Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazmatic View Post
This may not be the popular opinion - but you won't have any problems swimming at each others resorts. If someone asks for a keycard, show them a keycard. One keycard per family is fine.
Once at Poly they asked for a key cards. This was in June and the pool was really crowded. And yes, we were staying there.
The only place you would have a problem is if you were staying at Yacht or Beach club. At AOA or POR, especially in Dec, the chance of you having a problem is well under 1%
Enjoy your vaca!
Yea, there is no question actually you will have no problem swimming in each others' pools. First off they don't really ever check anyone in any pool in my experience, but secondly even if they did, people in the party have key cards for that resort, there is no question here.

I am actually a little confused about the "rules" here, because we were just at POR and my wife and I scheduled 2 days (one over night) where 2 family members were supposed to be visiting us, we going to do resort days, chill out, hang by the pool, hit DTD at night for some fun ... and the Front desk told us no problem on both accounts.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #17
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Yea, there is no question actually you will have no problem swimming in each others' pools. First off they don't really ever check anyone in any pool in my experience, but secondly even if they did, people in the party have key cards for that resort, there is no question here.

I am actually a little confused about the "rules" here, because we were just at POR and my wife and I scheduled 2 days (one over night) where 2 family members were supposed to be visiting us, we going to do resort days, chill out, hang by the pool, hit DTD at night for some fun ... and the Front desk told us no problem on both accounts.
Actually there is a chance they will be asked. Even though you haven't run into it, sometimes they do check for resort IDs. And if they do they will ask to see everyone's, not just one persons.

As you have found out you can ask at the time, and can be told yes. But there is no way to know that ahead of the trip. If you ask ahead of time you will be told you need to swim where you have paid to stay. They can bend the rules for you, but you have to ask at the time.
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #18
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Folks, just a reminder that on the DISboards, we don't discuss ways to circumvent Disney rules.

OP, if you ask the lifeguards, and the pool isn't empty, they may allow the grandparents to swim with you. It would be more problematic at AoA, as that pool area is gated and a key card is required to enter. See our Pool Hopping FAQ sticky at the top of this board for more information.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: