Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
I just laid my bag on the conveyor belt, chain and all, and no one said anything about it. Until they spied the water bottle that my DD had stuffed in there when I wasn't looking!
Yeah, it didn't even occur to me to be worried about it....that is, until my DH mentioned it.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the insert I ordered. I originally got it for my backpack but it will also work great in the Kyss.

Its inexpensive but good quality. Only thing is it took a few weeks to get.

Keep in mind that the medium is a large bag. Plenty big for me and my 2 kids. I'm 5' 3" and the large bag would have been ginormous on my shoulder.

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #18
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleeve View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the insert I ordered. I originally got it for my backpack but it will also work great in the Kyss.

Its inexpensive but good quality. Only thing is it took a few weeks to get.

Keep in mind that the medium is a large bag. Plenty big for me and my 2 kids. I'm 5' 3" and the large bag would have been ginormous on my shoulder.
just checked this out and oh, i do like it! thanks for posting this, i may have to have it.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #19
baleeve

Here is the image I found Black w/large monogram

Medium Black Bag with LARGE White Monogram

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...g-Black-NR.jpg

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
Old 06-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #20
baleeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
just checked this out and oh, i do like it! thanks for posting this, i may have to have it.
You're welcome.

It ships from China (of course) so it took 2 weeks to get. But like I said, its a nice insert. Nothing fancy but sure worth $4

Old 06-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #21
Floridagram
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleeve View Post
Medium Black Bag with LARGE White Monogram

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...g-Black-NR.jpg
May I ask what you have used this for? I was thinking of getting the bigger one because I would rather have it too big than too small. But then again there are times a big bag is inconvenient. Thanks for any thoughts on the size to get.
Carnival Holiday-1992,NCL Norway-1996,Carnival Ecstasy-1998,Carnival Tropicale-1999,RCCL Voyager of the Seas-2001,RCCL Mariner of the Seas- 2004,HAL Zuiderdam-2004,HAL Westerdam-February 2007,Disney Magic-April 2007.Carnival Liberty-May 2008,DCL Fantasy- May 2012, CCL Freedom-Aug 2012, DCL Fantasy April 2013,NCL Jewel-Aug 2014, DCL Wonder Sept. 2014, CCL Liberty Oct 2014, Nov 2014 (B2B) RCCL Enchantment Nov 2014
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #22
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagram View Post
May I ask what you have used this for? I was thinking of getting the bigger one because I would rather have it too big than too small. But then again there are times a big bag is inconvenient. Thanks for any thoughts on the size to get.
mine is a carry on with my electronics in it (iPod, iPad), a book to read, my tickets and id (passports, drivers license) my wallet and keys. i'm also looking at using it for by the pool or on the beach. thats where i have the hardest time. dh likes to go for a swim and often wants me to come in with him. i find that i am never relaxed in the pool because i'm always checking out where my items are, if they are okay. this will help in that i can lock it to my chair and not have to worry so much, i might be able to relax.
before any flaming happens about saving chairs, i never stay in the pool longer than 15 minutes. i don't enjoy swimming so much.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #23
baleeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagram View Post
I bought the medium bag and it is plenty big for beach towels, Kindle, Ipod, cell phone, beach stuff, lotions, my DSLR camera etc.

In fact I bought it thinking I'd use it for work but it may be too big for that.

Its a great weekend bag too.

The nice thing about the bag (medium or large) is that it is flexible so you can't go wrong with either size. The medium one can be stuffed to hold a lot and the larger one can fold over to go under an airplane seat if it isn't full. (The bag - not the plane)

Just make sure you get a color you will love years from now. Also one that will wear well (stains etc). I got the black bag even after someone said it might get hot in the sun. I figure I can always drape a white towel over it. But I chose it to hide wear and also to use it as more than just a beach bag.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: