Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Ground transfers from MCO

Hi there,

Our flight is getting in at 12:06 pm the day of the cruise(tight I know). On the disney site they say you should not arrive any later than 1:30 pm at MCO. My question is I booked the motor coach transfer from the airport to the cruise, I think because we are from Canada we have to get our luggage? I'm not sure how it all works

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
moonvxn
Mouseketeer

(International Guests arriving in Orlando must first claim their luggage and clear Customs and Immigration. Once cleared, luggage will then be returned to the main baggage claim where Disney Cruise Line will collect and deliver it to the Guest's stateroom.)

DS 2nd Bday first trip, F&W, MNSSHP- October 2007 AKL
Bday/Anniversary Trip, PPP- Jan 2008 OKW, SS
Bday Trip- Jan 2009 AKL
DH BIG 3-0 Bday Trip- DCL Wonder Aug 2009
DCL Wonder May 2010
DCL Magic Jan 2011 <~~~Sold our souls to the
and became DVC owners!!! so ~twice a year or more since.
DCL Fantasy Sept 2012
DCL Magic May 2014
moonvxn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonvxn View Post
(International Guests arriving in Orlando must first claim their luggage and clear Customs and Immigration. Once cleared, luggage will then be returned to the main baggage claim where Disney Cruise Line will collect and deliver it to the Guest's stateroom.)

Thanks seems like a hassle hope we make it

Old 06-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
moonvxn
Mouseketeer

lol, you'll be ok. If you book your transfers with Disney you will definitely be fine. They will wait for you and whisk you off to the port. Figure with a 12:05 arrival you should board around 2:45/3 if all goes smoothly with customs.
Bday Trip- Jan 2009 AKL
DCL Wonder May 2010
DCL Fantasy Sept 2012
DCL Magic May 2014
Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
lol, you'll be ok. If you book your transfers with Disney you will definitely be fine. They will wait for you and whisk you off to the port. Figure with a 12:05 arrival you should board around 2:45/3 if all goes smoothly with customs.
Ooh that would be great 2:30 should give us time to eat before the drill, I have been on a diet since Feb. all I want to do is eat

Old 06-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
Tropics
Mouseketeer

You will pre-clear customs in Montreal (assuming that you're location is correct). Thus, your landing at MCO will be treated in a manner similar to domestic US flights. You will NOT have to clear customs at MCO.

The bigger question is what time of year are you travelling? Whenever we have flown into MCO in the winter from Canada we have ALWAYS been late because of de-icing.

I'm not sure how it works with Disney cruise transfers but with the Magical Express, Canadians do not have to pick up their bags before getting on the bus as long as they clear customs in Canada (most airports have US customs agents in the airports to per-clear all flights going to the US).
Old 06-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #7
Tropics
Mouseketeer

Quote:

This is NOT true for the very large majority of Canadian visitors. Every large and medium sized airport in Canada pre-clears US customs in Canada. We have US customs agents stationed in these airports for pre-clearance before we even step onto the plane. Thus, when we land in the US our flights are treated like domestic flights in that there is no further security or customs for us to clear. All of the major Canadian airports have special sections for US flights and after security and US customs we are considered to be in US territory in the Canadian airport and in order to leave that section of the airport we would actually have to go through Canadian customs.

There are only a couple of airports in Canada that have flights directly to the US for which customs needs to be cleared in the US and these are very small market airports.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
moonvxn
Mouseketeer

My clients have had to do it, and I just called DCL again to check and see if this has changed and it hasn't. After you clear customs at MCO you will proceed to the B side and will go to the welcome center on the lower level and the bus will be there waiting for you. They will take your bags then, make sure they have the magical express tags on them as they have your stateroom information on them. Then they will be taken care of from there and will appear in front of your stateroom later that evening. If you are not sure about this please don't hesitate to contact your travel agent or DCL.
Bday Trip- Jan 2009 AKL
DCL Wonder May 2010
DCL Fantasy Sept 2012
DCL Magic May 2014

Last edited by moonvxn; 06-14-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #9
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

We are flying in Sept so thank god I am not worried about ice
I know we usually always clear customs on our end in Montreal and we have never picked up our luggage in Orlando. It's always done by ME. I thought maybe for the cruise it might work differently, I'm still confused lol

Old 06-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #10
moonvxn
Mouseketeer

So I just called DCL again, and the Supervisor was under the same impression I was..so I had her call the embarkation crew. They said if you have gone through customs in Montreal you should not have to clear customs with your bags again. It does sometimes happen though, and if that is the case then you would need to grab your luggage. If not then all will be well and the Magical Express will take care of everything. I know my previous clients have had to get their bags, I just asked a friend and she did not. So...I apologize for the misinformation, when I called this morning the agent confirmed the wrong information, so so sorry )
Bday Trip- Jan 2009 AKL
DCL Wonder May 2010
DCL Fantasy Sept 2012
DCL Magic May 2014
Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So I just called DCL again, and the Supervisor was under the same impression I was..so I had her call the embarkation crew. They said if you have gone through customs in Montreal you should not have to clear customs with your bags again. It does sometimes happen though, and if that is the case then you would need to grab your luggage. If not then all will be well and the Magical Express will take care of everything. I know my previous clients have had to get their bags, I just asked a friend and she did not. So...I apologize for the misinformation, the original call confirmed the wrong information, so so sorry )
Oh that's fine!! Thank you so much for checking for us it was really nice of you I'm really glad this is the case because we are short on time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: