attempt to get thye question answered at the hotel, we encountered a comedy of errors. They assumed we wanted hand towels which I never mentioned. I ended up getting 16 hand towels which is a waste, but the two people I spoke with could not understand the question.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
nabi
Home at Disney often!

What was your question? Couldn't understand...

I never counted... now I will be (see what you did!)
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
hakepb
DIS Veteran

I think it somewhat depends on where you stay (ie Kidani and BLT units with extra bathrooms get extra bath sets)
But generally its 4 towels and 2 each of hand towels and washcloths per bathroom.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts...room-inventory
Old 06-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
rpk1951
DIS Veteran

I thought it might depend on the number of people. If four people are in a studio, it is tough for them to sgare 2 wash cloths. Guess you always need to buy a towelo pack if you have more than two in a room.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpk1951 View Post
I thought it might depend on the number of people. If four people are in a studio, it is tough for them to sgare 2 wash cloths. Guess you always need to buy a towelo pack if you have more than two in a room.
Should be 4 bath towels, 4 wash cloths, 2 hand towels, 1 bath mat
Old 06-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
DisWitt
Fan of Disney 1.0 - aka Disneyland

Contrary to what is "supposed" to happen, I have never been denied extra towels of any kind when I've called. Yes, we have had our miscommunications, too, and been loaded with washcloths or hand towels, but I just toss them in the closest.

On reusing a washcloth, I rinse them out well and hang to dry and never had an issue unless it was soiled with something that I wouldn't want ANY chance of touching me again.

Aulani Owner since 7/2010
Old 06-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
christianweecare
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisWitt View Post
Contrary to what is "supposed" to happen, I have never been denied extra towels of any kind when I've called. Yes, we have had our miscommunications, too, and been loaded with washcloths or hand towels, but I just toss them in the closest.

On reusing a washcloth, I rinse them out well and hang to dry and never had an issue unless it was soiled with something that I wouldn't want ANY chance of touching me again.
It's nice to know that they will be bring extra.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
lorigacc
Mouseketeer

They do not always bring more. I have called for additional towels or washcloths and was directed to the number to call to get a set (for a cost). With what I pay monthly for DVC...I do not feel I should have to pay extra for more towels. Honestly...I will borrow a couple towels from the pool area before I will pay for more towels. I believe that is one of the things that needs to be changed.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigacc View Post
They do not always bring more. I have called for additional towels or washcloths and was directed to the number to call to get a set (for a cost). With what I pay monthly for DVC...I do not feel I should have to pay extra for more towels. Honestly...I will borrow a couple towels from the pool area before I will pay for more towels. I believe that is one of the things that needs to be changed.
If extra towels were free, everyone would be calling for them and dues would go up to pay for it. DVC is a timeshare, not a hotel, members pay for all expenses. I think the current system of only charging those who want extra is fair (unless they were shorted when they checked in or on a scheduled housekeeping day).
Old 06-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post

If extra towels were free, everyone would be calling for them and dues would go up to pay for it. DVC is a timeshare, not a hotel, members pay for all expenses. I think the current system of only charging those who want extra is fair (unless they were shorted when they checked in or on a scheduled housekeeping day).
We totally agree with you! I've never had a problem using what is provided. We , 3 of us have ample towels. If we didnt I would order an extra set and happily pay for them.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

I just through them in the washer if I need fresh.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #12
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigacc View Post
They do not always bring more. I have called for additional towels or washcloths and was directed to the number to call to get a set (for a cost).
And that is what should happen. As timeshare owners, we pay for everything we get through our annual dues. DVC provides a reasonable number of towels and changes them out every four days. If your family wants more towels, you should pay for them. The other owners should not be expected to cover that expense.

Quote:
With what I pay monthly for DVC...I do not feel I should have to pay extra for more towels.
But that is exactly what WOULD happen. If we all got more towels then dues would go up and you would be paying more every month.

Quote:
Honestly...I will borrow a couple towels from the pool area before I will pay for more towels. I believe that is one of the things that needs to be changed.
But that cost gets passed on to your fellow owners as well, through the cost of laundering the extra pool towels. If you want more towels, please pay for them rather than passing the cost on to your fellow owners.

Last edited by LisaS; 06-14-2013 at 10:49 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 06-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #13
eyor44
DIS Veteran

When we stay in a studio, I bring extra from home. When we stay in a unit with a washer and dryer, I just wash what we need.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #14
lorigacc
Mouseketeer

I DO believe what I pay in dues should cover the USE of a couple extra towels. I also believe my choice to borrow a pool towel is NOT going to affect any body else's dues. So....if the folks paying for a cash room can get extra towels, without a cost....why should it be different for me? I love Disney...visit 2 to 3 times a year...and spend a lot of money there...I think we should not be charged to use an extra towel or two. just my opinion....sorry to rile everyone up....but I bet there are some others that feel the same way.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #15
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

I don't think that the usage of towels or air conditioning or sheets or washer/dryer or other similar will ever be equal for every family. The wear and tear DH and I inflict will not be the same as a family of 4 or 5. We almost never use the pool so don't use those towels. We don't have spills and sticky fingers on the upholstery. So what? Everything evens out in the end and dues will be what they will be. I am not at all worried.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: