Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #16
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

So let me get this straight.

If my family and I wash our hair each day using up the products Disney has provided (and we have paid for as part of our cruise fare), then we are doing nothing wrong.

But if we bring our own products onboard, use those, and then take Disney's home with us, we are somehow stealing, sending a bad message to my son, and/or doing an injustice to other customers????

Sorry, but some of these arguments make no sense to me whatsoever.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #17
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
Believe me, at least 30 bottles of that stuff is included in your cruise fare. Take it home.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #18
Prose
DIS Veteran

Not to go too far off topic, but - since I hear that they have changed the body butter to lotion in the staterooms, can you still buy the large tubes of the thick body butter on board? Love that stuff!
Disney Cruise on the WONDER March '08
WONDER cruise to Alaska June '11
Awesome trip to WDW October 2012 MNSSHP
Sailed the Eastern on the Fantasy 10/19/13
Sailed the Western on the Fantasy 10/11/14
Old 06-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #19
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
Believe me, at least 30 bottles of that stuff is included in your cruise fare. Take it home.

YUP! ITA!! Disney has HUNDREDS of number crunchers working for them . It is worked into the price of the cruise (people taking things home is more than factored in - for Hotels, Cruises, any trip for that matter).Their bottom line is MORE than covered.

Last edited by Donna3271; 06-16-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #20
becpee
I see sock puppets

I have a vanity drawer full of products I have collected from places we've stayed at (including DCL).
If they didn't want me to take them they wouldn't keep leaving new ones to replace the ones i've placed in my suitcase.

It's not like it's one of those gorgeous DCL pillows, those aren't included in my cruise fare and they'll bill me if I take one of those...

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

Old 06-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #21
DLgal
DIS Veteran

Seriously. If you can afford a Disney Cruise, you can afford to go to h20plus.com and buy some full sized bottles of the stuff (including the coveted body butter) when you get home to use all year long.

It's not that expensive.

http://www.h2oplus.com/category/bath...ies.do?nType=1
Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #22
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLgal View Post
Seriously. If you can afford a Disney Cruise, you can afford to go to h20plus.com and buy some full sized bottles of the stuff (including the coveted body butter) when you get home to use all year long.

It's not that expensive.
Why would I do that? DCL let me have it...

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

Old 06-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #23
NACFl
Mouseketeer

I don't hog them and come home with half a suitcase of them, but I do grab the unopened bottles at the end of each day (no matter where I'm staying-cruise ship or hotel) so I can bring them home and donate them to my local VA hospital. The patients appreciate little luxuries.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #24
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Bah, enjoy the H2O as much as you want. Any hotel that uses nice stuff has hoarders. EVERY hotel and cruise line keepa that in consideration. It isn't a big deal. :-)
Old 06-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #25
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLgal

It's not that expensive.

http://www.h2oplus.com/category/bath...ies.do?nType=1
No thank you.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

Old 06-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #26
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
Bah, enjoy the H2O as much as you want. Any hotel that uses nice stuff has hoarders. EVERY hotel and cruise line keepa that in consideration. It isn't a big deal. :-)
Old 06-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #27
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Maybe we should start a post to stop wasting Coke or they will replace it with a cheap brand
Old 06-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #28
kimpossible
DIS Veteran

Is DCL using the grapefruit ones that are in WDW or still using the spa ones that smell like noxema. I like WDW's one's they are using now. They are okay for a short use.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #29
canyoncam
Mouseketeer

I have the soaps & shampoos from every hotel, resort, cruise I've ever been to. And yes some of them are so nice they have filled up half my suitcase (only my small one). They make excellent gifts, come in handy when you have ti stay with the relatives, plus who knows when you will run out of money and have to use them as your only product!

I hAve worked for resorts where they do lower the quality of the product to save themselves money but they never had a contract like Disney has with H2O. But if ever Disney does scrimp then I am supplied;-)
Old 06-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #30
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
is this another 'I choose a room directly below the pool deck so I can hear the second that the chairs are being arranged/set up for the day' thread cause this is just silly talk. if I didn't take home two dozen I wouldn't be able to be applying it to myself right now.
seriously, I do take some home and the room attendant always knows and always leaves extra. i'm not holding a gun to his head and i'm pretty sure dcl knows people take some home. it can't be that big a secret.
I have booked cruises for my children which they will receive as a xmas gift and I plan to bring some home from my 'not to far away cruise' to put in a dcl xmas package i'm making up for them. as a pp said, when it comes down to paying a thousand plus a day, i'm pretty sure dcl will not bat an eye.
just my thought.
Sorry Tink, I'm actually serious about this one. But Meh, as others have said, I can see how other people would not see this as a big deal.

I'm sure the products are considered free/complimentary, but this is only to a point.

Now that you mention it though, I'm kinda sad that I didn't do a post about a crazed toiletries hoarder frantically running around the ship, last night of their cruise because "IT'S NOT ENOUGH!!!"!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: