Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

Stop hogging all the H2O!!!

I love the H20 products, so do you I'm guessing. But seriously, if you don't stop hogging all the H2O products, DCL is eventually going to go to a lower end product.

I've seen an inordinate amount of mentions on these boards of people who strategically drain their stateroom of these products every day of their cruise to get fresh. Think about how many rooms on a ship may be doing this, how many cruise nights there are a year and the loss caused by this hair care hoarding.

Now, being a man, I can say that I don't really miss the body butter, but I sure as heck would miss the current high quality shampoo + conditioner on the cruise ships.

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking 1 full or nearly full tube of each home at the end of your cruise (I mean, they throw them out anyways to replace with fresh), but you people who are bringing half a suitcase load home... Stop it! Please.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bUg View Post
I love the H20 products, so do you I'm guessing. But seriously, if you don't stop hogging all the H2O products, DCL is eventually going to go to a lower end product.

I've seen an inordinate amount of mentions on these boards of people who strategically drain their stateroom of these products every day of their cruise to get fresh. Think about how many rooms on a ship may be doing this, how many cruise nights there are a year and the loss caused by this hair care hoarding.

Now, being a man, I can say that I don't really miss the body butter, but I sure as heck would miss the current high quality shampoo + conditioner on the cruise ships.

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking 1 full or nearly full tube of each home at the end of your cruise (I mean, they throw them out anyways to replace with fresh), but you people who are bringing half a suitcase load home... Stop it! Please.
You know what? You can have my shampoo. I use it on the ship, but it's not my favorite and I always leave that behind. The conditioner is the best thing my hair just loves it. And I use the lotion everyday.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
cheesehead3
Earning My Ears

Quote:

As the primary in-room amenities provider for Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club properties, H2O Plus is pleased to announce the expansion of a multi-year strategic alliance agreement that will extend the H2O Plus presence internationally. Through the new deal, H2O Plus products will now also be available at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawaii. In addition, H2O Plus will sponsor five runDisney races at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead3 View Post
As the primary in-room amenities provider for Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club properties, H2O Plus is pleased to announce the expansion of a multi-year strategic alliance agreement that will extend the H2O Plus presence internationally. Through the new deal, H2O Plus products will now also be available at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawaii. In addition, H2O Plus will sponsor five runDisney races at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
WOOT WOOT! Load em up

But seriously, that's some good information!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
Old 06-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
over50visits
DIS Veteran

An important point. Bath products are provided for our use onboard; taking full tubes home is....well...taking something that doesn't belong to you. Hurts us all, teaches children that small transgressions are okay, puts the room hosts in an uncomfortable position if you ask them if it is "okay" (as if they have that authority).

Small thing? To some. Use them, enjoy them, and look for them at stores when you return home. We really like them.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #6
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

We don't hoard them but on the first day when we meet our stateroom host/hostess, and they ask our preferences, we tell them:
1. We'd like ice 2x/day.
2. We'd like 2 Navigators in our stateroom.
3. We really like the body butter. (too bad it's now the lame, watery lotion.)

We leave it up to the SH how many they'd like to leave. Usually they toss in a few extra the last night after they get their tip too.

I'm not stealing them & not asking our SH to do anything against their rules. If I'm paying $1000/day to sail, I doubt a few tubes of lotion will ruin them.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:46 PM   #7
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by over50visits View Post
An important point. Bath products are provided for our use onboard; taking full tubes home is....well...taking something that doesn't belong to you. Hurts us all, teaches children that small transgressions are okay, puts the room hosts in an uncomfortable position if you ask them if it is "okay" (as if they have that authority).

Small thing? To some. Use them, enjoy them, and look for them at stores when you return home. We really like them.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I understand this.

I think the reason why I don't use hotel/cruise shampoos, etc., because I'm hoping it wasn't taken from a room and then put in my room. Just thinking of someone else opening it, smelling it, whatever, ew. Asking them to put plastic wrap at the opening is just more $$$. And if the top doesn't "crack" open like a water bottle ~ it's just eww to me. Wrapped soap, I'm okay with.

I'd prefer everyone to take their stuff home (used or not) and put new products in...that will crack when you open it. But that's just me. My thought, opinion. I would think no one would want any of my unused shampoo, condition, lotion as it has been by my sink with all my kids brushing their teeth and all my hair blow drying and all my hairspray and coughing, sneezes, etc (they are kept in the bathroom). ew. Take them. Please.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 06-16-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #9
Moxin
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You're kidding, right?
Old 06-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #10
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:

is this another 'I choose a room directly below the pool deck so I can hear the second that the chairs are being arranged/set up for the day' thread cause this is just silly talk. if I didn't take home two dozen I wouldn't be able to be applying it to myself right now.
seriously, I do take some home and the room attendant always knows and always leaves extra. i'm not holding a gun to his head and i'm pretty sure dcl knows people take some home. it can't be that big a secret.
I have booked cruises for my children which they will receive as a xmas gift and I plan to bring some home from my 'not to far away cruise' to put in a dcl xmas package i'm making up for them. as a pp said, when it comes down to paying a thousand plus a day, i'm pretty sure dcl will not bat an eye.
just my thought.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #11
maria-fan-22
DIS Veteran

I think you're over thinking the cost of these bottles. Part of the reason that Disney uses these products is because they can. The two companies have a contract. That contract includes a price, one much MUCH lower than what consumers pay to get the same product. Much like soda, these shampoos don't cost all that much to DCL. I don't think that's its ok to take half a suitcase home, but I couple bottles won't hurt. DCL just spent 1,800,000,000 on two new ships, they can afford the shampoo...

I'm on Twitter! @DCLdude

http://dcldude.webs.com/
Old 06-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #12
gracenfaith
Earning My Ears

Quote:

So does this mean they don't use new tubes on each cruise? Pretty sure they just throw away what the past guess didn't use, that would just be gross if they didn't!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #13
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Is the shampoo and conditioner really that high quality? It made my hair frizzy and dry. I felt no need to hoard it. I must admit I brought home three bottles of the lotion. I hope DCL will survive.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
Old 06-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #14
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Believe me, at least 30 bottles of that stuff is included in your cruise fare. Take it home.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

Old 06-16-2013, 12:42 AM   #15
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
I must admit I brought home three bottles of the lotion. I hope DCL will survive.
love you!! best response I have read today.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: