DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #16
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTinking View Post
Thanks Missy, that's really useful information. Any intelligence around what to bid? Lots of conversations around ROFR, but haven't found much about the gap between the seller's ask and the buyer's bid. I see from the ROFR threads that there is a gap - should I take the average successful waiver price as a good place to start? Or maybe go lower and wait for the counter from the seller?
I just posted a bunch of info about actual sales prices for four resorts, albeit probably about 2 months out of date. Things haven't necessarily shot up a huge amount in 2 months, but they have gone up some.

If you are in a hurry and really want a contract soon, bid higher than average. If you are willing to wait, bid low and be ready to lose deals to overbids and ROFR. There's no magic.

Even if you bid high, you will usually save a significant amount over buying direct. On the other hand, bidding low will eventually get you some great deals albeit slowly.
dmunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #17
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTinking View Post
Thanks Missy, that's really useful information. Any intelligence around what to bid? Lots of conversations around ROFR, but haven't found much about the gap between the seller's ask and the buyer's bid. I see from the ROFR threads that there is a gap - should I take the average successful waiver price as a good place to start? Or maybe go lower and wait for the counter from the seller?
I would take a look at ROFR thread (and taking into account the higher prices in the past 2-3 months), start making bids at the lower end. If there's a contract that you have to have (right UY, perfect points, really loaded) don't worry about haggling every last dollar out of the sellers. Figure out what you want to spend and be patient enough to find that deal! Good luck.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #18
JustTinking
DVC Member since 2002

Thanks for the great advice. I will end up purchasing on the resale market, but am not in a hurry. Need some points for next May, so still have some time. Will spend the time reading the board and figuring out what all these acronyms mean - LOL!

JustTinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #19
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTinking
Thanks for the great advice. I will end up purchasing on the resale market, but am not in a hurry. Need some points for next May, so still have some time. Will spend the time reading the board and figuring out what all these acronyms mean - LOL!
Haha! It has taken me forever to find out the meanings!
Disney Mom Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #20
susanjf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryrunner262 View Post
We have been extremely happy with TSS so far. They have had great communication and the process has went super smooth and fast!!
I think we'll try there too. Saw a contract at Sell My Timeshare now - sent 3 e-mails and called once. No return call yet. Got an e-mail saying they would have someone get in touch. Had an e-mail asking for a good time to call - replied twice.. No call. So, thinking it's time to move on! Will contact TSS!
susanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #21
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

We had great experiences with DVC by Resale (Shontell) & TSS & their respective title companies (Timeshare, Title, & More for DVC by Resale & Magic Vacation Title for TSS). We found contracts that fit our needs & budget. The service was fast & professional with both brokers & title companies.

Last edited by NoleFan; 06-14-2013 at 08:41 AM.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #22
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We've had great experiences with TSS and DVC by resale...stay FAR away from sell my timeshare now. We waiting over a month before we heard from them...already had another offer accepted with DVC by Resale!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #23
susanjf
Earning My Ears

Great advice on here!

Will run fast from Sell My Timeshare Now - and move on to the ones recommended!
susanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #24
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

I have a few stupid questions.
1.) What is a distressed contract?
2.) Does it seem that Disney would be more inclined to take the contract if it is loaded? By loaded I am assuming that means with a lot of points banked and current points ready for use?
3.) What is the importance of UY? If I buy with a December UY, and decide to go in June, can I borrow from my December points?
4.) If I buy resale at SSR, can I then buy, say 25 points direct from Disney at VGF, and can't I use the SSR points at VGF if I book at the 7 month window?
5.) I know resale points are treated differently when it comes to staying anywhere other than a Disney resort, but if I buy 250 resale points then add 25 direct points are they separated and I only have the 25 points to use, say, on a cruise?
6.) If I buy at VBR, or HH, I don't really ever have to stay at these resorts right? I can stay at SSR if I book at 7 months?

OK that is enough for now..........

Thanks y'all. My husband is leaving it all up to me and I want to make sure I get it right!!!

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
racefanof88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #25
iluvthsgam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
I have a few stupid questions.
1.) What is a distressed contract?
Could mean a lot of things but generally the seller has to sell for reasons he/she doesn't want to (lost job, can't afford it anymore, needs money, etc.)

Quote:
2.) Does it seem that Disney would be more inclined to take the contract if it is loaded? By loaded I am assuming that means with a lot of points banked and current points ready for use?
Nobody knows, but it appears that way. But you never know

Quote:
3.) What is the importance of UY? If I buy with a December UY, and decide to go in June, can I borrow from my December points?
UY is only important for what happens if you cancel a trip. If you never cancel a trip then UY will rarely ever come into play. You can always borrow from the next UY now matter when you want to go. You can only bank points in the first 8 months, so if you have a December UY you have to bank them by the end of July. If you normally travel between August-end of November and have to cancel a trip you are past the banking window and cannot bank the points and now have to use them prior to November 30.

Quote:
4.) If I buy resale at SSR, can I then buy, say 25 points direct from Disney at VGF, and can't I use the SSR points at VGF if I book at the 7 month window?
Yes, once your membership is activated by Disney.

Quote:
5.) I know resale points are treated differently when it comes to staying anywhere other than a Disney resort, but if I buy 250 resale points then add 25 direct points are they separated and I only have the 25 points to use, say, on a cruise?
Yes.

Quote:
6.) If I buy at VBR, or HH, I don't really ever have to stay at these resorts right? I can stay at SSR if I book at 7 months?
Yes. Those have higher dues. If don't want to stay there and are always going to look at 7 months buy at SSR.
iluvthsgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #26
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

I wish any of the resale companies could keep their websites updated.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #27
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mom Dani View Post
I wish any of the resale companies could keep their websites updated.
I think they're all updated pretty quickly except for Fidelity. I've put in offers at both Timeshare Store and Resales DVC and they were marked Sale Pending within a few minutes.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #28
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunsil

I think they're all updated pretty quickly except for Fidelity. I've put in offers at both Timeshare Store and Resales DVC and they were marked Sale Pending within a few minutes.
That's strange. I called TSS & the agent told me that the listings I asked about were not current. He said that is the agents' biggest frustration with whoever does their web.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #29
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mom Dani View Post
That's strange. I called TSS & the agent told me that the listings I asked about were not current. He said that is the agents' biggest frustration with whoever does their web.
He would know, so my experience must have been unusual. They're waaaay more up to date than Fidelity. Way, way more.

How's your search going? Did you settle on a home resort?
Old 06-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #30
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunsil

How's your search going? Did you settle on a home resort?
It's going okay. Decided on AKV...but we're just having trouble finding the listings

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: