Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Split stay with Poly or Dolphin only? (7 days)

Hello,

We are going to WDW in November. THere are 6 of us in total, 2 grandparents, 2 parents and one 3 year old and one 11 month old.

WE have reservations at the Dolphin for the entire stay but are wondering if we should change to stay for 3 or 4 nights in the Polynesian. It looks like it might be nice to stay on the monorail with the small children, but will it take up too much time moving to be worthwhile. With only a week (7 nights), we actually only have 6 full days on the theme parks.

Has anyone done this? What are your thoughts?

Thanks for any advice,

Babsy
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
Hello,

We are going to WDW in November. THere are 6 of us in total, 2 grandparents, 2 parents and one 3 year old and one 11 month old.

WE have reservations at the Dolphin for the entire stay but are wondering if we should change to stay for 3 or 4 nights in the Polynesian. It looks like it might be nice to stay on the monorail with the small children, but will it take up too much time moving to be worthwhile. With only a week (7 nights), we actually only have 6 full days on the theme parks.

Has anyone done this? What are your thoughts?

Thanks for any advice,

Babsy
Moving really doesn't take much time, CM's make it easy because they move luggage for you. I would highly recommend it. Staying at Dolphin gives you quick acces to HS and EPCOT. In my opinion it is faster to walk to either one than take the launches, because thay make multiple stops (BW, BC/YC, Dolphin/Swan, and you can walk to Fantasia Gardens miniture golf. Then you can move, very easily to POLY where you have monorail access to MK which is truly awesome and your 3 yr. will truly enjoy it. Not to mention how awesome is it to leave MK after a long day and be delivered to the front door of the POLY without having to fold a stroller

Me DW:: DS15 DD:: 10
1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2011 WDW Boardwalk Villas
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
HMANSION LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
dalegibbs
Earning My Ears

Yeah even i think that staying on the monorail with the small children is a good idea.
dalegibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #4
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Do Poly first and get MK out of the way. Then do Dolphin and do Epcot and DHS and relax a bit around the Boardwalk area
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: