Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #31
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
Maybe we should start a post to stop wasting Coke or they will replace it with a cheap brand
OMG. *shudder*.... R.C. Cola... You're right! We should do this! Pitchforks people! Pitchforks and torches!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #32
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Maybe Disney considers the pilfered toiletries as marketing materials. I know every time I use the lotion the smell of it makes me want to book another cruise.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #33
FJS961
DIS Veteran

My DW is the toiletry hoarder. Perhaps that comment belongs in the "confessions" thread.

The shampoo / conditioner isn't such a superior product BUT its really nice to use it and the smell takes me right back to a great DCL cruise memory. Memories are very strongly linked to our sense of smell.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #34
Moxin
Mouseketeer

I can't believe the ruffled feathers I'm seeing in this thread...as if DCL is going to be hurting financially due to people taking home some of the H20 products to the point they'd have to raise the cost of the cruise to compensate.

Come on folks, let's use a little common sense here...DCL factors all of this in, and they know how popular the little vials are; they have no issue with folks taking them home, none.

Take them, and enjoy them, Disney knows all about this, and they simply don't care.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #35
owensjro
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
Maybe Disney considers the pilfered toiletries as marketing materials. I know every time I use the lotion the smell of it makes me want to book another cruise.
We put them in our guest bath so our guests will be encouraged to take DCL cruises. Free marketing for them

Now if only we ever had any guests over....

Jim
Disney Magic 7N Eastern - 1/17/09
Disney Magic 7N Eastern - 12/19/09
Disney Wonder B2B 5N KeyWest/5N DoubleDip - 6/8/10, 6/13/10
Disney Magic 14N TransAtlantic - 5/14/11
Disney Fantasy B2B 7N Eastern/Western - 6/29/13, 7/6/13
Disney Magic 12N Northern Europe - 7/22/15
Old 06-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #36
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
So let me get this straight.

If my family and I wash our hair each day using up the products Disney has provided (and we have paid for as part of our cruise fare), then we are doing nothing wrong.

But if we bring our own products onboard, use those, and then take Disney's home with us, we are somehow stealing, sending a bad message to my son, and/or doing an injustice to other customers????

Sorry, but some of these arguments make no sense to me whatsoever.

Likewise, you can only use the postcard if you plan on mailing it from the ship. That pen? Don't dare take it off either, even if the CM at guest services tells you to "keep it and take another." You probably misunderstood and you are putting him/her in a bad position.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #37
becpee
I see sock puppets

Not a fan then?

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

Old 06-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #38
Moxin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Not a fan then?

You go girl!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #39
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not a fan then?
I have to ask. Is this all from one cruise?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #40
Disneynanny
Mrs. Captain Mickey

I thought I was the only one that did that LOL

Well they are cheap gifts to give co-workers. However a few co-workers after the third cruise were honest with me and said they have thier own special shampoo. So this cruise, I didn't weigh down my luggage with any Disney Cruise Line bath amenities.
But I figure the price of the cruise includes these items.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #41
Disneynanny
Mrs. Captain Mickey

I don't these on my deck.

Quote:
Not a fan then?

WOW.For what you pay for your suite,you deserve to take them. LOL
Old 06-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #42
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxin View Post
I can't believe the ruffled feathers I'm seeing in this thread...as if DCL is going to be hurting financially due to people taking home some of the H20 products to the point they'd have to raise the cost of the cruise to compensate.

Come on folks, let's use a little common sense here...DCL factors all of this in, and they know how popular the little vials are; they have no issue with folks taking them home, none.

Take them, and enjoy them, Disney knows all about this, and they simply don't care.
I just used the shampoo and conditioner this morning and I love smelling it. I have the lotion on my desk at work. Yesterday I went to the Disney outlet to buy the shower gel but they didn't have any, only the conditioner at $18/12 oz. Too much.

If DCL cared, they'd put out a certain amount at the beginning of the cruise and not provide extras during the cruise. They provide all you want. My daughters and I can use a tube per day as we all have long hair while a family of 3 guys might have a tube of shampoo for the entire cruise. We asked for extra lotion on the last day and our host left 6 (yes SIX) tubes - did she think we were going to use 6 in one night? I don't think so.

I don't understand people taking it to give to the shelters. Give the Holiday Inn soaps and shampoos away but keep the DCL for yourself.

Nancy
Old 06-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #43
nicbic97
Mouseketeer

Maybe cost is an issue when people take excessive amounts. If it wasn't, why did they stop providing the body butter?

5/15/99-18th b-day visit to MK, 9/28/12-MNSSHP, 9/29/12-10/6/12-Fantasy Western, 5/12/13-5/16/13-Dream 4 day Bahamaian, 11/10/13-11/15/13-Magic 5 day Western, 12/30/13-1/3/14-ASMo, 6/2/14-6/9/14-Alaskan Wonder
Old 06-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #44
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordMomof2 View Post
I have to ask. Is this all from one cruise?
Thats a 5 week trip including staying in hotel accommodation and a 7 night cruise.

I love getting home at the end of my working week and my DH has cleaned up and put out fresh towels and put a set of these sitting on top of my freshly laundered towel

I can always pretend

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

Old 06-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #45
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLgal View Post
Seriously. If you can afford a Disney Cruise, you can afford to go to h20plus.com and buy some full sized bottles of the stuff (including the coveted body butter) when you get home to use all year long.

It's not that expensive.

http://www.h2oplus.com/category/bath...ies.do?nType=1
That's sort of a moot point. It's a little like saying that if you can afford to cruise concierge then you should be able to afford to buy your own drinks instead of drinking the free ones they pass out to you during the cocktail hour. (Or whatever it's called - says the person who cruises quite comfortably and happy in steerage class thankyouverymuch.) Anyone on a Disney cruise can afford shampoo by why in the world would you not take the free stuff they keep putting more and more and more of in your room?

Also if it's not that expensive then it's not big hardship for Disney to provide it.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: