Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #286
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Pretty sure it is 4 such stories that I have read, so it must really happen. But of course they aren't going to admit to that.
I think that sounds right, unless your meant 4 this week! I was just surprised there have been 2 since the 12th! Encouraging, but it REALLY all does depend on the CM you talk to.
Some are more magical than others.

Last edited by plutospalforever; 06-14-2013 at 01:10 PM.
plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #287
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

I think that sounds right, unless your meant 4 this week! I was just surprised there have been 2 since the 12th! Encouraging, but it REALLY all does depend on the CM you talk to.
4 total since they started this pin code. Don't know that I think it is encouraging though.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #288
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Quote:
4 total since they started this pin code. Don't know that I think it is encouraging though.
I wonder if it has something to do with the actual dates of the trip (besides getting a CM who goes the extra magical mile for you). If your check in date is falls within the FD offer that could be offered in the next few weeks or so, then odds could increase in your favor. If check in date misses be even 1 day, then chances are you'd get a "no" as the chances are probably not good that CM would mention that you could get FD for part of your stay, but not for the 1st day (or so) because that date is blacked out for FD. This is all strictly speculation, of course. Just a thought ...
Personally, I think it's probably just as random as their FD pin code mailing list.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #289
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
I know Disfan, when I said encouraging, I meant encouraging for a GP free dining offer. Sorry.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #290
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
I wonder if it has something to do with the actual dates of the trip (besides getting a CM who goes the extra magical mile for you). If your check in date is falls within the FD offer that could be offered in the next few weeks or so, then odds could increase in your favor. If check in date misses be even 1 day, then chances are you'd get a "no" as the chances are probably not good that CM would mention that you could get FD for part of your stay, but not for the 1st day (or so) because that date is blacked out for FD. This is all strictly speculation, of course. Just a thought ...
Personally, I think it's probably just as random as their FD pin code mailing list.
Good point. I don't know if the poster on the other thread gave her dates, I'll have to check. It's simply crazy Don't these CM's know we "talk" to each other?

Old 06-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #291
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

I really don't like these random PINs. I'd really rather they have a customer loyalty program or both. These PINs are so depressing to so many people. They make the trip planning that much more stressful and unenjoyable. I usually wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to Disney, but these PINs are ridiculous.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #292
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon Guys! I have popped in and out of the free dining thread and now this one but anywho- We have a trip booked right now from Sept 21-25 but if the new free dining does in fact, come out we might change to October 19-23. We want to the do the Halloween party and I feel like it would feel more like Halloween if we waited until October and its my birthday month

But, I was just looking at the crowd calendar and in September the weekends dates are at a 4 and 3. October both have 7's and then goes to 6 and 4 on Monday and Tuesday. What do you guys think? 7 and 4 a big noticeable difference?

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #293
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Good afternoon Guys! I have popped in and out of the free dining thread and now this one but anywho- We have a trip booked right now from Sept 21-25 but if the new free dining does in fact, come out we might change to October 19-23. We want to the do the Halloween party and I feel like it would feel more like Halloween if we waited until October and its my birthday month

But, I was just looking at the crowd calendar and in September the weekends dates are at a 4 and 3. October both have 7's and then goes to 6 and 4 on Monday and Tuesday. What do you guys think? 7 and 4 a big noticeable difference?
Figment of my imagination

Last edited by plutospalforever; 06-16-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #294
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I was looking at easywdw.com... And I just started thinking, we aren't even going on the 19th to an actual park.. Just the 20th and 21st and the 23rd we will do the party.. ( assuming free dining is offered again and we change dates) Will you check it out for me?

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

Old 06-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #295
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I know Disfan, when I said encouraging, I meant encouraging for a GP free dining offer. Sorry.
No don't be sorry!!! I am sorry for being so whiney about it. I truly am happy for people getting them. I just occasionally feel sad for myself, and I shouldn't. Praying for general public but I always think the more people getting the pins and getting pixie dusted, the less likely that will happen.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #296
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

October 20th- we would do MK for half the day and then HS in the late afternoon/evening....

October 21- We are going to try to squeeze in 3 this day! AK for just a few hours, ( we normally can be done in 2-3 hours at most) Go to Epcot to eat lunch and do just a few things there and then go to MK again that night to see the night parade and fireworks.

October 22- We will do the party.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #297
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
October 20th- we would do MK for half the day and then HS in the late afternoon/evening....

October 21- We are going to try to squeeze in 3 this day! AK for just a few hours, ( we normally can be done in 2-3 hours at most) Go to Epcot to eat lunch and do just a few things there and then go to MK again that night to see the night parade and fireworks.

October 22- We will do the party.
That sounds like a fun plan! Hope it works out for you!!! 6s are not too bad.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #298
Tommyboy2529
Mouseketeer

How do you know what the crowds are, I looked it up two years ago when I was there, said the crowds would be low, and the one day the MK was so packed you could hardly move, had to leave. We where there the week of Dec 11 to 21.
Tommyboy2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #299
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
I was looking at easywdw.com... And I just started thinking, we aren't even going on the 19th to an actual park.. Just the 20th and 21st and the 23rd we will do the party.. ( assuming free dining is offered again and we change dates) Will you check it out for me?
This was only a dream

Last edited by plutospalforever; 06-16-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #300
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
No don't be sorry!!! I am sorry for being so whiney about it. I truly am happy for people getting them. I just occasionally feel sad for myself, and I shouldn't. Praying for general public but I always think the more people getting the pins and getting pixie dusted, the less likely that will happen.
True, but remember, Disboarders are a pretty small group compared to the general public mailing lists. We're concentrating on FD in here so you see more success stories than you would most other places. And not everyone who receives a FD pin will use it. There have been several Dis posts from people who have neighbors, friends, relatives who received a pin but weren't going to use it. (I've received 3 in the past month or so and didn't need them because our trip is during the Sep FD offer.)
There have been at least 3 waves of pin mailings in recent weeks so I would think that indicates bookings are not where Disney wants them to be so will be offering to GP, too. I know it would be cool to get one of those elusive pin codes, but getting FD via DVC/GP offer works too!
Keep hoping for your own personal FD pixie dust, Disfan. And for those odd moments when you feel yourself losing hope, remember that we're all here still hoping for you. Gotta keep the FD pixie dust & Mickey shaking going, right?!!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: