Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #1306
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

I'll be staying at CSR for the first time in October. I've always been reluctant to stay there because of the single sink and the desk instead of table and chairs. This is for a conference I'm attending solo so the sink and desk don't really matter. I've visited several times to eat and walk around the grounds so I am familiar with the place.

I was trying to find some CSR trip reports but almost none of the reports mention the resort in the title. Can anyone direct me to any CSR trip reports? Thanks.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #1307
Wynnebee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post

Oooo oooo Where in PA? Maybe I'll hop in the trunk and go with you!!

York, PA. South of Harrisburg.
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #1308
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I'll be staying at CSR for the first time in October. I've always been reluctant to stay there because of the single sink and the desk instead of table and chairs. This is for a conference I'm attending solo so the sink and desk don't really matter. I've visited several times to eat and walk around the grounds so I am familiar with the place.

I was trying to find some CSR trip reports but almost none of the reports mention the resort in the title. Can anyone direct me to any CSR trip reports? Thanks.
My Disney Done differently has several stays at CSR in it. But I apologize because I did a very lousy job of keeping up with the index. I think we stayed 3 times at CSR between 2010 and 2011, staying in all 3 sections.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #1309
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB in KY View Post
I just reserved a Business Class room for our late October stay. I have read what I can find about these rooms using the thread search but i still have lots of questions for someone who has been there.

When I reserved the only option for BC rooms was standard view and king room....can I request a lake view room or are they in another category that was just not available for my dates?

I read where the BC rooms are in building 9B. Is the lounge in that building as well? If so what floor?

I read that they have light breakfast and evening snacks with beer, wine and sangria. Can anyone fill me in on what the "light breakfast" and evening snack offerings are like?

Do the rooms have any different amenities than the regular CS rooms?

Thanks in advance for the help.
I haven't stayed BC yet, but will next trip to CSR. I can help with some of your questions.

There is no seperate booking category for view in the BC rooms. Some are on the lagoon side and some are on the backside which also has a lagoon, but not quite as nice as seeing all the lights across the resort at night.

Yes the lounge is in 9B on the 1st floor.

I know the rooms have a DVD player which the regular rooms don't have and DVD's you can borrow from the lounge. Not sure if there is anything else different.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #1310
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
I just reserved a Business Class room for our late October stay. I have read what I can find about these rooms using the thread search but i still have lots of questions for someone who has been there.

When I reserved the only option for BC rooms was standard view and king room....can I request a lake view room or are they in another category that was just not available for my dates?

I read where the BC rooms are in building 9B. Is the lounge in that building as well? If so what floor?

I read that they have light breakfast and evening snacks with beer, wine and sangria. Can anyone fill me in on what the "light breakfast" and evening snack offerings are like?

Way back on page 32 of this thread (start with post #479), I posted pictures and information about Business Class and the Lounge. This was during my stay in February. I am returning in late August. Can't wait!

Old 06-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #1311
Ready to go in Ok
Those suckers can attack from a distance
I laugh at me too sometimes
I would totally rock the big hair again!
Simmah Dan Nah!

How early can you check in? We are going down the day before, and want to check in and be at rope drop if at all possible. I know the room won't be ready. We plan to come back that afternoon and get settled in. Is this possible?
Old 06-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #1312
Andrea817
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready to go in Ok View Post
How early can you check in? We are going down the day before, and want to check in and be at rope drop if at all possible. I know the room won't be ready. We plan to come back that afternoon and get settled in. Is this possible?
Yes It's very possible! You can check-in at any time, even if the room is not ready. They will give you your packet and room keys and will text or call you with your room number and to let you know when it is ready whenever you return to the resort you just go straight to your room, no need to return to the front. We do this at every visit and head straight to the parks!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #1313
Ready to go in Ok
Those suckers can attack from a distance
I laugh at me too sometimes
I would totally rock the big hair again!
Simmah Dan Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea817 View Post
Yes It's very possible! You can check-in at any time, even if the room is not ready. They will give you your packet and room keys and will text or call you with your room number and to let you know when it is ready whenever you return to the resort you just go straight to your room, no need to return to the front. We do this at every visit and head straight to the parks!
Awesome! Thanks so much
Old 06-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #1314
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post

There's a CSR trip report down below my signature. It's very short, mostly pictures. I think there's 2 or 3 pages of pictures. I even included some of inside our room. This was from January 2012....only difference now is no buffet for breakfast and lunch in the Pepper Market. We loved CSR. Hoping to go back this coming January. Have fun on your trip.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #1315
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Thanks lovethattink and Hoosier Mom.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #1316
vikster1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Lounge Breakfast-
Breakfast offerings were replenished immediately.
Choices included:
Kelloggs' cereals
Bagels--toaster
fresh whole fruit- bananas, oranges and apples
Cut fruit- melon, pineapple and berry mix
Mango yogurt made on the property. Dh raved about it.
Granola
Packaged dannon yogurt
milk/ OJ/coffee/tea

In addition these were rotated daily for our stay was cinnabuns/ muffins(choc chip, blueberry, cranberry,pistachio,corn,citris and plain) /fruit danishes

Evening Snacks-
chips/pretzels dips
crackers/assorted cheeses
fruit
Nuts
Choc covered pretzels
Heineken/bud light/yuingling
Wht or Red Wine
Sangria
Soda/water

The lounge was located on the first floor. It basically is the size of 3 rooms coverted into the lounge. Some round tables/sitting chairs/couch/tvs. It also had a desk with computer.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:51 AM   #1317
missnic07
DIS Veteran

At Siestas pool bar, if you use the DDP is desert included? I was looking at the menu on allears but it doesn't list deserts. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #1318
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

I believe they have a few items like ice cream bars and/or cookies.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #1319
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Leaving in an hour for the airport for our first 10 day stay at CSR.... I will be sure to take a lot of pics
Old 06-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #1320
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
Leaving in an hour for the airport for our first 10 day stay at CSR.... I will be sure to take a lot of pics
Have a safe trip, and a fabulous vacation!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: