Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
michellejed
DIS Veteran

Question Would you pay OoP or DDP if you were going during F&W?

I think we will be spending several nights at Epcot during our 7 days and it is also the F&W fest, so would you do the DDP or Pay out of pocket?
My thinking is we will do so much food with the F&W that we won't want to do sit downs and lunch for sit downs just isn't as good a use of the DDP.

Thanks
michellejed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
princesspooh323
Mouseketeer

I have been debating the same thing. I think we are going to do dining, since my boys are 5 and 9, and I am not sure how much they will like of the food and wine. This way I know that we are getting in a few balanced meals. Plus having never been and the fact that we will be going to MNSSHP on Thursday and then only have Friday and the weekend, I worry about lines. I figure that we can use snack credits to sample and bring down some extra gift cards. I would love other people's thoughts.

I also know that many people don't always find the dining plan cost effective, but I like paying ahead and having our meals arranged.

Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Village/ Swan October 2013, Coronado Springs/Beach Club Villas/ Pop Century June & July 2013, Pop Century/Bay Lake Towers Aug 2012, Polynesian/Caribbean Beach Aug 2011, All Star Music/Port Orleans French Quarter June 2009, Wyndam Lake Buena Vista Resort August 2002, Many offsite stays pre 2002

princesspooh323 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
corneredbycorn
Mouseketeer

OOP for us. We did the same thing during the Flower and Garden festival last month and it worked out great. We only ate one counter service meal the entire trip. The rest we the food booths and a few table service.

corneredbycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
Dis703
DIS Veteran

DDP costs us more than paying OOP regardless of when we go but for F&W I imagine it would be even more wasteful for us as we could easily make a meal out of snacking through the countries. We actually had a hard time using all of our credits the one time we had free dining. Part of that was because I got sick so we missed a couple ADRs but thinking back all the F&W snacking we did probably effected things as well.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellejed View Post
I think we will be spending several nights at Epcot during our 7 days and it is also the F&W fest, so would you do the DDP or Pay out of pocket?
My thinking is we will do so much food with the F&W that we won't want to do sit downs and lunch for sit downs just isn't as good a use of the DDP.

Thanks
Our last 2 trips we dd the DxDP but this fall we decided to pay OOP since we will be going during F&W and spending 3 days there. The ADRs I have planned are mostly breakfasts and a Dinner & Lunch at MK on two separate dys.

I have 1 ADR at our resort on a non park day too.

I do have two ADRs at Epcot both for Dinner will play it by ear whether we keep them or not, all depends if we are piggies at te F&W kiosks

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
michellejed
DIS Veteran

Thanks all for the info!
I am leaning towards the OoP also knowing we will snack around the world almost every night
michellejed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
lmjbrb
Earning My Ears

I have the same dilemma. We are going F&W this year. I wish the QSDP still had 2 snack per day, that would be an easy decision.

I feel that OOP is most economical.

But,,

We are going to try TIW this year along with QSDP.
lmjbrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #8
katiee37
DIS Veteran

I would go OoP. To my knowledge a lot of F&W options are snack credits, which you only get 1-2 of depending on your plan. And any QS options you do aren't economical on the Deluxe plan.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #9
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellejed View Post

Thanks
I would never do any table service places during the Food and Wine Festival. Two years ago, we met with my dad and stepmother and my dad (wheelchair bound) wanted to eat at Rainforest Cafe so we said "sure". Kicked our butts and we couldn't even look at the Festival offerings. We wasted an evening at the Festival. Never again.

We are going this year and while I would LOVE to eat at certain places, the focus is Food at the Festival. Not even sure we will do counter service as the Festival stuff is better in our opinion. And we get more throughout the day.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: