Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
jeni16
DIS Veteran

Coronado Springs Junior Suite (King) vs Deluxe

DH & I have always stayed Deluxe. Now that we have a son (who will be one at the time we go), we are thinking it would be nice to have the extra room and would like to stay in a one-bedroom.

One bedrooms are kind of pricey though. I've been researching our options & realized that Coronado Springs has Junior Suites that are about $200 cheaper per night than the Deluxe Hotels/Villas.

For those that are familiar with both the Coronado Springs Junior Suites & the Deluxe One Bedrooms, do you have any opinions/reviews of both options?

If we go with the Coronado Springs option, which would be the best area to request as I'm not familiar with Coronado Springs at all? Would love to see pictures as well.

Any help is much appreaciated. Thank you!
Disney's Bay Lake Tower Villas (1 Bedroom Lake View) - October 2014
jeni16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
Babsy
DIS Veteran

I'd go wit the 1 bedroom

Cabanas 9A and 9B are convenient locations in CS, however I am not sure if there are junior suites in these buildings. For some reason I think that they may be in Casitas 1? Anyone else know for sure?

If you are used to a deluxe resort, you may be happier in a one bedroom villa. Moderates are much more like value resorts tan the deluxe resorts, except with better theming and a restaurant.

Pictures and lots of info on resorts can be found on allears.net website.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I can't speak to either but I will say the number of junior suites are very limited at CSR. You would have to book well in advance and also hope no conventions have been scheduled yet for when you go, as I think junior suites are frequently occupied by business people.

Have you looked into renting DVC points? Renting of points allows you to book a villa at almost moderate resort pricing. The negatives are that you usually have to book far in advance to get what you want, and it non-refundable. Only other negatives are no daily housekeeping, dining plan has to be paid in full when you add it on, and you are working with a broker or the points owner - rather than directly with Disney. People on here swear by renting points so if the cost of the villa is a concern, this is a great option.
nkereina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #4
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

There are two jr suites in the cabanas, the rest are in the casitas.
Buddy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeni16 View Post
DH & I have always stayed Deluxe. Now that we have a son (who will be one at the time we go), we are thinking it would be nice to have the extra room and would like to stay in a one-bedroom.

One bedrooms are kind of pricey though. I've been researching our options & realized that Coronado Springs has Junior Suites that are about $200 cheaper per night than the Deluxe Hotels/Villas.

For those that are familiar with both the Coronado Springs Junior Suites & the Deluxe One Bedrooms, do you have any opinions/reviews of both options?

If we go with the Coronado Springs option, which would be the best area to request as I'm not familiar with Coronado Springs at all? Would love to see pictures as well.

Any help is much appreaciated. Thank you!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bHtw01KjCHA

Nice video of the jr suite. I haven't tried it yet but have stayed at CSR many times, and most deluxes. For our family we do the one bedroom villa (BLT) when we go as a faimily because the villas cost a lot less than the deluxe one bedrooms suites. For this Christmas I have been researching prices and wow they are high.

I am looking at the jr suite and 1bdrm at CSR. I may do 2 rooms in the business class because I don't have to have connecting, just close would work with teens. The new club level at CSR is really nice for the price. (Tried it with dd18 in April)

Another room that might work for you is the deluxe room in the garden wing at CR. I tried to book it 2 years ago and got upgraded to Atrium club so didn't get to see in person. It has 2 showers and a large bathroom, 2 doors too. Lots of space for a crib!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xM4OKjMxs0A
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
jeni16
DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone for their help/suggestions! Going to watch the You Tube videos now.
Disney's Bay Lake Tower Villas (1 Bedroom Lake View) - October 2014
jeni16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: